Start of 3.0 Production

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Land Rover Defender X
Can we please hear from some other "Yellow Can Charter Members". What does your voltmeter show when driving, idling, coasting, and braking?????????
I looked at the voltage display on mine today while out and about. At idle it’s pretty much a constant 13v, then upon acceleration it drops to 12.7v. Once I reach a steady pace it’s back to 13v. Once I coast or start to brake it rises to a range between 13v & 14v.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
If you go to the order tracking spreadsheet at the following location:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...order-tracking-spreadsheet.49564/post-1107785

There is a tab in the spreadsheet that tells you what the codes mean. Unfortunately, there is NO way to derive a schedule from any of the status codes. Each build is different and we have tracked 127 Diesel builds...the only thing that is predictable and consistent is don't believe anything anyone tells you at Jeep.com.

"D" states: D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. They will tell you they are gathering the necessary parts to build your Jeep....once this is done, it will move into "D1" status which means all the parts to build your Jeep are in and now you will be "sequenced" for your build.

They have told some of us it is about 3 weeks in D and then a couple weeks in D1. Until the plant opens up there won't be any movement.

Check out the Tracking Spreadsheet and if you want to be included provide me your Order Build Sheet and I will include you.

Patience is something you will learn...maybe!
Great thank you. I thought the plant was open now... Is that not the case?

JLURD2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Before
Jeep Wrangler JL Start of 3.0 Production 20200502_131203

During
Jeep Wrangler JL Start of 3.0 Production 20200502_150149

After
Jeep Wrangler JL Start of 3.0 Production 20200503_133323

I'll sell the red ones for $260 (-10% off, $30) and I'll pay the shipping ($45 UPS/USPS).
Like new, in original Mopar packaging that came with the charcoal/red stitching units.
Each panel has all 4 clips (the charcoal/red stitching units came with the clips).
PM me if you're interested.

6AB21SRRAA - cluster bezel
dodgeparts.com 150.96
allmoparparts.com 155.04

6AB28SRRAD - air bag door
dodgeparts.com 136.53
allmoparparts.com 140,22

Jeep Wrangler JL Start of 3.0 Production 20200521_125506

Jeep Wrangler JL Start of 3.0 Production 20200521_125728

Jeep Wrangler JL Start of 3.0 Production 20200521_130056

Sponsored

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
It opened this past Monday...not sure how long it will take to get up to speed...but they have never been fast with the Diesels in our experience.
That’s cool. I mis-quoted my status it’s actually in E status. Thanks for your help.

G-Dog15

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon on order.
Can we please hear from some other "Yellow Can Charter Members". What does your voltmeter show when driving, idling, coasting, and braking?????????
I look forward to your results. I still question whether anything is actually wrong with my rig.

Can other folks on here please put the voltmeter on their dash panel and observe what the voltage reading is when you start your rig, are driving it with rpms at running level, coast with foot off the pedal, and braking. As stupid as this sounds I wonder if these 3.0 have a different charging profile from the old school alternators. The alternator in the 3.0 is NOT the same as the Pentastar.
OK. I made the 45 minute ride to the dealer this morning. They took 5 minutes to tell me nothing was wrong. My Alternator is working normally. I’m at 2500 miles now.
I’d question the alternator issue also.

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
OK. I made the 45 minute ride to the dealer this morning. They took 5 minutes to tell me nothing was wrong. My Alternator is working normally. I’m at 2500 miles now.
I’d question the alternator issue also.

Not sure what they did in the five minutes they tested yours. I spoke again in person with the service guy today. He said when they hooked their laptop up to KINI and took her for a ride that even though there is a surge into the high 13's and low 14's during coasting and braking that during driving and idle it dropped to low 12's and their fear is that there will be a cumulative drain on the battery especially with the use of multiple comfort features.

I'm not saying I buy this explanation but I figured I'd let you know.

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
I will look at mine tomorrow. From what you describing it sounds like the alternator pulley clutch is acting up, thats if it has one. It seems to be acting the complete opposite than it is supposed to.

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
My Jeep is now in KZDL status. Ordered 3/4 and have been told to expect delivery by
Mid June. The VIN is 1C4JJXFMXLW304992. Does anyone know of a way to look up the window sticker without going through dealer?

Sponsored

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon diesel

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I will look at mine tomorrow. From what you describing it sounds like the alternator pulley clutch is acting up, thats if it has one. It seems to be acting the complete opposite than it is supposed to.
It seems to be acting the way my normally functioning alternator does per the voltage gauge.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Do we have any new builds in transit or on the line right now?

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Do we have any new builds in transit or on the line right now?
We sure do. Odom is waiting on his...it is in transit and on it's way to Las Vegas. He is coming home Monday and I am hoping he will have his rig in about a week! There are several others that have ordered around the same time he did and should be in similar situations...not much in the way of updates, but check out the spreadsheet I uploaded a couple of days ago!
Sponsored