Start / Stop not ready cycle

Pape

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
So got a weird one with the start / stop.
I noticed a couples of weeks ago that my startup was not consistent, it engaged at a red light for maybe 1 sec and restart the engine right away and went in not ready. Then drive couples more minute and started working properly. I blamed this on the jeep being too cold, short trip cold weather.

Fast forward today, did a 1h30 drive on the high way and got in the city at that point everything was all good and warm. First red light no stop. Stop the heater, next light, no stop, selected the start / stop display and I only have start / stop not ready, nothing more. Then I notice the display was changing between not ready and ready during the driving at random, as soon as I stop it go in not ready and stay there. At my last stop it did engage to just restart right away, I was still on the break.

It never provided more information when in not ready. All temperature where good. Main battery voltage was reported at 14.1 no cel in the dash.
Jeep is E-torque before you blame secondary battery ;)

I will look at troubleshooting this more tomorrow, in the meantime any one got this particular issue in the past: stop / start not ready message just randomly popping in and out while driving ?

P.S: yes I will check the fuse.
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red

SBLACK502

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
in the meantime any one got this particular issue in the past: stop / start not ready message just randomly popping in and out while driving ?

P.S: yes I will check the fuse.
The only time I've seen it popping in and out while driving was due to engine misfires that didn't always meet the threshold to trigger the check engine light. Battery problems typically don't pop in and out.

Do a search for Jscan and live monitoring, that's what I used to troubleshoot when I had the same problem.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pape

Pape

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Did reproduce the issue today.
First 10 minutes I got the usual cabin and such for not ready
Then I got the simple not ready
25 minutes in the drive I started having the not ready and ready. Did a video
At around 30 minutes in the drive, City driving. I got the normal consistency working each time I stopped
I stopped for gas than it started doing it again.

Checked the fuse, not much on that front.
Checked the fluid: all good on that front.
Still no code or anything else stored in the computer.
Checked the main battery voltage while the jeep is off and it is siting at 12.77V.
Monitored the miss fire, got a total of 7 while 6 of them happened in the first 30 seconds of drive while the engine being cold. The last one was around 40 minutes +

@Jebiruph I do not think it is related to miss fire, got:
Cyl 2 X 1
Cyl 3 X 5
Cyl 6 X 1

During 45 minutes + drive, 6 of them appear when the engine was cold and Cyl 6 is probably related to my first start / stop occurring. What is considered normal and not when it come to miss fire, do you know ?

Last edited:

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Did reproduce the issue today.
First 10 minutes I got the usual cabin and such for not ready
Then I got the simple not ready
25 minutes in the drive I started having the not ready and ready. Did a video
At around 30 minutes in the drive, City driving. I got the normal consistency working each time I stopped
I stopped for gas than it started doing it again.

Checked the fuse, not much on that front.
Checked the fluid: all good on that front.
Still no code or anything else stored in the computer.
Checked the main battery voltage while the jeep is off and it is siting at 12.77V.
Monitored the miss fire, got a total of 7 while 6 of them happened in the first 30 seconds of drive while the engine being cold. The last one was around 40 minutes +

@Jebiruph I do not think it is related to miss fire, got:
Cyl 2 X 1
Cyl 3 X 5
Cyl 6 X 1

During 45 minutes + drive, 6 of them appear when the engine was cold and Cyl 6 is probably related to my first start / stop occurring. What is considered normal and not when it come to miss fire, do you know ?
That's normal for misfires, I was getting dozens in seconds when I had my issue.
Sponsored