Sponsored

Start/Stop Service Message.....Only with doors on?

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Interesting incident that happened recently and was wondering if anyone else has seen this. Last week, I received the Start/Stop Service message in my display (which I was not too worried about since I usually shut it off anyway), but at the same time, my radio stopped shutting off after I turn the Jeep off and lock the doors (it stays on for almost 30 seconds before it turns off and cannot be turned off by the radio controls), and the driver's side door lock switch stopped working (passenger side works just fine. Took it to the dealer, they are ordering a part(?) that is on back order and will be mid-September.

Fast forward to a few days ago, we had great weather here in PA and took the top and doors of the Jeep, and to my surprise, Start/Stop message went away, radio started functioning as it always had, and the doors were off, so I couldn't check that. Awesome. Put the top and doors back on today, all the symptoms are back. I assume that it has something to do with the door wiring harness, but was wondering if anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
I believe someone posted a similar incident, and if my old mind serves me correctly, the driver's side door harness will need to be replaced.
Don't quote me, but fish around on the site, you may find the thread.

OP
OP

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Thanks @ToPar9 . You are correct, I was told by the dealership that it is the wiring harness and that the system thinks the door is ajar.

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Thanks @ToPar9 . You are correct, I was told by the dealership that it is the wiring harness and that the system thinks the door is ajar.
Good deal ... I will sell you mine for 36k and I'll throw in a Jeep.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like you F'ed up a pin in the harness.
Sponsored