Start of 3.0 Production

shufly09

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel JL (ordered)
Hi! Does anyone know if this engine will be available in Europe? Thanks.
The export version gets the 2.2L diesel. I’m nearly certain the 3.0L diesel is exclusively for North America
Sponsored

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
As of 20:20 EST 12/19, my rig is in I-status. What are the chances they finish inspection and give it rail access before EOB Friday when they shut down Toledo North?
I'm in I status as well! If it gets shipped by the end of today I wonder if I'll have it before Christmas. It's going from Ohio to DC so not too far.

SheddMan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just checked my build and I am at JS (shipped to storage). I would assume this is storage waiting for shipping?? We should start to see window stickers any minute now, i hope.

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
I see everyone has lots of questions about the 3.0 diesel. Wish I could answer them without losing my job. If you have followed me in the past, you know I have already been warned about posting stuff on here. I'm really excited about what will be launched in 2020.

Sponsored

VABarn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2020 JLURD
Factory isn't getting shutdown today?? Well, that is great news for eagerly waiting new diesel owners! Hope the factory workers are getting compensated well for their extra work

Codfish

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still in D status!
Told me to call back next week for another update.
They also told me they will only shut down production on Christmas day .

Last edited:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
What I can say is, we're working everyday to get these Jeeps built. Normally we would have a shutdown over the holidays, not this year.
That's shitty.

I hope the compensation is commensurate with the lost time with family and friends.

Wait, there really isn't is there?

Sponsored

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
What I can say is, we're working everyday to get these Jeeps built. Normally we would have a shutdown over the holidays, not this year.
Sorry to hear that. As much as I’m wanting my Jeep, I would rather y’all have some family time. I can wait another few days. Hope you have merry Christmas.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Holy rusted metal Batman! Now that’s news! Wouldn’t have guessed in a million years the upper management folks would nuke the holiday shutdown. I’d like to chalk it up to business being good (which it is), but I think we all know the last government shutdown and subsequent EPA cert delays caused the backup of 3.0 builds/shipping.

Eeshasdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Rubicon
JlEngineline, without getting you into any hot water, can you talk about the Jeep build order, assuming there is one?

There are folks here who ordered on 10/7 who are still in D or D1 status and folks who ordered in November who are already in the build process or even completed.

I agree with others, as much as I want my Jeep, would rather you folks got more family time. Thanks for all you and your co-workers are doing. Have a Happy Holiday!

Herritw

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Sahara
Ordered mine 11/12/19
VIN # 219839
Sahara with cold weather and tow packages
Tan interior
I went on chat today, my jeep was in "F" Paint
After stage F what is normally next? Am I looking at another 3 weeks or does anyone know.

Sorry to hear about the workers not getting time with their families. I can wait an extra week or 2 for them to celebrate with family and friends.
Sponsored