Sponsored

Starting to worry about unbuilt 21s

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
Is any body else who is still patiently waiting for their my21 to get built starting to worry? I mean its almost November and supposedly my22 are going in to production December 6. That means there is like 6 weeks left to finish any outstanding my21 orders....I guess what Im getting at is if they couldn't get my jeep built these last 4 months, they are magically going to build it in a month?? I call bullshit....
Sponsored

areuriding

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
Yep, I'm in the same boat... I keep thinking my order will end up being a 2022 (Not sure how that would work) in any case I'm not concerned. I was told since I was assigned a VIN it will eventually get built as a 2021. Just be patient...

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
Yep, I'm in the same boat... I keep thinking my order will end up being a 2022 (Not sure how that would work) in any case I'm not concerned. I was told since I was assigned a VIN it will eventually get built as a 2021. Just be patient...
Or it wonā€™t. Not to be a downer, but Ford cancelled a bunch of 2021 Bronco VINs already. Some of the folks who were cancelled received their VINs in spring.

Manufacturers canā€™t use an expired VIN. If they miss the build window, they will cancel it and get in touch with you to reorder based on ā€˜22 features and options.

RidgebackWrangler

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Prius LE, 2021 Toyota Prius Prime
From what I have read they stopped taking orders on the 21's and wont build the 22's until the 21's are done. I am not sure how many Jeeps they are making a day right now with availability of parts but I remember reading that years ago it was around 150 a day. I think the thing to worry about its probably out of jeeps hands and that is availability of parts.

My other main concern is that we don't get jeeps that are just slapped together and have lots of issues when done. I realize there isn't a change in model or anything like that and I don't know the inner workings at the plant. I just imagine there is some hard date they are trying to complete the 21's by and don't want them to rush shit and take shortcuts.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I once ordered a Honda, when it came in it was the completely redesigned new style. That was a good thing, as it was the year they really made them look better.

They didn't charge me more and I have to think Jeep would do the same. It wouldn't be your fault they sold you a vehicle they couldn't produce.

Still, for me, it felt like this because no one said anything until I went to pick it up.

Attachments

Sponsored

Bamabww

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys, Snazzberry.
Occupation
Retired and loving it.
I was told since I was assigned a VIN it will eventually get built as a 2021.
Yes, I asked is there any chance my 2021 order would be changed to a 2022 and was told by two different people it would be built as a 2021.

I asked both of them "what if the 2021's aren't finished by the December start date of the 2022?"

They both said the start date was only a projection, not a definite date to start production.

But I don't know if these two guys from Jeep Chat really know either.

rubiria

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
My other main concern is that we don't get jeeps that are just slapped together and have lots of issues when done. I realize there isn't a change in model or anything like that and I don't know the inner workings at the plant. I just imagine there is some hard date they are trying to complete the 21's by and don't want them to rush shit and take shortcuts.
I too worry about that when the time comes to start the 2022 Builds, especially with all the Material Shortages. I cross my fingers that the Plant doesnā€™t half-ass everything and that we all get stuck in the Recall Bin in the endā€¦

FinanciallyRuined

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Is any body else who is still patiently waiting for their my21 to get built starting to worry? I mean its almost November and supposedly my22 are going in to production December 6. That means there is like 6 weeks left to finish any outstanding my21 orders....I guess what Im getting at is if they couldn't get my jeep built these last 4 months, they are magically going to build it in a month?? I call bullshit....
Once the build starts, from start to finish, the build only takes a couple of days.

Deleted member 59498

The JKs were built into Spring of 2018 I think. Not sure if that was finishing up orders and obligation for the JK or not or some other other logistics reason. Can't imagine they can't start production with some 2021 left to be assembled. Nothing really changed that I noticed. Well prices.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
Yes, I asked is there any chance my 2021 order would be changed to a 2022 and was told by two different people it would be built as a 2021.

I asked both of them "what if the 2021's aren't finished by the December start date of the 2022?"

They both said the start date was only a projection, not a definite date to start production.

But I don't know if these two guys from Jeep Chat really know either.
How can anyone know? They donā€™t want you to cancel the order since it is a ā€œmaybeā€, and if they canā€™t produce a 2021 they want to break it to you gently so that you reorder.

There is still hope they will come through; and I am sure they want to. Global supply chains are justā€¦. Crushed.

Sponsored

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Glad my order is going in tomorrow then! MY22 and was told Dec6 the 22s start production, yet some people are getting them already; no idea. Just going to be patient and get my VON# and stalk once a week or so and see how it progresses! Super stoked for my first Jeep and diesel!:clap:šŸ˜

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
I just asked my Jeep Chatpwrson this question. She claimed they were finishing up the 2021 and then would start 2022. The businessman in me says they donā€™t want to tell a new 392 buyer they messed up as itā€™s their biggest margin. If they do I can honestly say I might buy something else after this wait.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The JKs were built into Spring of 2018 I think. Not sure if that was finishing up orders and obligation for the JK or not or some other other logistics reason. Can't imagine they can't start production with some 2021 left to be assembled. Nothing really changed that I noticed. Well prices.
yes 2018 JK was built until 4/28/18, but it was also on a different line (now JT) than the ā€˜18 JL

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Glad my order is going in tomorrow then! MY22 and was told Dec6 the 22s start production, yet some people are getting them already; no idea. Just going to be patient and get my VON# and stalk once a week or so and see how it progresses! Super stoked for my first Jeep and diesel!:clap:šŸ˜
Nobody has gotten a 2022 JL
Sponsored