Sponsored

Start of the 2019 Jeep JL Wrangler production?

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Production has not started on the 19's yet. So anyone that has been told that, I do apologize.
... why is it that the guy working the engine line and posting on a forum is so much more reliable and open than Jeep itself? :facepalm: The days when being closed off and secretive were acceptable died with the internet. :headbang:

Thanks, @JlEngineline, we really appreciate all you. We'd literally be lost without you.

Yammyhaha

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito MOAB/Audi A6/BMW Z3/Saab 9-5/Saab 9-3 Conv
Production has not started on the 19's yet. So anyone that has been told that, I do apologize.
No apology necessary. You're the one giving the straight scoop. This is not a complete surprise and we are just hoping that it is a very short delay.

mlangs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal
Thanks @jjengineline, we truly appreciate everything you share!

Separately, I chatted with JeepChat today and it sounds like there should be some 2019 movement sometime this week, they said to check back in the next 2-4 days for an update.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
... why is it that the guy working the engine line and posting on a forum is so much more reliable and open than Jeep itself? :facepalm: The days when being closed off and secretive were acceptable died with the internet. :headbang:

Thanks, @JlEngineline, we really appreciate all you. We'd literally be lost without you.
Who better to give the most up-to-date information than someone working the line?

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
I also heard the JT launch has been pushed back until March. A lot of us are going to go over to that side of the plant when production begins.

baysta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I also heard the JT launch has been pushed back until March. A lot of us are going to go over to that side of the plant when production begins.
Is it true that the V6 BSG is postponed indefinitely as well? The dealers I've spoken to told me that their regional reps are telling them that there are no future plans for a V6 BSG, and that if it does happen it'll be released after the diesel comes out.

I was under the impression that it was supposed to be available to order Oct/Nov timeframe, according to previous reports...

Do you have any insight on this, @JlEngineline ?

koallinbear

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Ordered, 2016 Renegade Trailhawk
Is it true that the V6 BSG is postponed indefinitely as well? The dealers I've spoken to told me that their regional reps are telling them that there are no future plans for a V6 BSG, and that if it does happen it'll be released after the diesel comes out.

I was under the impression that it was supposed to be available to order Oct/Nov timeframe, according to previous reports...

Sorry I don't have a source, but somewhere on the forum there was a post saying there was no plans to change the V6 anymore from its current form since emission standards are getting more and more strict and jeep is focusing on more fuel efficient options (Hybrids)

Sponsored

baysta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Sorry I don't have a source, but somewhere on the forum there was a post saying there was no plans to change the V6 anymore from its current form since emission standards are getting more and more strict and jeep is focusing on more fuel efficient options (Hybrids)
Was this post from a reputable source? Hoping that @JlEngineline will have some more insight on this.

koallinbear

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Ordered, 2016 Renegade Trailhawk
No idea about if it was accurate or not. I think someone's dealer who contacted an FCA rep was told this.

OP
OP
parrotheadphan

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
We did not start the 2019 model year today. I heard a few rumors today about when we might start. I'll post as soon as I know a date.
Thanks for the post. We all appreciate the info. Please do let us know when you hear a date for the start for the 2019. Thanks again for you providing us with info and straightening things out when there is so much conflicting info out there.

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
We did not start the 2019 model year today. I heard a few rumors today about when we might start. I'll post as soon as I know a date.
I'm interested in in the rumors! Do you mind sharing the rumors? These little tidbits really are helping some of us cope with the waiting...lol

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them

That's news to me. I know about a month ago we ran three 3.6 BSG test engines. Maybe testing didn't go as well as planned and they decided to hold off for now. I will try to find out more tomorrow. We are the last to know anything. I learn more about the Jeep on these forums than I do at work. All I know is what I see coming down the line. We did build a few right hand drive diesels last week. And I have seen a lot more manual engines these last 2 weeks.
Sponsored