Sponsored

Start of 3.0 Production

Repairable1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 3.0 Diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon 3.6, 2016 JKU Rubicon HardRock LS 6.2, 2019 F150 FX4 SuperCrew Powerstroke 4x4
The following image originated from the Jeep chat last Friday, which leads me to believe the dealership is providing truthful information. Therefore I wouldn’t presume the dealership is providing false information intentionally. I’m sure there are other variables integrated in the supply chain that dictates sequencing.

79A01EF0-EFB0-44F2-91B9-81F9FB368450.png
Yeah, well I was told mine was waiting to be shipped and then for clarification I asked chat if it had been "actually built". Response was...OOPS, I double checked and its in D1"

Go figure...
Sponsored

PitCrawler

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR ECODIESEL
Got a text from the dealer this morning telling me it will be built on January 5th and delivered around January 12th. I'll believe it when I'm driving it.
Ordered 10/9 vin # 194971

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I am back in D status from being in D1. At this point, I’m going to stop checking.

ldstruckn

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ7, 82 CJ7, 88 YJ, 2000 TJ, 2008 JKUR, 2012 JK sport
Occupation
VA Doc
i have been waiting for years now on this diesel rubicon...i am about fed up and the raptor with end of year pricing is looking really good; plus I can actually have it in the next few weeks.

Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
I am back in D status from being in D1. At this point, I’m going to stop checking.
Congrats! Glad I am not the only one. It appears only EchoTango and PitCrawler are the only one's getting a Diesel Jeep built while the rest of us wait!

At this point, seeing is believing! No jeep and it doesn't exist.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Got a text from the dealer this morning telling me it will be built on January 5th and delivered around January 12th. I'll believe it when I'm driving it.
Ordered 10/9 vin # 194971
I understand when they start your build that FCA sends you an email...also when they ship it they send you another email. Can you share with us the email you get when they started your build?

Thanks!

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Land Rover Defender X
I understand when they start your build that FCA sends you an email...also when they ship it they send you another email. Can you share with us the email you get when they started your build?

Thanks!
Emails from FCA? I’ve ordered 2 JLU’s, a 2018 & 2019. Both were built and delivered within 30 days. I never received any emails from FCA when production started or when each JLU was shipped!

So...I wouldn’t count on this happening.

This JLU diesel order is frustrating for all of us for sure. We have been mislead by FCA concerning our order status since we placed our orders over two months ago!

TO FCA: BUILD AND DELIVER MY DAMN JEEP OR TELL ME WHY YOU CAN’T!!

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Emails from FCA? I’ve ordered 2 JLU’s, a 2018 & 2019. Both were built and delivered within 30 days. I never received any emails from FCA when production started or when each JLU was shipped!

So...I wouldn’t count on this happening.

This JLU diesel order is frustrating for all of us for sure. We have been mislead by FCA concerning our order status since we placed our orders over two months ago!

TO FCA: BUILD AND DELIVER MY DAMN JEEP OR TELL ME WHY YOU CAN’T!!
I sure don't expect to get an email. I expect the dealer will call me and tell me my jeep is in...I am only hoping it is before the 4th of July.

Good news of the day, I work for the government and it looks like there is a budget deal so at least, at this point, the government isn't going to shut down.

On FCA sharing any useful information...I won't hold my breath on that...Don't expect that to ever happen!

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
I shared this post with my salesman today.

He tells me they have several diesels on the train and heading to them. He tells me he can track the locations (they are currently in OR) encounters to his dealership (Everest, WA). If correct, they must have received their EPA release.

I want this to be true, however it certainly conflicts with everyone is reporting.

BTW: I’m D status, ordered 12/4/19
My salesman emailed me last week and said mine was shipping this week. I don’t know I really hadn’t keep up with the status. I figured when I ordered it it would get here when it got here. I was actually thinking middle of January

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Good news of the day, I work for the government and it looks like there is a budget deal so at least, at this point, the government isn't going to shut down.
Yea I’ll believe the budget deal when all appropriations bills have been signed and 12/21 rolls around with agencies still operating. Let’s not forget the biggest reason there’s a 3+ month backlog of EPA fuel economy certs is because of the shutdown earlier this year.

ldstruckn

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ7, 82 CJ7, 88 YJ, 2000 TJ, 2008 JKUR, 2012 JK sport
Occupation
VA Doc
perk to working for the veterans admin....we are funded one year out so no shut down nonsense.

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
This thread brings back memories of the 2 Door JL Starting in December of 2017 going to June of 2018. Almost the exact same comments. 2 Days shy of 6 months for mine.

Hang in there!