Steel Bumper and Sahara?

MDawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe, 2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
My kid already hit the garage door opening with her less than 1 month old Wrangler Sahara 🙄. Bumper is scratched up but fine. It got me thinking about replacing it with the steel bumper from Mopar, but when I went to the Mopar site, it says it isn’t compatible with the Sahara trim level (seems to be the only trim not available). Seems strange to me, is this for real?
Sponsored

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
I've done it. The bumper bolts straight up, but the beauty strip between the grill and bumper is not the same and will need to be purchased. Also, the skid plate needs an adapter to bolt to the frame ends. There will be an option to buy the skid with the adapter.

20210714_112720.jpg

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
My kid already hit the garage door opening with her less than 1 month old Wrangler Sahara 🙄. Bumper is scratched up but fine. It got me thinking about replacing it with the steel bumper from Mopar, but when I went to the Mopar site, it says it isn’t compatible with the Sahara trim level (seems to be the only trim not available). Seems strange to me, is this for real?
The bumper comes with LEDs though. Something to keep in mind if you have halogens.
Sponsored