Start of 3.0 Production

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
Does anyone know how many Jeeps can be produced in a week? I assume the diesel line is not up to full speed yet.
Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
379 doesn't seem like much unless they don't have enough diesel specific components. Jeep sold 4000 a week in 4Q19.

This is less than 1 day off production.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Let me save you time

“We have not started production yet, anything else you hear or say is false”

“it’s scheduled to start, but not actually start or have a date”

“we are in a production release stage”

“we have no f#?king clue”

just pick a answer , it can be a combo too lol

In the mean while I’ll just ride my Harley Road Glide lol .
I want to buy a racing side by side but my Mercedes E class doesn’t tow well lol
So it’s not just waiting for the Jeep , I would need it to do other stuff.
So thanks FCA , because F@!K customers , we are sorry we want our product we paid for :/
Do you work for Jeep Chat? Because those answers are spot on. You must be a supervisor at the call center.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Does anyone know how many Jeeps can be produced in a week? I assume the diesel line is not up to full speed yet.
I think one of the YouTube vids of the JL line says 650 per day and it takes 24 hours to complete a Jeep. It may have been the TFL vid. I’ll see if I can find it.

WarShark

First Name
Liu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys Ecodiesel
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...ade-fiat-chrysler-automobiles-factory-2018-12

According to what FCA is telling it’s investors is Toledo plant produces around 50 jeeps per hour. So technically speaking that’s 1,200 jeeps per day, and the plant doesn’t close so that’s 8,400 jeeps weekly

we are not receiving our jeeps or severely delay is probably due to management failure and incompetent leadership

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...ade-fiat-chrysler-automobiles-factory-2018-12

According to what FCA is telling it’s investors is Toledo plant produces around 50 jeeps per hour. So technically speaking that’s 1,200 jeeps per day, and the plant doesn’t close so that’s 8,400 jeeps weekly

we are not receiving our jeeps or severely delay is probably due to management failure and incompetent leadership
There was a supposed assembly line worker that stated the plant is running 2 shifts x 10 hours, Monday to Saturday, and 1 shift on Sunday. Assuming the Sunday is a standard 8 hour shift this is 6400 per week. Either way, at this rate or based on the vehicles sold in 4Q19 they could make the 379 diesels today, if they have all the parts. I suspect the supply chain of diesel components is limiting production rates and not the assembly line.

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine on 10/14 VIN 5132. I haven’t been pestering my sales agent much but did send him an email asking about it on Thursday. He and his GM inquired with FCA. Below is a copy & paste of that exchange:

My dealership:
I know I asked you before, but we need to give my customer some sort of explanation. It looks like they are building Wrangler Diesels, so not sure why this one isn't.

FCA reply:
The 26R is currently over ordered. We have 379 Sold Orders in D Status and they date as far back as October 8th. This order was placed on Oct. 14th, so pushing Auburn Hills to make sure the next time they pull gateline that they pull this one in.

I appreciate the dealership’s openness with sharing FCA’s reply with me. I do wonder what determines the build order. Mine will be a JLUR Punk’n with the dark saddle. Are the two delivered ones both the same charcoal color?
I believe the response from FCA is what a lot of us are looking for. We know that we'll get our Jeep but would like some answers that make sense.

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
I suspect the supply chain of diesel components is limiting production rates and not the assembly line.
That’s my guess as well. It would be nice to be given an explanation.

WarShark

First Name
Liu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you work for Jeep Chat? Because those answers are spot on. You must be a supervisor at the call center.
yeah I didn’t feel like coming in , I just tell everyone to say whatever they want and don’t let customers get in their way of happiness lol

Sponsored

WarShark

First Name
Liu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That’s my guess as well. It would be nice to be given an explanation.
Or Jeep is now own by Fiat and they hate Americans ? You know like how Europe had a diesel wrangler for a while and they got the 3.0 diesel way before us ? Lol

WarShark

First Name
Liu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the response from FCA is what a lot of us are looking for. We know that we'll get our Jeep but would like some answers that make sense.
I agree we don’t need it today but it be nice to know the truth so we better plan our timeline.

Crux

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.0D JLUR ordered
I don’t know what’s more aggravating...ordering early and still being stuck in D, or ordering early, KZ a week ago, and still sitting in Toledo while Jeep waits for train space at their ideal cost.
I’m happy to permanently switch places with you so you can find out!

Buttercup 3.0

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR 2012 JK
I called and the same exact thing happen.
I said the same thing you did and they said the same thing to me.
Iam also in Texas, and i also ordered in October. maybe they are just doing Texas last
I’m in north Fort Worth ordered 10/17 they say mine is in final inspection