Stay away from Rairdon's Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Kirkland

maweber

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I haven't had issues with service (oil change, warranty repair) in Monroe.
Sponsored

Mr.BoJangles_91

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I went there to test drive a Rubicon to see if I liked it. I went on the test drive with a fellow who didn't know anything about the model or jeeps in general. It was a clear, "I know more than you" situation. Afterwords I went into the main room to chat with the sales people. They were so very eager to "cut me a deal". I was looking to trade in my Frontier. I knew what I wanted for it if it were a private sale and I knew what a dealership would offer. The salesman there told me, no one is going to pay that for that truck. I left, put the truck for sale and sold it for what I wanted 24 hours later on instagram. They called me a few days later and I got to rub it in his face.

I then found the Rubicon I wanted from Motorcars Limited in Mt. Vernon. Complete opposite experience.

Mr.BoJangles_91

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Oh and then I went back to Rairdons to get a quote for LED headlight n turn signals install. Came out to $2200.00......... yeahhhh

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I can do you one better:

I recently took my RAM Cummins diesel into the service dept to have some warranty work done, and was quoted on the phone $375 for a front brake job. I know this can be an easy DIY, but I decided it was worth my time to have someone else replace pads/resurface rotors if it needed it (it was making some noises which could suggest pads were ready to be replaced).

I get the call later in the day - it's now jumped to $900 for the front, and $850 for the rear. That price includes rotors (it should but did not also include the calipers and bleeding brakes). But wait...there's more:

$450 for the 4x4 service (consisting of diff and transfer case fluid changes), $600 for a "fuel intake cleaning service" (it's a diesel for chrissakes), and another $500 to fix an alleged leaking pinion seal.

Here's the fun part - the rig has 48K miles on it. The pads were fine - I am not sure they actually removed the tires at all to inspect - the inspection report noted they were within spec. The fluid service was done 10K miles ago -which was in the records if they had bothered to check.

I was caught between outrage for these ridiculous quotes and hilarity at the suggestion that I should spend $3500 for optional service. I think being close to Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, and Google employees makes these guys think that they can fleece anyone they desire.

Got online at BAM Wholesale Mopar parts, and $500 later, I had a full set of rotors and pads on the way. This is maybe a 2 hour job if I am being slow and careful, or I can pay the local garage maybe $500 to install.

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Oh and then I went back to Rairdons to get a quote for LED headlight n turn signals install. Came out to $2200.00......... yeahhhh
That is funny. They installed LED turn signal fenders on my Jeep. They still can't make them work. I used a Tazer JL to get them going. It isn't their fault, Jeep refuses to givev MOPAR the codes to enable them... still, they can't make it work.

Sponsored

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

they sell cars more expensive too
That doesn't concern me as much. If you are concerned about price, you have to get out of the Seattle area and go where the overhead is significantly lower. A car dealer in a region with significantly lower expenses can still make margin at a lower cost basis.

I get that in this area, I have to pay a premium for convenience of doing business in this area.

My objection is that I am paying a premium, and I have not gotten good service on a majority of occasions.

I will be taking my Jeep in for the manual recall, and to look at my ESS system AGAIN. we will see if my last service was the new normal, or if they have reverted back to old habits.

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Anyone have experience with Rairdon of Marysville for service? I got mine used with under 100 miles because someone bought one in Renton, got home, and their wife said she didn't want a manual. I snapped it up from the Land Rover dealership he traded it into. I'm more worried about warranty/TSB work than anything like oil changes. Not that warranties mean anything in American anymore.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AgentWolf

AgentWolf

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
WOW! I didn't realize you were a local. This is the dealer where I purchased mine. I now take mine elsewhere, even for oil changes! Yep, they are free at the dealer.. I think it is cheaper to pay someone else to do it, as I don't know the extent Rairdon is capable of screwing up.

@AgentWolf, please share where it was recommended that you go.
Jeep cares notes Dwayne lane was a good place to go to for repair. Google reviews seem to differ on that a bit. I’ve never been there so I can’t say one way or another. Really if you want the best, go to John at Auburn off-road.

mark203

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys XR
Clubs

Anyone have experience with Rairdon of Marysville for service? I got mine used with under 100 miles because someone bought one in Renton, got home, and their wife said she didn't want a manual. I snapped it up from the Land Rover dealership he traded it into. I'm more worried about warranty/TSB work than anything like oil changes. Not that warranties mean anything in American anymore.
I get mine serviced there (Marysville), and have had good experiences.
Sales and service sides of most dealers can be very different in the way they operate.

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
Really, for anyone reading this thread, do yourself a favor - call Paul Lablance at Dwayne Layne in Everett, and save yourself wasted time. I received 7% off invoice on a custom order and Paul kept me in the loop the whole 7 weeks of the waiting period. No games, no silly dealer fees, no BS, did what he said he would do.
Just to follow-up on this, I reached out to Rairdon and Dwayne Layne which both offered 3% under invoice with tread lightly. Autonation in Bellevue ended up at 5% under invoice, and doc fees of $150. Ordered yesterday, and couldn't have been easier (discussed over email and ordered over the phone).

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Autonation in Bellevue ended up at 5% under invoice, and doc fees of $150.
Glad you did well. Autonation wasn’t dealing when I bought my Rubicon and my RAM. Odd that Dwayne Lane wouldn’t step up - did you chat with Paul?

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
I was referred to Jamie and only briefly spoke with Paul (unrelated to the purchase).

The recommendation would be to just go directly to Paul.
Sponsored