Sponsored

Starter keeps firing after 3.0 starts (videos and updates)

OP
OP
ratherbskiing

ratherbskiing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUWD
Just received the first contact from my case manager. 10 days after initial case number was created. She's going to call the service manager who's been handling this. Fingers crossed. After 4 starter replacements my hope is that my service manager wants my jeep Lemon'ed just as much as I do.

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Working on the buy back but they literally won't call me back. I have a case number but no case manager. One of the lady who did answer the phone said she could see in the internal notes that I've already been denied even though nobody told me that yet. I think she spilled the beans. @JeepCares Can I have a supervisor please reach out to me?
You probably already did this but. Look up the Lemon Law for your State and follow it. You are required by the warranty of your Jeep to write to their customer relations Dept. Listed in the back part of your warranty. Do this with a certified return receipt letter. Jeep will have a certain amount of time to correct the problem. You may also have to partake in an arbitration as well. Some times it can be handled by a mediator as well. Be prepared for a long dragged out duration. I just went thru this with a different manufacturer and it took over 4 months from start to finish. Usually a buy back will be the total amount you paid including taxes and any OEM accessories you added minus your usage of the vehicle, so be prepared to get less than you paid based on time and mileage.
things might go faster with an attorney but you’ll have to pay for that up front to your attorney but you may get those fees back depending on your States Lemon law and if you prevail. Keep copies of everything….
Good luck.

wcjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ with stuff. JL 2dr Sport
I am watching Matt's Offroad right now of your vehicle recovery. Decided to Google Diesel starter problem. This thread popped up.

Every state has different Lemon Laws. Previous advice on sending snail mail per your warranty book listed address is correct. I lemon Law'd a Cherokee few years ago. Every State is different. Your problems definitely qualify at my location. If your Regional Rep denies the Lemon Law Claim consider getting a lawyer. I had everything well documented. I logged every person I talked to in person and on the phone. Timelines of every repair. This included total time in the shop. Total downtime and breakdown of downtime per repair. Paperwork and notes to the paperwork are your friend. The Company Rep didn't create the problem. Be cordial.

Sponsored

wcjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ with stuff. JL 2dr Sport
The last living moment of my Jeep.
On my screen I briefly see the video image. Then fades. I can play it. However no image on screen. Maybe it just me?

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
I just have two words:

Day-Umm!

😳 :( :mad:

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
Just received the first contact from my case manager. 10 days after initial case number was created. She's going to call the service manager who's been handling this. Fingers crossed. After 4 starter replacements my hope is that my service manager wants my jeep Lemon'ed just as much as I do.
Talk shit about FCA as much as you want but it took weeks to hear back from Honda of America after reaching out for a transmission issue that I dealt with for a year through a dealerships service department.

Reactions: VNT

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
Could you have pulled the starter relay after the engine fires up? (I'm not meaning to apply the luxury of hindsight to a trailside issue from the comfort of my living room, just wondering what would be best to do if this ever happens to me in a similar area.)

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Saw this recovery, it could have easily cost 5-6k two tow rigs, hours of driving, and gallons of fuel. Anyways glad the Jeep made it back but man I’d be in a hard place with the dealer and FCA over this. Best of luck getting this lemoned and getting it done in a timely manner

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
What a mess man. You're just one of thousands of customers. Jeeps are so popular, you are nothing to them.

You clearly got a lemon and could've pursued lemon law, I know it takes months and effort though.... it is a royal pita I get it why you just sold it. The treatment you got is how much large corporations are treating their customers nowadays. They have too much power and us as customers don't have much. Sure there are laws protecting us such as the lemon law. But actually pursuing these is a royal pita and unpractical. Cars are a necessity, these car companies can get away with almost anything. Pretty pathetic.

Could you fight them? yeah you can. But that'll be a hell of a fight. I get it. I would've gotten rid of it after the second starter, or at least try a different dealer.

You don't own the Jeep anymore since you sold it, you are no longer a customer so expect nothing from them. Good luck with your next vehicle.

Reactions: GtX

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

Fat Finger Alert! 4 figure, 4 figure, 4 figure, I'll update the post
Why would you want to try and figure this one out. Get yourself a lemon law attorney and be done with it. Your dealership is horrible they should be offering to put you in a new Jeep by now.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
With the resale value on Jeeps and the current market, you could likely get every penny back if you simply sold it. That would rid you of the issues and you wouldn't spend a penny on lawyers.

OP
OP
ratherbskiing

ratherbskiing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUWD
With the resale value on Jeeps and the current market, you could likely get every penny back if you simply sold it. That would rid you of the issues and you wouldn't spend a penny on lawyers.
Yup... I did sell it.
Sponsored