Steel Bumper Front Shackle Tabs

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
I did these but they only work with this specific winch plate. You also need to notch the bottom of the bumper - Pretty solid install.

Jeep Wrangler JL Steel Bumper Front Shackle Tabs IMG_0095.JPG

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

Maximus 3’s? I’ve used them on 2 Jeeps, Also gives you a tow bar and safety cable attachment if flat towing, very stout and attach to the frame behind the bumper.

First time I’ve seen the other setup, good looking but curious if it effects the air bag function?

29F48FFC-FC4A-40BF-B4BB-B7702D5128BF.jpeg

CC160DE4-591C-4BAF-BDB4-20CCD65E415E.jpeg

Sponsored

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
First time I’ve seen the other setup, good looking but curious if it effects the air bag function?
I am not trying to be a smartass ... I am simply curious ... how would that mount affect the airbag function ??..

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Shouldn't affect air bags at all.

But those do affect approach angle, have seen them stop all forward motion on a Jeep trying to get it's front tire onto a big rock. They hang down too low for me to consider them. Maximus 3 does make solid parts though.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited

But those do affect approach angle, have seen them stop all forward motion on a Jeep trying to get it's front tire onto a big rock. They hang down too low for me to consider them. Maximus 3 does make solid parts though.
Yeah.. I had to look twice as that mount will affect the approach angle, damage the d-ring shackles if you hit a rock ... and well.. .it looks weird to me ... kind of like those bull nuts people hang from the rear hitch.. ugh...

To the OP... the front shackle tab kit from hkoffroad looks really solid.. really good... I would get them it I were you... ;)

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

I am not trying to be a smartass ... I am simply curious ... how would that mount affect the airbag function ??..

When I installed the Mopar winch mount they also have you put extensions on the bumper cans under plastic fog light bezels/covers and deeper covers where the shackle kit is mounted, not sure if it’s cosmetic or safety related somehow. It does keep the winch hardware flush with the bezels.

I’ve had airbags go off twice in accidents not my fault. Guess I should look into what makes them tick.

17C59F91-000C-4FE6-9263-50A780F1A7E2.jpeg

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

Guessing these would work for flat towing also, just have to attach safety cables somewhere as you lose the factory tow hooks. The Maximus were the best alternative to a full width baseplate that looks like a giant wart on the front.

The HK site says some frame cutting but must be just the holes to bolt on to the frame end? They don’t post the install instructions.
Sponsored