First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.... 1994 base YJ .......... 2006 Dakota ..... ..... 2020 Sahara 3.0D
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
Unless they are lying (probably). They can't order non-sold orders ... So those three would be people that backed out...? Or the dealer is pulling a fast one on the ordering banks.
The vin#s are very close together for those to be separate orders that were cancelled.... possible, yes, probable, no.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Unless they are lying (probably). They can't order non-sold orders ... So those three would be people that backed out...? Or the dealer is pulling a fast one on the ordering banks.
Definitely not legitimate orders that backed out...the VINs are so close they had to be ordered simultaneously. My guess is either straw purchases by friends, spouses etc of the dealer who never intended to take delivery, but rather let the dealer sell them for a solid markup...or FCA dropped the sold order restriction for dealers in December and owed some favors so they pushed them out ahead of multiple months of unbuilt sold orders.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another interesting wrinkle in the way FCA’s shipping tracking works...dealers get UPS/FedEx-style accurate tracking with train stations showing movement down to the minute. Trucks clearly not so much because they tend to show up without warning to dealers. For those of us who live in the hinterlands of the 49th and 50th states, boats are just like trucks...no indication when your rig goes on or comes off. Interpolation of sailing schedules suggests my rig is floating on a boat in the North Pacific right now, but who knows!

Jeremi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKUR 5.7VVT
Placed an order today, in Canada. Was told it opened last Tuesday but work schedule didn’t permit ordering till today. Gonna be sad to let the Hemi JKUR go but she’s been good to me 330000kms.

Sponsored

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
For shits and giggles I called my dealer today. Salesman pulls up the Database and hmm mine hasn’t been built yet. “Oh wait I see your scheduled to be shipped the 29th” um that is tomorrow and mine hasn’t been built “ oh yeah your right I’ll have to talk to the manager and have him call you back” did they call back? HELL NO!

YZ212

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Grand Cherokee Ordering JL Rubi
My dealer emailed me today and said mine is in transport, in Dalton, MO at the moment. No ETA. It's heading to Gilbert, AZ.

baxmando 71

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 JKUR 98 Cherokee 1968 mustang convertible
Did anyone have to put down a deposit when ya'll ordered?

VABarn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2020 JLURD
I had to put down a grand. A lot, but I was okay with it, since I just looked at it like an early payment. Just came off the total when I finally paid for it.

YZ212

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Grand Cherokee Ordering JL Rubi
I put 1K down also and will add more when it arrives. A few days now.

Sponsored

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
No down payment here, wasn't even mentioned.

3.0Diesel

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty CRD, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock
No down payment here. Which is probably a good thing, feeling like I’m never got to see this thing! Still in D status after only 3 1/2 months.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1k at order...added 10k shortly thereafter to let the credit card cycle before delivery. Gave me $1100 in free money from the Jeep DrivePlus MasterCard...paid that to the dealer a few weeks ago too. Now my rig just needs to get off the boat to settle the deal.
Sponsored