First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Just checked with dealer this morning, ordered 10-16, Vin 5325, Status-F Paint
jealous!!

Your vin and order date are later than ours. I wonder if paint color choice can hold things up. Do they batch build by color?

Called Jeep help and they still can’t find our vehicle by VIN or VON.

If we use on line chat they find it no problem

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
My wife said ours isn’t being built to punish me for bugging the call and chat people too much. :CWL:

srjl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlur 3.0
jealous!!

Your vin and order date are later than ours. I wonder if paint color choice can hold things up. Do they batch build by color?

Called Jeep help and they still can’t find our vehicle by VIN or VON.

If we use on line chat they find it no problem
Jeep help could not find my VIN, hopefully it will be built and shipped before the holidays.

Sponsored

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Since I was looking for this, I’ll just paste it below...

Status codes and other information

Scheduling: (only D1 is reported by MOTS)
C – Tentative schedule
D – Firm schedule, serial number is assigned
D1 – Gateline: plant has sequenced the vehicle for production, estimated ship date usually (but not always) assigned

Build stages: (may or may not be reported by MOTS)
E – framing
F – paint
G – trim

Built/shipping:
I – vehicle is built; quality control and final inspection pending
J – vehicle has passed final inspection, but has not been released to carrier
JB – shipped to body vendor (typically for decals or stripes)
JS – shipped to storage (to await shipping; also for extended quality control, vehicle flash updates etc.)
KZ – released by plant and invoiced
KZLD - in transit, delayed (typically not reported by MOTS)

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
So I called my dealer today since jeep chat down (I’m guessing since it was Sunday). Dealer said ship date says 12/16, but still shows D1 status. I never got a ship date from jeep chat before and 12/16 is only a week away... who knows

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
So I called my dealer today since jeep chat down (I’m guessing since it was Sunday). Dealer said ship date says 12/16, but still shows D1 status. I never got a ship date from jeep chat before and 12/16 is only a week away... who knows
It’s going to be very interesting to see how they manage the first set of completed 3.0s without window stickers unless the official fuel economy figures come in under the wire this week.

Repairable1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 3.0 Diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon 3.6, 2016 JKU Rubicon HardRock LS 6.2, 2019 F150 FX4 SuperCrew Powerstroke 4x4
Chatted today. Response was: "Great news, showing that your vehicle is now in the shipping stage without a Dealer ETA"

I asked: "For clarification...It has been built?"

Response: "I just double checked it is actually in D status (scheduling)"

I think that chat is saying anything to get us all off the line...:(

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Land Rover Defender X
I Received an email this morning from my dealer via dealer connect which confirms D1 status with an estimated ship date of 12/20/19. So it does look like thing are finally moving in the right direction and maybe some of us will actually take delivery by the end of this month/year.

Sponsored

Pootytanger

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
I contacted Jeep customer service via email. They responded today that I’m D1 (have been for 1 week) and production is scheduled to begin the week of 12/9 (this week)! Ordered 10/8 and last 6 VIN is 194908.

Repairable1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 3.0 Diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon 3.6, 2016 JKU Rubicon HardRock LS 6.2, 2019 F150 FX4 SuperCrew Powerstroke 4x4
I contacted Jeep customer service via email. They responded today that I’m D1 (have been for 1 week) and production is scheduled to begin the week of 12/9 (this week)! Ordered 10/8 and last 6 VIN is 194908.
I hope you are correct...my VIN is 194955 (Ordered 10/9)

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I just checked with Jeep chat. Still D1. She would not / could not give me a delivery date.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Alright folks, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I found this fascinating...

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/09/2020-lincoln-aviator-grand-touring-phev-fuel-economy/
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/09/2020-ford-escape-hybrid-fuel-economy-2/

As the EPA seems to like releasing fuel economy numbers on Mondays, I had my hopes up for today. Instead we got the escape hybrid and aviator gt phev numbers. Yea boring I know, but click the embedded links to Autoblog’s first drives of each and check out the dates. It took the EPA 3 and a half months to certify the aviator gt phev and nearly 3 months to certify the escape hybrid from the time their manufacturers had let the press drive them. You can bet Ford/Lincoln and FCA had these vehicles and the 3.0 JLU applications into the EPA well before the press drives, which makes this atrocity even more of a joke. Even autoblog comments on how common and ridiculous this is becoming across the industry. If these two releases today are any indication of how long our 3.0s might be sitting in a warehouse awaiting window stickers, we could be looking at 2 more months.

shufly09

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel JL (ordered)
Alright folks, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I found this fascinating...

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/09/2020-lincoln-aviator-grand-touring-phev-fuel-economy/
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/09/2020-ford-escape-hybrid-fuel-economy-2/

As the EPA seems to like releasing fuel economy numbers on Mondays, I had my hopes up for today. Instead we got the escape hybrid and aviator gt phev numbers. Yea boring I know, but click the embedded links to Autoblog’s first drives of each and check out the dates. It took the EPA 3 and a half months to certify the aviator gt phev and nearly 3 months to certify the escape hybrid from the time their manufacturers had let the press drive them. You can bet Ford/Lincoln and FCA had these vehicles and the 3.0 JLU applications into the EPA well before the press drives, which makes this atrocity even more of a joke. Even autoblog comments on how common and ridiculous this is becoming across the industry. If these two releases today are any indication of how long our 3.0s might be sitting in a warehouse awaiting window stickers, we could be looking at 2 more months.
I don't think it's reasonable to assume that because two vehicles had 3-3.5 month EPA certification timelines from when they were initially tested by the press, the same will hold true for the diesel JL. For one, the testing could be different for hybrid and electric vehicles. Second, perhaps FCA intentionally delayed their press testing in order to align with *expected* EPA certification, or for some other unrelated reason. Three, given the inventory holding costs, why would FCA allow the diesel to enter production (of some of us have been told), with some being told some tentative delivery dates, in order to just fill up some empty lots with them?

I've spotted diesel JLs driving around Ann Arbor a few months back, so perhaps the testing/certification itself is complete, but pending some other sort of unexpected bureaucratic or legal hurdle? Time will tell, but hopefully some folks will actually have them delivered over the next few weeks.
Sponsored