OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
So I just got an email from my dealer and he said that I'm the second person with a diesel that's had this egr issue so far. He also said that they holding all diesel engines from shipping (he said that he had 5 go into JS status which is storage)
Very interesting. I guess we’ll soon know how prevalent it becomes on the ones that have shipped. Nice to know @SheddMan has a pile of miles on his without issue so far so at least it’s possible.

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
Very interesting. I guess we’ll soon know how prevalent it becomes on the ones that have shipped. Nice to know @SheddMan has a pile of miles on his without issue so far so at least it’s possible.
I think he's from a warm climate Georgia I think?? When I had it I think it was around 40-50 degrees in VA. It's only happening (as far as I know) with a cold start on a cold day.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much fun is someone going to have in a 2.5 ton truck, short of hitting trails? When I bought my giulia QV there was ~100 miles on it. I suspected some fun joyrides as one might expect in a 500HP sports car, no big deal. Maybe I'm spoiled but I don't see see the attraction in joyriding one of the slowest vehicles on the dealer lot.
I live in an area where pickups and jeeps are the yardsticks of fun far more than sports cars. I could live with someone running it once without reading the supplement manual’s operation instructions, but it’s going to cost me a ton more time/money to prep the vehicle for xpel and cerakote if it hits our roads even at ideal engine conditions.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think he's from a warm climate Georgia I think?? When I had it I think it was around 40-50 degrees in VA. It's only happening (as far as I know) with a cold start on a cold day.
Perfect...mine will be seeing sub-zero cold starts in short order! LOL

Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
So I just got an email from my dealer and he said that I'm the second person with a diesel that's had this egr issue so far. He also said that they holding all diesel engines from shipping (he said that he had 5 go into JS status which is storage)
Well that isn't good news! :(

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perfect...mine will be seeing sub-zero cold starts in short order! LOL
Yikes! I have a friend in Fairbanks who's been telling me about negative 30 degree temperatures. NO THANKS TO THAT. I wonder if the engine block heater would help with the EGR issue though.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yikes! I have a friend in Fairbanks who's been telling me about negative 30 degree temperatures. NO THANKS TO THAT. I wonder if the engine block heater would help with the EGR issue though.
Nope...that system gets good and cold regardless. If it turns into a cold weather disaster, it’ll be seeing the scrap heap the second someone has an ECU tune to support its absence.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Nope...that system gets good and cold regardless. If it turns into a cold weather disaster, it’ll be seeing the scrap heap the second someone has an ECU tune to support its absence.
Hell, yours might get a CEL just coming off the boat! I hope not. Looks like my joke of hoping I get my Jeep before summer may turn in to a new prayer! :(

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Land Rover Defender X
Hopefully yours is just an anomaly and will be rectified quickly. Interesting that nothing like this presented itself during the diesel wrangler press reveal with multiple wranglers in the cool weather of Utah in November or with any of the TFL reviews/videos which I believe are out of Boulder CO.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully yours is just an anomaly and will be rectified quickly. Interesting that nothing like this presented itself during the diesel wrangler press reveal with multiple wranglers in the cool weather of Utah in November or with any of the TFL reviews/videos which I believe are out of Boulder CO.
Or the extra long R&D cycle courtesy of the EPA. One has to wonder if this all stems from the post-DPF EGR inlet and back pressure valve which is new to the gen3 emissions controls. The prior system kept warm and pressurized by nature of drawing exhaust gasses prior to the DPF.

Last edited:

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Figured I'd change my avatar so I could actually see my Jeep

Just got a message that they're going to run a bunch of tests to see if the egr system has a partial obstruction. We'll see I guess

G-Dog15

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon on order.
The spreadsheet is really getting populated. It would make a great base for a 3.0D owners registry. When I had a 2015 Z28, there was a registry and even the totaled Zs were tracked. Great job tracking the JLURD.
I completely agree. But since we don't really own it until we actually sign papers not sure there is much we can do. I totally get where you are coming from with the snow. Pretty sure I won't have that issue in Texas.
30 miles is not to uncommon on new vehicles.
I’ve owned 16 brand new vehicles in my life and all were between 31 and 38 miles on them when I drove them off the lot. 32 miles was always my number. If I got in it and the Odometer was on 32 I’d end up taking it home.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
30 miles is not to uncommon on new vehicles.
I’ve owned 16 brand new vehicles in my life and all were between 31 and 38 miles on them when I drove them off the lot. 32 miles was always my number. If I got in it and the Odometer was on 32 I’d end up taking it home.
That’s doesn’t seem right. Every time I special order a vehicle I make it clear that no one is to drive it except me. So I’ve had them with only 1 Mike on them because of transport and what have you, but never more than that.
Sponsored