Static on Uconnect Media app and USB

Brian417

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cherokee Limited
ok thanks! Please do! Did the dealer say anything about "can't replicate the issue" so there is nothing to do? cuz my dealer is stuck like a record on that phrase and will not touch it without seeing it!
I had unplugged the automatic Start/stop feature from under the hood because it was annoying to keep turning it off every time I started the car, so theyā€™re blaming it on that. šŸ™„. I know thats not the reason but I canā€™t tell them I unplugged it or itā€™ll void the warranty.

do you have the iPhone 11 by any chance? I heard some people complaining about the 11 being the problem and some people say itā€™s the new IOS 14 all together.
Sponsored

LatteSipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara 6MT, '23 Highlander
Ha, I have the same issue; Apple cable and a week old ā€˜21 JLU. I thought it was a problem with the CD rip.

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
I had unplugged the automatic Start/stop feature from under the hood because it was annoying to keep turning it off every time I started the car, so theyā€™re blaming it on that. šŸ™„. I know thats not the reason but I canā€™t tell them I unplugged it or itā€™ll void the warranty.

do you have the iPhone 11 by any chance? I heard some people complaining about the 11 being the problem and some people say itā€™s the new IOS 14 all together.
Yes I have the 11, not the pro, not the max. Always running the latest software.My wife has the 11Pro and it did the same thing but not all the time, granted its always my phone plugged in 99% of the time.

On her Honda Pilot 2020 not a single issue with my phone or hers....I am sure its a Iphone+Uconnect thing....

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Ha, I have the same issue; Apple cable and a week old ā€˜21 JLU. I thought it was a problem with the CD rip.
Someone should do something about this.More and more people have this same issue

Brian417

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cherokee Limited
Yes I have the 11, not the pro, not the max. Always running the latest software.My wife has the 11Pro and it did the same thing but not all the time, granted its always my phone plugged in 99% of the time.

On her Honda Pilot 2020 not a single issue with my phone or hers....I am sure its a Iphone+Uconnect thing....
Ya itā€™s extremely annoying. I figured it might be an iPhone thing or and IOS issue but I havenā€™t tried it on another vehicle. As soon as I pulled up the the dealership I realized I forgot to plug in the automatic start/stop and knew they would blame it on that.

Sponsored

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Ya itā€™s extremely annoying. I figured it might be an iPhone thing or and IOS issue but I havenā€™t tried it on another vehicle. As soon as I pulled up the the dealership I realized I forgot to plug in the automatic start/stop and knew they would blame it on that.
To be honest, sometimes i feel it starts when i hit a small bad paved section of the road that creates a small vibration...sometimes not.
Many times i noticed the GUI on google maps when using car play lag/stutter as well like its a whole system thing.I have used many cables both original and aftermarket.

Here's what i think most affects this is i feel the bitrate of the music being played/streamed has something to do with it.....but who knows.
Thinking of upgrading the whole system to the Insane Audio or heigh10...still doing research.

Brian417

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cherokee Limited
To be honest, sometimes i feel it starts when i hit a small bad paved section of the road that creates a small vibration...sometimes not.
Many times i noticed the GUI on google maps when using car play lag/stutter as well like its a whole system thing.I have used many cables both original and aftermarket.

Here's what i think most affects this is i feel the bitrate of the music being played/streamed has something to do with it.....but who knows.
Thinking of upgrading the whole system to the Insane Audio or heigh10...still doing research.
Ya I noticed that it doesnā€™t really do it with rap or hip hop but more so with music with instruments like rock and punk.

thinarrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport
I'm having this issue also. Center USB console, the CarPlay disconnects intermittently, dash USB console - no disconnect but after about 20 minutes or so, the music from my iPhone will start getting static here and there, like a bad recording or a loose connection.

Certainly very frustrating. My prior Jeep Compass never had this issue. Has anyone found a solution It doesn't matter which cable lightning/USB I use, so that isn't it.

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
I'm having this issue also. Center USB console, the CarPlay disconnects intermittently, dash USB console - no disconnect but after about 20 minutes or so, the music from my iPhone will start getting static here and there, like a bad recording or a loose connection.

Certainly very frustrating. My prior Jeep Compass never had this issue. Has anyone found a solution It doesn't matter which cable lightning/USB I use, so that isn't it.
Nothing yet.....so random its frustrating.
Its either some loose wire that activates on bumps or most likely some electrical gremlin from the software.
I did realize something though , trying to isolate the issue by changing the music balance to which side or speaker output to try and see if its something with the actual wiring but i am getting mixed results.

Try that.put it on only the 2 front and use it for the next week or so and see if you got anything, then move it back for a week or so...

Brian417

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cherokee Limited
Nothing yet.....so random its frustrating.
Its either some loose wire that activates on bumps or most likely some electrical gremlin from the software.
I did realize something though , trying to isolate the issue by changing the music balance to which side or speaker output to try and see if its something with the actual wiring but i am getting mixed results.

Try that.put it on only the 2 front and use it for the next week or so and see if you got anything, then move it back for a week or so...
Ok so I took my Jeep to get a UConnect update two days ago and got it back yesterday. Apparently itā€™s a brand new update that doesnā€™t show up on the UConnect website when you enter your vin number to see if thereā€™s any new updates for your vehicle though. UConnect customer service told me to go get this update and so far I havenā€™t noticed any skipping yet. I will report back later in the week to confirm if it still holds or not.

Sponsored

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Ok so I took my Jeep to get a UConnect update two days ago and got it back yesterday. Apparently itā€™s a brand new update that doesnā€™t show up on the UConnect website when you enter your vin number to see if thereā€™s any new updates for your vehicle though. UConnect customer service told me to go get this update and so far I havenā€™t noticed any skipping yet. I will report back later in the week to confirm if it still holds or not.
Well, I sold my Jeep, and i cant do anything about this anymore, but i am curious to see if there would be any change reported on your side.last time I checked the VIN didn't show any updates pending for me so yeah, that is strange.

Cwd651

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Occupation
Technical Service
I just picked up ā€˜21 Willys and have had the static/skipping. Did the dealer resolve this with the update? Do you have the version number for that update?

Brian417

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cherokee Limited
Well, I sold my Jeep, and i cant do anything about this anymore, but i am curious to see if there would be any change reported on your side.last time I checked the VIN didn't show any updates pending for me so yeah, that is strange.
Ya, it started doing it again. No change

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Ya, it started doing it again. No change
Honestly this is ridiculous.
What does it take for them to acknowledge this issue and actaully admit to it and not try to "REPLICATE" it?

I Sold my Jeep, got me a 21 4runner Offroad premium and couldn't be happier with the space, comfort and reliabilty. Also, no static!

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I have the same issue. I have a 2021 Chevy Traverse for work that also has CarPlay and I never have any issue with static in that. I use the regular Apple cable, so itā€™s not a cable issue. My guess is it is the media center where the phone connects, or it is something with Uconnect. I havenā€™t taken it to the dealer because I know they will say they could not verify and it will be a waste of time. It is very frustrating because I only listen to music through Apple Music.
Sponsored