dccurtis

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Jeeps: 93 YJ, 01 Sahara, 03 Rubicon. Current 18 JLU Sahara
Hi Everyone,

I have a steel bumper and skid plate off of a Moab that I am planning on installing on my Sahara.

There are a few parts that I’ve had to order to complete the install. These parts are:
1. Maximus-3 Fog light adapter
2. Left and Right skid plate brackets and associated bolts

First question:
What bolts should I be using to attach the Maximus-3 fog light adapter to the bumper? It picked up 4 (2 on each side) bolts, washers, and nuts at the hardware store, but it’s a serious PITA to get the nut on the bolt without dropping the nut it into the bumper (probably removing the ends would help). It looks like I should be using a u-nut (similar to the other ones used in the steel bumper).

Second question:
I followed the guidance from a thread on here to get the brackets and bolts for the skid plate. Unfortunately after getting the parts it appears that some of them are incorrect!

Parts I have and what I think I need:
Left and Right skid plate brackets: 68353836AB, 68353837AB. This should be 68353836AA and 68353837AA, Correct? Maybe the “AB” part I have would still work?

4 rivnuts: 6511076AA. Correct?
4 rivnut bolts: 6104414AA. Correct?

7 bolts for skid to bumper: 06512587AA. Correct?

I would greatly appreciate it If anyone can shed some light on my questions or confirm that the part numbers I have listed!

Thanks!
Doug
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rubicon4Life

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - White
Hi Everyone,

I have a steel bumper and skid plate off of a Moab that I am planning on installing on my Sahara.

There are a few parts that I’ve had to order to complete the install. These parts are:
1. Maximus-3 Fog light adapter
2. Left and Right skid plate brackets and associated bolts

First question:
What bolts should I be using to attach the Maximus-3 fog light adapter to the bumper? It picked up 4 (2 on each side) bolts, washers, and nuts at the hardware store, but it’s a serious PITA to get the nut on the bolt without dropping the nut it into the bumper (probably removing the ends would help). It looks like I should be using a u-nut (similar to the other ones used in the steel bumper).

Second question:
I followed the guidance from a thread on here to get the brackets and bolts for the skid plate. Unfortunately after getting the parts it appears that some of them are incorrect!

Parts I have and what I think I need:
Left and Right skid plate brackets: 68353836AB, 68353837AB. This should be 68353836AA and 68353837AA, Correct? Maybe the “AB” part I have would still work?

4 rivnuts: 6511076AA. Correct?
4 rivnut bolts: 6104414AA. Correct?

7 bolts for skid to bumper: 06512587AA. Correct?

I would greatly appreciate it If anyone can shed some light on my questions or confirm that the part numbers I have listed!

Thanks!
Doug

I believe the AB are the newer version of the AA from what I can see from doing a basic google search. A few websites say the AB now supersedes the AA. Have you installed this yet? Any luck?

OP
OP

dccurtis

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Jeeps: 93 YJ, 01 Sahara, 03 Rubicon. Current 18 JLU Sahara
I believe the AB are the newer version of the AA from what I can see from doing a basic google search. A few websites say the AB now supersedes the AA. Have you installed this yet? Any luck?
Yea that’s correct. Even though the AB part looks different it still appears to be backwards compatible with the older AA part since I had no trouble getting the skid plate mounted up just fine
Sponsored