Sponsored

Start of the 2019 Jeep JL Wrangler production?

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Update: built three 2019 Pilots (Test Jeeps) so far today.

Rumor: waiting on a supplier to ship us "New" parts for the 19 MY. Not sure if that's the hold up or not.

Rumor: 3.0 Diesel will be in production Nov. 18th.
Rumor. Going to 3 shifts in March
Rumor. Suzie husband filed for divorce

Still haven't heard anything about the 3.6 BSG.

No production this Sunday and work has been cancelled on election day. Yes election day is a holiday and we have always worked.

I'll post more when I know more.
I’d love to get your take on my silly equation: If you guys build 1000 wranglers per day I could use that number as a denominator for my serial number to figure out how many days from the start date (TBD) to shipping. Example: last 5 digits of VIN is 16000. 16000 divided by 1000 equals 16. In this scenerio I could expect my Jeep to hit Quality Control 16 days after day #1 of ‘19 build start date. Then I can tack another 4 weeks for delivery. Is this close? I am not drunk.

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
I’d love to get your take on my silly equation: If you guys build 1000 wranglers per day I could use that number as a denominator for my serial number to figure out how many days from the start date (TBD) to shipping. Example: last 5 digits of VIN is 16000. 16000 divided by 1000 equals 16. In this scenerio I could expect my Jeep to hit Quality Control 16 days after day #1 of ‘19 build start date. Then I can tack another 4 weeks for delivery. Is this close? I am not drunk.
That assumes that they actually roll off the line in VIN order which may not be true since you get a VIN when you hit D (scheduled) status. It’s not actually sequenced for production until it hits D1, and sometimes your status can go backward if there are delays with certain items (mine bounced in and out of D1 status)

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That assumes that they actually roll off the line in VIN order which may not be true since you get a VIN when you hit D (scheduled) status. It’s not actually sequenced for production until it hits D1, and sometimes your status can go backward if there are delays with certain items (mine bounced in and out of D1 status)
Excellent point.

Sponsored

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
An encouraging sign... the last of the 2018s being tracked at Jeep Garage rolled off the line this afternoon. I figured they wouldn’t start 19 if there was still a backlog of 18s waiting to get built.

dugout68

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (ordered), 2018 Dodge Durango GT, 2015 Wrangler JKU
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Do they actually start the VINs at 00001 even??

grapejuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Isn't it true that sold orders have priority? If so, I don't think you can assume Vin 16000 will be the 16 days down the line. I'm guessing most of those vin's are dealer unsold orders which should be built after ours. Of course I could be completely wrong too.

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase

Rumor: waiting on a supplier to ship us "New" parts for the 19 MY. Not sure if that's the hold up or not.

No production this Sunday and work has been cancelled on election day. Yes election day is a holiday and we have always worked.

It may not be a rumor about the supplier, I work for a auto manufacturer as well and we have been having part/supplier issues for a couple months now.

baysta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A

That's not encouraging news, about the 3.6 BSG :( Crazy that the diesel is coming along faster than any BSG news...

Sponsored

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
Umm sure. I don't know if the vins are in order. I'll look tomorrow and see.

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
Suzie's going to be in D status pretty soon.
News spreads fast. Every Tom,Dick and Goofy has been talking to her. Damn skilled trades that hide all day have come out of hiding to talk to her. And she is loving all this attention. Going to bring my A game tomorrow. Might even offer her my pudding cup on lunch.:)

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
It may not be a rumor about the supplier, I work for a auto manufacturer as well and we have been having part/supplier issues for a couple months now.
We were running out of axles all day today. Stop and go.

RubiZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
News spreads fast. Every Tom,Dick and Goofy has been talking to her. Damn skilled trades that hide all day have come out of hiding to talk to her. And she is loving all this attention. Going to bring my A game tomorrow. Might even offer her my pudding cup on lunch.:)
Just be the first to offer her the "D", chick love guys who are confident!