Sponsored

Start of the 2019 Jeep JL Wrangler production?

mlangs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal
Ordered 9/13. According to the dealer my was built about 2 weeks ago but has at a "vendor" to get the hard top liner installed ever since.

From dealer "It is at the vendors that install the headliner. It is there in Toledo and it could add a little time as they take it to
them and then back to Jeep to ship it out on the rail line."

I wrote "I didn’t realize that Jeep used outside vendors for factory orders. That’s a bit concerning."

Response "The vendor as I understand make the hard top and the new head liner is a little different than the early ones.
I agree about the in house but much of the parts are shipped in from contracted metal suppliers and the electronics I guess
are too."

So it sounds to me that mine would have been shipped had I not ordered the hardtop headliner.....??
I’m in the same boat waiting in JB. Assume it’s the headliner... Jeep chat said to check back next week to see if it progresses.

OP
OP
parrotheadphan

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Anybody else with a 9/12 order date and 9/29 D1 status still sitting in D1 with me? If so, did they give you a new date?
I was right there with you until I got bumped back to D this week....

Pretty frustrating as I ordered early to get the jeep early. Dealers near me already have 2019 dealer stock.

What did you order?

Sponsored

DCELL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL Sahara, Ford F150
Pretty cool video on 2019 Jeep Wranglers being produced. I think the Granite one that drives off at the end could be mine!
THAT was one of the coolest YouTubes I've seen in a while...thanks.

rigormortis

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty cool video on 2019 Jeep Wranglers being produced. I think the Granite one that drives off at the end could be mine!
Love this video... I could watch this all day long : ^ ) How cool would it be if you could follow your specific order 24x7 via video : ^ )

Redroom

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler sport
Ordered 9/12/2018 and still in D1
Where did u order from? I ordered from merrick Jeep. Called to today and the dealer said it’s shipping but doesn’t get any other information until it hits jersey!

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
I was right there with you until I got bumped back to D this week....

Pretty frustrating as I ordered early to get the jeep early. Dealers near me already have 2019 dealer stock.

What did you order?
Granite Sahara with Sky One Touch.

I hit E status today. Whatever the holdup was it seems to have cleared. That or my case and daily chats made them make it? There are two other Granite power top D1 members here, will have to see if they were built.

JonnyBoy

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimted Sahara Power Top On Order
Granite Sahara with Sky One Touch.

I hit E status today. Whatever the holdup was it seems to have cleared. That or my case and daily chats made them make it? There are two other Granite power top D1 members here, will have to see if they were built.
I have the same one on order as you, yet I just got off Jeep Chat and I’m still in D1 status. So frustrating. But congrats to you, that’s awesome you’ve moved beyond the dreaded D1 status.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ordered 9/13. According to the dealer my was built about 2 weeks ago but has at a "vendor" to get the hard top liner installed ever since.

From dealer "It is at the vendors that install the headliner. It is there in Toledo and it could add a little time as they take it to
them and then back to Jeep to ship it out on the rail line."

I wrote "I didn’t realize that Jeep used outside vendors for factory orders. That’s a bit concerning."

Response "The vendor as I understand make the hard top and the new head liner is a little different than the early ones.
I agree about the in house but much of the parts are shipped in from contracted metal suppliers and the electronics I guess
are too."

So it sounds to me that mine would have been shipped had I not ordered the hardtop headliner.....??
Mine shipped with the headliner

California Guy

First Name
California
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employed
I was just informed that my Jeep has left Ohio and is sitting in a rail car in Chicago. It’s heading to Utah and should arrive at the ramp by 11/23. Then it’ll be loaded on a semi truck and driven to the dealership. It should be arriving in Idaho in about 10 days.

Jeep was ordered 9/20
Fully loaded White Rubicon with black hard top.

RubiZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I was just informed that my Jeep has left Ohio and is sitting in a rail car in Chicago. It’s heading to Utah and should arrive at the ramp by 11/23. Then it’ll be loaded on a semi truck and driven to the dealership. It should be arriving in Idaho in about 10 days.

Jeep was ordered 9/20
Fully loaded White Rubicon with black hard top.
It's getting closer and closer. :clap:

Redroom

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler sport
Newbie here. Ordered 9/28 from jeep merrick in wantagh. I went to jeep chat said it’s in shipping. Called the dealer ( very nice guy) he said that once it’s in “shipping “ they can’t track it until it gets to New Jersey! I can track a pair of socks on amazon daily but not a 38k jeep?!? Wtf?!!