Steel bumper gap with winch

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Here's some pictures of my Maximus plates (along with some ugly cube light wiring I still need to zip-tie out of the way). They are very good quality and very easy to install. The provided self-cutting screw taps threads into an existing hole on the bumper. Maximus sells two plates - one for Warn winches and another for all the other winches, be sure to order the right one.
upload_2019-12-22_21-44-46.png

upload_2019-12-22_21-48-18.png
Thanks for the info I'll be sure to get the correct filler plate. That looks like it fits great do you think it would be a good idea to find a cover for the top of the winch?

Thanks Again for the pics!
Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I was debating the filler plates but this sold it. Also might buy their winch plate now. I wanted to do a cover also but I've heard they are really hard to fit. I know its probably dumb, but i'm going to spend the extra money on the Warn Zeon because its such a tight fit and fully enclosed on the top with a metal housing, that I don't think it will even need a cover.

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
I was debating the filler plates but this sold it. Also might buy their winch plate now. I wanted to do a cover also but I've heard they are really hard to fit. I know its probably dumb, but i'm going to spend the extra money on the Warn Zeon because its such a tight fit and fully enclosed on the top with a metal housing, that I don't think it will even need a cover.
I also bought their winch plate. It is very solid very well made, and I had no problems mounting it.

Sponsored

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Odd I checked their site, and it does not support online ordering. Some odd swipe to submit UI is enabled here for some odd reason not allowing any submitting orders from a normal laptop. I work in the IT industry and I have never seen anything like this before.

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
Odd I checked their site, and it does not support online ordering. Some odd swipe to submit UI is enabled here for some odd reason not allowing any submitting orders from a normal laptop. I work in the IT industry and I have never seen anything like this before.
I tried asking them in the vendor forum here when they can start shipping again as their website says they can't ship until the quarantine is softened in Michigan. I wanted these and their winch plate but ended up going with rusty's winch plate which I really like. I do want these, just wish there were some other options from other companies.

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
With the steel bumper group and the filler plates from Maximus-3 is it still possible to fit a winch cover to protect synthetic line? If so any recommendation?

FYI I will be installing a Smittybilt X20 12000lb winch with synthetic line.

The Bartcact winch cover looks good and I found a few reviews that say it fits the x20 but with the way the winch is sunk into the bumper and with the filler plate I wonder if its possible to put on...
Did you ever get a winch cover installed with the plates?

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, did you have to remove the trim plates to install the cover?
Yes you do have to install with the trim plates off (easy to do) but after it's on and the trim plates are installed you have all the access you need through the zipper to operate the winch.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Reviving an old thread for search sake since I just had to deal with that unsightly gap myself and wasn’t aware about options to adress it til now.

Anyways what I did was use the finishing panel from a plastic bumper optioned Sahara/Rubicon, cut it to shape around my Warn Evo 10s. Worked out great imo.

F9B98B31-664A-4060-879D-C504482ABD75.jpeg

C4BA9E77-0BF5-4328-9B15-F0DC9D1F089C.jpeg
Sponsored