Start of 3.0 Production

Pootytanger

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
I don’t see the ram 1500 EcoDiesel in there either and it’s epa numbers were released early October. So I wonder if it’s some other weird issue.
Sponsored

shufly09

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel JL (ordered)
https://www.epa.gov/compliance-and-fuel-economy-data/data-cars-used-testing-fuel-economy

The 2020 spreadsheet appears to have been published 9/6/19. As of that date, EPA did not have the 3.0 on file as a 2020MY vehicle to be tested. We can reasonably assume FCA had submitted the 3.0 as a late addition by early October when orders opened. However, mix a list that long with the reported 15% selection rate for testing in Ann Arbor and standard government incompetence/inefficiency, you’ve got a recipe for endless testing delays. Given how woefully inaccurate their 11/25 estimate was, don’t be surprised if 3.0 fuel economy estimates don’t emerge from that festering heap in Michigan before 2020.
FCA is in Auburn Hills, not Ann Arbor. FYI

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I don’t see the ram 1500 EcoDiesel in there either and it’s epa numbers were released early October. So I wonder if it’s some other weird issue.
Looks like that spreadsheet lists only 2020 vehicles that had either completed testing or they had accepted manufacturer test data for by 9/6/19. That would explain why it’s not a comprehensive list of 2020 vehicles (ie all ford trucks are missing) and why neither the 1500 or JLU 3.0 are on there. I’m sure we all recall the day the 1500 EPA fuel economy figures were released...10/7...the same day FCA opened order banks for both the JLU and 1500 3.0. No magical coincidence there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Learned something new today. Did not realize the EPA did their testing here.
If you’re nearby, I say we get a kickstarter going and grease some palms over there. The obvious reaction to the EPA’s inability/refusal to keep on schedule is pitchforks and thinly veiled threats of congressional inquiries, but we all know that’d just slow things down more. The only motivation with any pull in 4th branch agencies is $$$$.

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
If you’re nearby, I say we get a kickstarter going and grease some palms over there. The obvious reaction to the EPA’s inability/refusal to keep on schedule is pitchforks and thinly veiled threats of congressional inquiries, but we all know that’d just slow things down more. The only motivation with any pull in 4th branch agencies is $$$$.
Shame the late great Uncle Ted isn’t chair of the Appropriations Committee any longer.

Eeshasdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Rubicon
I sent them an email the other day asking about how they test and when they test new vehicles. Will be interesting to see if I get a response. If you notice there does not seem to be a normal update schedule. Appears they update the spreadsheet whenever they feel like it.

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Today’s line of BS from jeep chat .....

“I’m showing you in D status waiting for ETA to dealership”

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
Spoke with Jeep chat this morning and I am still in D as well. However, I was told the following, which is not great news...

"The last we have been informed we are waiting on the EPA numbers, I am showing CURR BLD PLAN 01-20-20 this could change"

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spoke with Jeep chat this morning and I am still in D as well. However, I was told the following, which is not great news...

"The last we have been informed we are waiting on the EPA numbers, I am showing CURR BLD PLAN 01-20-20 this could change"
Nice to see upper management finally informing their CS drones of an issue we all knew about a month ago.

Mtngreen4wd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR, ‘96 XJ
Hell, at this rate by the time I get my diesel it will be a model year old...wonder if Jeep will let me participate in any model year clearance events?

nwjeeper

First Name
nwjeeper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
incoming jl 2020 diesel
i'm pretty sure all chat people will just tell you its D ## status, that's all they can see and know and they just tell you the definition, 'queued for build', we are all pretty much waiting until the EPA green lights the engine. with luck they're just stocking up on all the other parts so the assembly is all thats left when they can start production

VABarn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2020 JLURD
I reached out to my salesman yesterday asking if he had an update. I also indicated that the current thought was the production was in a wait-state due to the EPA. Here was his response:

"I actually have about 5 diesel engine orders in production already. So what you are hearing is incorrect as I already have some in production."

Now... his info could also be faulty since, I assume, he gets his info from the same place as Jeep chat does...

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I reached out to my salesman yesterday asking if he had an update. I also indicated that the current thought was the production was in a wait-state due to the EPA. Here was his response:

"I actually have about 5 diesel engine orders in production already. So what you are hearing is incorrect as I already have some in production."

Now... his info could also be faulty since, I assume, he gets his info from the same place as Jeep chat does...
I’ve got a fine looking bridge for sale in Brooklyn too...
Sponsored