Sponsored

Start of 3.0 Production

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
Today's Jeep Chat lie/lack of info (or is it?).....

JC: "They have not yet started production."

Me: "I know two people who have taken delivery."

JC: "Oh - well they did a test run of some vehicles, but the full release hasn't started yet."

Me: "So do we know when full production should start?"

JC: "No - that's all the info I have."
Sponsored

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
Spoke with "Amber" in Jeep Chat today. She said they haven't started Diesel production yet. (LMAO) Also said they won't begin production until the end of the month. I began to chastise her a little bit saying that people are taking delivery of their JLUD and others are getting reports of being in delivery or final inspection stages. She offered to look into it and get back to me, to which a said there wasn't a need. I said i just wanted a clearer timeline and that her explanation of my timeline conflicted with the facts i had before me.

She basically deflected and offered to "look into it". whatever that means. I told her she needs to educate herself on the true timelines of these jeeps so that she can give people better information. I provided her two seperate VINs of builds that are complete and delivered and explained that these have build sheets and window stickers and she could verify the information on her end. When i did this, she pretty much stopped answering questions and said she would look into it and get back to me.

Mr. ToolAide ... i'm now on your boat with you. I understand that new vehicle releases take time, and there is a queue, and i likely will be waiting longer than i wanted to. i get that. But the lack of information provided to me and now being given information that is clearly wrong. Thats some solid bull-scrap!! I don't want to be mad about it but is it too hard to give me accurate info?!?

Crux

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.0D JLUR ordered
Jeep chat told me they’re not given timelines

Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Spoke with "Amber" in Jeep Chat today. She said they haven't started Diesel production yet. (LMAO) Also said they won't begin production until the end of the month. I began to chastise her a little bit saying that people are taking delivery of their JLUD and others are getting reports of being in delivery or final inspection stages. She offered to look into it and get back to me, to which a said there wasn't a need. I said i just wanted a clearer timeline and that her explanation of my timeline conflicted with the facts i had before me.

She basically deflected and offered to "look into it". whatever that means. I told her she needs to educate herself on the true timelines of these jeeps so that she can give people better information. I provided her two seperate VINs of builds that are complete and delivered and explained that these have build sheets and window stickers and she could verify the information on her end. When i did this, she pretty much stopped answering questions and said she would look into it and get back to me.

Mr. ToolAide ... i'm now on your boat with you. I understand that new vehicle releases take time, and there is a queue, and i likely will be waiting longer than i wanted to. i get that. But the lack of information provided to me and now being given information that is clearly wrong. Thats some solid bull-scrap!! I don't want to be mad about it but is it too hard to give me accurate info?!?
The story continues ti grow for me! I called again today after the promised time to call me back came and went. Talked to Customer Svc and she saw the multiple "escalations" and stated it was way to long for me to still be in "D" status. She put me on hold to go talk to a "Brand Mentor." When she returned she said she was unable to find one and was sending an email.

Tomorrow I call Corporate headquarters. I told them I am not demanding it get built or to rush. I simply want to know why my order appears to be lost and others that ordered a month after me are getting their rigs or at least are somewhere in the build cycle. My dealership won't return my calls and I left a message for the GM on Saturday.

My next move is to put a complaint into the better business bureau. It may not help, but it costs the dealership about $900 per complaint to resolve. Also a negative Google feedback doesn't help the dealership either.

I know there are FCA employees that are members and watching this blog. There is no intentions that you are doing anything wrong. Expressing our frustrations on this is normal and not directed at you as individuals. I don't think it is unreasonable to want to understand if you might have been one of the 1st ten people to order a diesel and now watching others get theirs that ordered over a month after you, to be concerned why I see no progress. Put yourself in our position and how would you feel? I know I will eventually get it, just want to know what is happening when most of the others are seeing progress.

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Jeep Chat is an absolute joke. I almost wish it did not exist. I hit them up this morning, and they said it is still shipping, but had no more information. I then called the dealer and was told it will arrive at the destination hub this Thursday. From there, the realistic timeframe to get to the dealer by truck is Monday morning. One week to go. Crossing my fingers. What kind of finance rates are you guys finding?

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XXXXXX 2020 JL Rubicon 3.6
Don’t count on it...their status codes and build dates are generally useless until you see a window sticker and build sheet. Even then people have been known to wait the better part of 2 months for delivery with various shipping delays.
Thank you Michael of Jeep Chat! Thanks for blowing me off.

TRANSCRIPT

Michael (1/6/2020, 2:51:35 PM): Hi, my name is Michael with Jeep Customer Care, How may I help you?

Michael (1/6/2020, 2:57:13 PM): Congratulations on your new vehicle!

I am showing that at this time your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.

Me (1/6/2020, 2:57:51 PM): Okay. Confirm status code and build date

Michael (1/6/2020, 2:58:06 PM): I'm not sure how I can provide a build date when it hasn't been built, the current status is D.

Me (1/6/2020, 2:59:22 PM): Last week I was told I am status D1 (so was the dealer). My build week was 1/13. What is going on?

Michael (1/6/2020, 2:59:46 PM): I wouldn't be to advise in that regard, I am only able to see the current status for the VIN provided which is showing D.

Me (1/6/2020, 3:00:27 PM): I’m ready to cancel the order. I’m tired of being lied to by FCA

Michael (1/6/2020, 3:01:37 PM): I am sorry to hear of your frustration Ronald, I will ensure your feedback is documented.

Michael (1/6/2020, 3:02:17 PM): thank you for contacting Jeep Customer Care! I hope you enjoy your new vehicle! Have a good day! Please contact us back if you need further assistance!

Sponsored

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi

TRANSCRIPT

Michael (1/6/2020, 2:51:35 PM): Hi, my name is Michael with Jeep Customer Care, How may I help you?

I am showing that at this time your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.

Michael (1/6/2020, 2:58:06 PM): I'm not sure how I can provide a build date when it hasn't been built, the current status is D.

Me (1/6/2020, 2:59:22 PM): Last week I was told I am status D1 (so was the dealer). My build week was 1/13. What is going on?

Michael (1/6/2020, 2:59:46 PM): I wouldn't be to advise in that regard, I am only able to see the current status for the VIN provided which is showing D.

Me (1/6/2020, 3:00:27 PM): I’m ready to cancel the order. I’m tired of being lied to by FCA

Michael (1/6/2020, 3:01:37 PM): I am sorry to hear of your frustration Ronald, I will ensure your feedback is documented.

Michael (1/6/2020, 3:02:17 PM): thank you for contacting Jeep Customer Care! I hope you enjoy your new vehicle! Have a good day! Please contact us back if you need further assistance!
I get they have all my parts but have not started the build yet. They told me it could be up to 3?weeks before they build.

mccallj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 CTS-V Wagon, Pending '20 JLURD
Figured I would chime in on my order, a pending White Rubicon. Placed Oct 15th, Vin#195270. 12 weeks tomorrow and still waiting in D status. I haven't bothered with trying Jeep chat as it appears to only cause frustration without any results or progress. I hope its worth the wait as we've wanted a diesel Wrangler for years...

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
Jeep Chat is an absolute joke. I almost wish it did not exist. I hit them up this morning, and they said it is still shipping, but had no more information. I then called the dealer and was told it will arrive at the destination hub this Thursday. From there, the realistic timeframe to get to the dealer by truck is Monday morning. One week to go. Crossing my fingers. What kind of finance rates are you guys finding?
I wish it didn’t exist. They really don’t know anything.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager

TRANSCRIPT

I ordered on Oct 9th, VIN 195012. Was in D status for about a week then D1, shortly after that I was back in C status for 2 days. Then D status for 13 days then back to C status for 2 days, and now in D status for 40 days and counting. They keep telling me it is too long to be in D status but no one can be found at FCA that can answer why? I have had at least 4 escalation with all of them resulting in NOTHING!

So good luck!
Sponsored