Starting over again. Progress thread of my '22 JL

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Just a few pictures of the new Jeep. Something for comparison since I rarely leave my vehicles alone. I don't have any major plans for it, but it will be getting the usual security tint treatment, and at some point a Bestop Sunrider. Beyond that, only time will tell.
Till then, here it is. The first photo is on the dealer lot with 11 miles on it. Not sure why 11 miles, they finished building it last month and it showed up at the dealership the day before we picked it up. The last Ram I got fresh off the train/truck only had 4 miles from the assembly/shipping process. Not that an extra 7 miles matters, just seemed weird.
Anyway, the last two are yesterday (3 days old) on an oil well access just to get a few photos off pavement. Definitely not "off-roading" but it was a good way to take some photos away from buildings and asphalt.

Jeep Wrangler JL Starting over again.  Progress thread of my '22 JL new 3.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Starting over again.  Progress thread of my '22 JL 20220816_165216_HDR(1)

Jeep Wrangler JL Starting over again.  Progress thread of my '22 JL 22 08-22 (9)

Jeep Wrangler JL Starting over again.  Progress thread of my '22 JL 22 08-22 (3)
Sponsored

sethlabadie

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
Sweet base, it'll be interesting to track your progress.

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Till then, here it is. The first photo is on the dealer lot with 11 miles on it. Not sure why 11 miles, they finished building it last month and it showed up at the dealership the day before we picked it up. The last Ram I got fresh off the train/truck only had 4 miles from the assembly/shipping process. Not that an extra 7 miles matters, just seemed weird.
That's one thing that makes me sad about ordering is that I won't be able to start the odometer from 0.

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
That thread idea is actually really good. I never though to check the hours on it, but I could add my miles for the log if someone starts tracking them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I had the tow package on my Sahara but didn't bother with it on this one. The Sahara replaced my truck so I needed to tow a trailer anytime I had to carry a load. I have a Ram (in addition to the Jeep) this time around, so the Rubi won't be doing the work.
Although a bit of an oversight, I forgot about the aux switches. I don't know if those were part of the tow package or not but I know you can add them without it. I'd kinda like to have those again, so I guess I'll have to look up the thread on installing them. See, how easily the mods begin. 😁

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Great photo!!!!

Interesting that the mileages match. Same trim and body with the same miles. Maybe coincidental, or maybe it was all from assembly and shipping.

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
First three mods are in the books.

First was a set of Topsy hooks. I made a frame from wood rather than using the Racor rack. I still need to wrap the frame with carpet to protect the top, but this was a test run with a large towel on the top in the mean time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Starting over again.  Progress thread of my '22 JL topsy

Then came the Spiderweb Shade. Funny enough, I still have the blue one that was on my Sahara, but my wife didn't like the way it looked with the red accents. She opted for purple and I think it was a great choice. I really like the purple on it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Starting over again.  Progress thread of my '22 JL Spiderweb shade (1)

And then the last one was a Sunrider for hardtop. Yet another mod I had on my Sahara (all 3 on this list are). Probably one of the favorite mods I had on my last Jeep, so it was a must for this one.

Jeep Wrangler JL Starting over again.  Progress thread of my '22 JL Sunrider (4)
Jeep Wrangler JL Starting over again.  Progress thread of my '22 JL Sunrider (2)

Biohazardshrimp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
My 18 JL had around 20 miles on it when I took delivery of it. I work with a large auto manufacturer here in SC and know this about the build process. Once a vehicle rolls off the assembly line they are usually driven on a small test track to check for unusual noises or vibrations. If all is well, they are parked in a shipping lot until it is their turn to be loaded up for transport. When noises or vibrations are noticed, they instead go to a rework shop on site where the issue is addressed. That is usually where the miles come from at delivery.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
That makes sense. I figured some miles were due to the wheels rolling down the assembly line, then a few more to get onto and off of the train and delivery truck.
I never considered miles for quality control, but that seems like a logical part of the process.

FWIW, I'm not concerned about the 11 miles. Sure it's more than anticipated but not so much that it seems excessive. Seemed weird but not worrisome. I appreciate the insight though, because now it doesn't even seem weird.

Biohazardshrimp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
That makes sense. I figured some miles were due to the wheels rolling down the assembly line, then a few more to get onto and off of the train and delivery truck.
I never considered miles for quality control, but that seems like a logical part of the process.

FWIW, I'm not concerned about the 11 miles. Sure it's more than anticipated but not so much that it seems excessive. Seemed weird but not worrisome. I appreciate the insight though, because now it doesn't even seem weird.

Yes sir. It is just part of the process.

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Latest mod is window tint. I use security film to reduce the risk of someone breaking a window. 50% on the fronts to keep it legal in Ohio, and then 20% on the rear to black it out.

Not the best photos, they're just a few shots from the side of the road. But here's the result.
Jeep Wrangler JL Starting over again.  Progress thread of my '22 JL tint (1)

Jeep Wrangler JL Starting over again.  Progress thread of my '22 JL tint (4)

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Random sunset shot to show the grille inserts.

Jeep Wrangler JL Starting over again.  Progress thread of my '22 JL 20220923_183444_633531317525200001

OP
OP
Shots

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
My wife named her last Jeep "Jeepers" so to play along I named mine "Creepers." Following that theme with the new Jeep, it's been dubbed "Reepers." Yes, I know that should be spelled with an "a" but we had a theme going so we stuck with it.
Since that name carries a theme of its own, I made her a decal to go along with it.

A little graveyard scene along with the Jeep's name. There's a reaper standing by the rear tire just above the name. There's a few bats, mummies/zombies and tombstones.
Matte black on the black seemed like a good way to add a little flair without being over the top obvious. Similar to the mountain design I put on Creepers (gray/silver on a billet Jeep).
Jeep Wrangler JL Starting over again.  Progress thread of my '22 JL 20221025_112204
Sponsored