Sponsored

Start Stop Warning. Please tell me im just paranoid.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Yup. Mine were only 18 months old at the time. This was during the start of COVID; they barely had about 6,000 miles.

If it’s any consolation, some JL owners have battery issues as soon as they first drive the Jeep off the lot! Others experience complete vehicle shutdown right in the middle of nowhere.
Yeah. I've seen all of that in the Forums. Unreal. I guess a part of me was hoping it wouldn't happen to me. 🤣
Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
My batteries just turned four years old no issues. Get that module disable that auto start stop and everything works like normal for a long time.

40Caliber

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Rubicon
2 weeks ago, I had the ESS warning light come on on the dash, This is different than what you are seeing (the little A circle with a !)
. I was in Moab and 2200 miles from home. I pulled into lions hub parking lot. shut it down and started it up. I have not seen it again since.

My jeep is 11 months old and 17K miles...

It may be that simple. (I hope for you).

Keep us posted. i am curious as are we all

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
2 weeks ago, I had the ESS warning light come on on the dash, This is different than what you are seeing (the little A circle with a !)
. I was in Moab and 2200 miles from home. I pulled into lions hub parking lot. shut it down and started it up. I have not seen it again since.

My jeep is 11 months old and 17K miles...

It may be that simple. (I hope for you).

Keep us posted. i am curious as are we all
I'll let you know what comes out of it. 👍

Sponsored

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
I wasn't there. So I'm only going by what she told me what it was like. My main concern is the fact that this happens right after the appointment? There's no way it's a coincidence.
That’s literally the definition of coincidence.

Reactions: J0E

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Yep. All great advice. That's exactly what I planned on checking as soon as she gets home with the Jeep. The Fuses and Battery.

If it is the battery I'll look into those O'Reilly Super Start Batteries. Thanks. 👍
I'd first see if there is an error code associated with the warning light.

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
top mechanic mopar i met, told me to turn the stop start off every time u get in, and to take a long drive to get it back up to normal levels and all should be good,
did as he mentioned and has been good so far. now i turn it off every time i get in the jeep,

20k miles so far 2019

Sponsored

YJdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ 4.0, 2021 JL Willys Sport
Just charge up the batteries. They probably left the key on or the radio on and ran the battery down. when the batteries down the auto start stop is not available.
THIS was my very first thought. A short drive from her work then turned off. Techs start it then leave it on (not running) for the duration so they may easily read mileage, reset the oil life, etc. Started and moved from work area, shut off. Then started again when she left. That's a lot of engine cranking with very little recharge time, on top of most likely a weak crappy secondary battery.

Vito92

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL 2Door Willys
Mine did this a month ago I restarted it and nothing sense

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
I'm only thinking out loud. Not saying that even happened. Trying to cover all options of what could have happened. And yeah dealership have done stuff like that. Especially when the dealership is low on car sales and need a steady income flow. Either that or they shut down. Some dealerships have shut down because of the pandemic and the supply chain issues. It's not far fetched.
It is indeed far fetched. Trust me, dealer service depts are not slow and do not need more business. They are completely overwhelmed with appts. This isnt 1975. Things are completely different now after the pandemic.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
So between deceitful dealerships and Chrysler quality, I'm thinking I should probably keep 4 or 5 spare batteries in back... kinda like the way the cool kids carry around spare gas cans.
Sponsored