Sponsored

Steel bumper real life crash result

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
About 7 Years ago I was rear ended driving my Dodge Dakota. The rear bumper and tailgate were replaced by insurance at no cost to me. What we didn't realize at the time was the filter had been knocked off of the fuel pump and it eventually gunked up the entire fuel system and the truck wouldn't run but for a few minutes at a time. Keep an eye out for that after your repairs are completed.
That's crazy. I have been rear ended twice in my first Dakota and did not have that occur. Both times the frame bent below the cab/bed area and the bed whacked the cab. Never did it get totaled out. I was livid. The first time I had just paid it off. Lost about $6k due to the damages on file when I sold it.

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
May need a new Johnson rod too.

IrrationalCPA

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, F-150 Tremor, 991.2T
Exactly why I chose this car, hurts them more than me, and dogs in the rear cargo aren’t getting squished. Thanks for the photos!

Sponsored

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
On a side note did her cell phone crack her windshield when it flew out of her hand?
We interrupt this thread to bring you this flippin' hilarious occurence regarding stupid drivers & their cell phones:

last week, as I was getting ready to turn into a job site (via a roundabout), some stupid excuse for a human being, on her cell, run right out in front of me. even though not moving that fast, 80 feet long, 105000 pound trucks can't stop on a dime, regardless of what the less informed motorists believe. slammed on the brakes, and hit the air horn. said stupid driver jumped & when she did, threw her phone out the window...just so happens that the phone landed in direct relation to the path my tires were taking...you guessed it, no more phone for distracted driver :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL:

I now return your thread ;)

coupedncal

First Name
CoupednCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at Jeeps
Could someone comment what color is this Jeep? It is not the Firecracker Red is it? In the picture, this shows more orange than red. It is a beautiful color.
Jeep Wrangler JL Steel bumper real life crash result 1645917880587

Could someone comment on the color in this picture? What color is it? Firecracker Red?

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
1645917880587.png

Could someone comment on the color in this picture? What color is it? Firecracker Red?
Punk'n Metallic maybe? Almost looks like a blend between that color and Firecracker. Really nice color/shade. Actually think it looks more like this color I found on a JK from CR, but I'm not sure what that one's called either..

https://crdms.images.consumerreport...uto/prod/cars/chrome/white/2010JEE006a_640_01

Edit; Just went back and looked at the vehicle info from the person that posted the pic, and it's definitely Punk'n.

coupedncal

First Name
CoupednCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at Jeeps
Punk'n Metallic maybe? Almost looks like a blend between that color and Firecracker. Really nice color/shade. Actually think it looks more like this color I found on a JK from CR, but I'm not sure what that one's called either..

https://crdms.images.consumerreport...uto/prod/cars/chrome/white/2010JEE006a_640_01

Edit; Just went back and looked at the vehicle info from the person that posted the pic, and it's definitely Punk'n.
This color is not currently offered it seems. The original poster had this on a 2018. Any chance they will bring it back?

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
This color is not currently offered it seems. The original poster had this on a 2018. Any chance they will bring it back?
No, I don't believe it's being offered any longer. Afaik, the JL had Nacho and Punk'n for oranges, but I'm really not sure if they have a history of bringing colors back once they're retired. More than likely they'll probably just have a completely different shade/hue next time they do another orange color. Just guessing, though.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
About 7 Years ago I was rear ended driving my Dodge Dakota. The rear bumper and tailgate were replaced by insurance at no cost to me. What we didn't realize at the time was the filter had been knocked off of the fuel pump and it eventually gunked up the entire fuel system and the truck wouldn't run but for a few minutes at a time. Keep an eye out for that after your repairs are completed.
10 or so years ago my stepfather bought an F350 we didn’t know was rear ended… We knew immediately when we hooked up a trailer. The frame was ever so slightly bent and the hitch was aways at a bad angle… Lots of little thing isn’t aways immediately noticed.

I would get the frame looked at really well, everything else is easily replaced with cooler aftermarket parts.

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S 80th Anniversary
This seems less about a steel bumper and more about the height of a Jeep’s bumper overall. The mismatch of bumper heights between cars and SUVs has been a problem because the car’s bumper goes untouched.
...I agree...and also the spare tire may have impacted as well??

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
That's crazy. I have been rear ended twice in my first Dakota and did not have that occur. Both times the frame bent below the cab/bed area and the bed whacked the cab. Never did it get totaled out. I was livid. The first time I had just paid it off. Lost about $6k due to the damages on file when I sold it.
Sometimes I wish I still had that Dakota.

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
I guess it depends on who is hitting who? But yeah pretty much every vehicle should be lifted in the front and lowered in the rear if you want to optimize for rear end type accidents. Wouldn't that look stylish? lol
You mean like this?

Jeep Wrangler JL Steel bumper real life crash result Carolina_Lean