Sponsored

Start of the 2019 Jeep JL Wrangler production?

baysta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
That's news to me. I know about a month ago we ran three 3.6 BSG test engines. Maybe testing didn't go as well as planned and they decided to hold off for now. I will try to find out more tomorrow. We are the last to know anything. I learn more about the Jeep on these forums than I do at work. All I know is what I see coming down the line. We did build a few right hand drive diesels last week. And I have seen a lot more manual engines these last 2 weeks.
Yes, please let us know ASAP!
Sponsored

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
I'm interested in in the rumors! Do you mind sharing the rumors? These little tidbits really are helping some of us cope with the waiting...lol
The latest rumor is all Sundays are cancelled for the rest of the year. Then I heard 3 different reasons why.
1. We have 100 days of inventory. Lol we all know that's not true.
2. To give the mechanics more time to get repairs done on the 18's so we can start the 19's.
3. Instead of shutting down for 2 weeks in spring to get the line ready for the hybrid, contractors will be there on Sundays to do the work that is needed.
I would guess it's number 3 even though I don't see how we can afford not to run on Sundays right now. Will know tomorrow, we always gets asked on Tuesdays for volunteers to work Sunday.
Best rumor of the day was, Suzi on Chassis line 1, her husband left her and that's why she has been coming to work with makeup on and super tight leggings. Guess who is going to start taking his lunch break in chassis break area, this guy. I'll keep you posted

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
The latest rumor is all Sundays are cancelled for the rest of the year. Then I heard 3 different reasons why.
2. To give the mechanics more time to get repairs done on the 18's so we can start the 19's.
3. Instead of shutting down for 2 weeks in spring to get the line ready for the hybrid, contractors will be there on Sundays to do the work that is needed.
I would guess it's number 3 even though I don't see how we can afford not to run on Sundays right now. Will know tomorrow, we always gets asked on Tuesdays for volunteers to work Sunday.
Best rumor of the day was, Suzi on Chassis line 1, her husband left her and that's why she has been coming to work with makeup on and super tight leggings. Guess who is going to start taking his lunch break in chassis break area, this guy. I'll keep you posted
Now this is what people want to hear!! Sounds like Suzi is going through some rough times you sir are a true gentleman to try to comfort this poor soul during her time of need!

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
Now this is what people want to hear!! Sounds like Suzi is going through some rough times you sir are a true gentleman to try to comfort this poor soul during her time of need!
It's the least I can do.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I will get an answer tomorrow . Thanks for the heads up. Never ordered a Jeep before.
Dealer let me know today the VON/VIN and estimated ship date. I expect this to change as happens with large production. Patiently waiting.

Sponsored

RubiZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Atta boy! Just don't leave any dirty panties in our JL's. :)

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
We did not start the 2019 model year today. I heard a few rumors today about when we might start. I'll post as soon as I know a date.
So are you guys still producing 2018s then? or is the line shut down. Just curious on this...
Thanks!

Sponsored

RT8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
Got a call from the dealer today saying that my 2019 JLUR has moved out of D1 status. He told my that my Jeep is being assembled and would be delivered in mid November. Sounds like that may be a little premature according to JLEngineline. Getting closer though. Can' wait!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
All the dealerships around me have between 50-120+ JLs on the lot. Usually this time of year there are slim pickings for the current model year Wrangler left on lots. They may have over-produced the 2018 JL. Based on this it would make sense that they wait a couple months for 2019s to start production.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
All the dealerships around me have between 50-120+ JLs on the lot. Usually this time of year there are slim pickings for the current model year Wrangler left on lots. They may have over-produced the 2018 JL. Based on this it would make sense that they wait a couple months for 2019s to start production.
I don't follow your logic. It's not like Jeep is debating whether to shut down production or not. The assembly line is running right now producing Wranglers - the only question is whether they are making 2018's or 2019's. So why would delaying the 2019 production start affect this at all?
Sponsored