Threads
Reaction score
Website
meltmedia.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Founder/BizDev
Trying to be a good boy and only hassling Jeep.com chatgirls once a week.

Don't want to jinx myself, but things seem to be moving pretty fast these days, compared to some of the discussions I've seen here in the past.

History
  • 5/20/18 (Sun): ordered JLUR, granite, loaded w/prem softtop
  • 5/22/18 (Tue): VIN issued
  • 5/26/18 (Sat): Status updated to "D: firm schedule: serial number assigned, approx time in station – 5 days"
  • 5/31/18 (Thu): Status updated to "D1: gateline: unit sequenced for production, est ship date assigned, Approx time in station – 12 days"
If my friends and family thought I was overly eager (aka, annoying) as an Audi evangelist, I fear they have seen nothing compared to how bad I will likely be as a Jeep evangelist.

Looking forward to to deploying the wave!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Wow, congrats. I ordered the 15th of May and no movement yet. JLUR Ocean Blue.

Sponsored

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
Wow, congrats. I ordered the 15th of May and no movement yet. JLUR Ocean Blue.
My ocean blue JLUR was ordered the 14th. Fully loaded with TRMS. Was just told that the build will be started the week of the 18th. Ours will probably go through together.

OP
OP
thumperer

thumperer

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
meltmedia.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Founder/BizDev
I got excited the other day because my buddy at work, who ordered a Rubi the same day I did (May 20), suddenly went from D1 to KZ (somewhere in shipping process). He's already built! But I have some options which are likely slowing me down.

Muoma

First Name
Reading
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport Bright White, 2018 Mercedes C300, 2010 Lexus GX460
I got excited the other day because my buddy at work, who ordered a Rubi the same day I did (May 20), suddenly went from D1 to KZ (somewhere in shipping process). He's already built! But I have some options which are likely slowing me down.

would you share how to check the status yourself? Thanks!

OP
OP
thumperer

thumperer

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
meltmedia.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Founder/BizDev
Absolutely! The easiest way I've found is to use the "Live Chat" feature on the Jeep.com Contact Page. Note that this page currently seems to be inaccessible (somewhat hidden) from the Jeep.com mobile site, so I recommend desktop or laptop. Also, if you go directly to that link I provided, the Oracle Chat widget is NOT mobile friendly.

Note:
  • Be polite to the chat peeps, as they are getting beat up by frustrated Wrangler orderers. If you give them attitude, you might not get your info.

• Try not to hit them daily. I'm checking once per week.

• They will need your full VIN, even though the chat interface already asks for the "last 8" of your VIN to initiate chat.

• When you ask for your status, they may just respond with a plain English answer, like "It's queued up to hit production." But you should ask them for the specific "Order Code (reference here)" so you know exactly where things are at from FCA's perspective.
Happy chatting!

would you share how to check the status yourself? Thanks!

Sponsored

Muoma

First Name
Reading
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport Bright White, 2018 Mercedes C300, 2010 Lexus GX460
Absolutely! The easiest way I've found is to use the "Live Chat" feature on the Jeep.com Contact Page. Note that this page currently seems to be inaccessible (somewhat hidden) from the Jeep.com mobile site, so I recommend desktop or laptop. Also, if you go directly to that link I provided, the Oracle Chat widget is NOT mobile friendly.

Note:
  • Be polite to the chat peeps, as they are getting beat up by frustrated Wrangler orderers. If you give them attitude, you might not get your info.

• Try not to hit them daily. I'm checking once per week.

• They will need your full VIN, even though the chat interface already asks for the "last 8" of your VIN to initiate chat.

• When you ask for your status, they may just respond with a plain English answer, like "It's queued up to hit production." But you should ask them for the specific "Order Code (reference here)" so you know exactly where things are at from FCA's perspective.
Happy chatting!
Thanks!

BluRubicon

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon Ocean Blue ord’d 5/21, Enclave, Harley Ultra Glide
Vehicle Showcase
My ocean blue JLUR was ordered the 14th. Fully loaded with TRMS. Was just told that the build will be started the week of the 18th. Ours will probably go through together.
I also have an Ocean Blue JLUR on order 5/21. I have an expected ship date of 6/15. Perhaps they have a run of BLUE's to get out that week.
Here's to positive thoughts!

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
My Mojito+TRMS was ordered Apr 16...'D1" assigned May 16...sort of confusing build/finished date of 16 June. Jeep told my dealer...finished date of 16 June. But I don't believe it...too fast for Toledo!
Sponsored