Start of 3.0 Production

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
The April 17, 2020 Order Guide has the diesel engine option on the 4-door. Perhaps you looked at the 2-door Order Guide.

EDIT: I looked closer. In the April Order Guide, the diesel is available on Sport and Sahara models, but the diesel engine is NOT available on the Rubicon!
My quote is for the Rubicon...I think I need another beer.
Sponsored

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
Well folks, after a solid month of pulling my hair out, you can finally show me as delivered. It was a wild duckin' ride. Cant say that i'll order a Jeep again. That will all really depend upon how my user experience goes. This is my first Jeep. I was a through and blue Toyota fan until my last two new car purchases (17 Tundra and 18 Camry) both had mechanical failures within the first year. It's also my first time special ordering a car. I do like picking out what i want. I'm old enough now, have formed my opinions/tastes, and don't mind spending my hard earned Canadian peso's for quality. Let's be honest, a 60k dollar car should be a really flipping nice car.

Thanks to you creeps for being my sounding board for this roller coaster. I'll try to not disappear. My intent is to stalk a lot of you guys/gals to see what you have done to your rides and take what i like. With a little luck, I'll meet you out on a trial where i can give you a longneck of IPA and look up your Jeep's skirt to see how she looks.

@AdvEddie @toolaide4fit

Grey Goose.jpg

AdvEddie

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Rubicon EcoDiesel -15 Ram 2500 Cummins Mega
Well folks, after a solid month of pulling my hair out, you can finally show me as delivered. It was a wild duckin' ride. Cant say that i'll order a Jeep again. That will all really depend upon how my user experience goes. This is my first Jeep. I was a through and blue Toyota fan until my last two new car purchases (17 Tundra and 18 Camry) both had mechanical failures within the first year. It's also my first time special ordering a car. I do like picking out what i want. I'm old enough now, have formed my opinions/tastes, and don't mind spending my hard earned Canadian peso's for quality. Let's be honest, a 60k dollar car should be a really flipping nice car.

Thanks to you creeps for being my sounding board for this roller coaster. I'll try to not disappear. My intent is to stalk a lot of you guys/gals to see what you have done to your rides and take what i like. With a little luck, I'll meet you out on a trial where i can give you a longneck of IPA and look up your Jeep's skirt to see how she looks.

@AdvEddie @toolaide4fit

Grey Goose.jpg
Man thats a good looking Jeep. You have good taste! :rock::party::muscle:

RedDevil17

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 LR Disco I (for now)
My quote is for the Rubicon...I think I need another beer.
Or two or three....I finally got all the pieces together to let me pull the trigger on a JLURD and then "no-go" on the April order guide. <sigh> Since it's there for the other models....I'm holding out hope

Sponsored

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
Or two or three....I finally got all the pieces together to let me pull the trigger on a JLURD and then "no-go" on the April order guide. <sigh> Since it's there for the other models....I'm holding out hope
I'm with you on that one. May is right around the corner, hopefully they cut the engine loose for the Rubicons.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager

@AdvEddie @toolaide4fit

Grey Goose.jpg
Good looking Rig! I have marked you "Delivered" btw...Bald is Beautiful!

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Looks great! I didn't realize until now that the order guide for April doesn't show the 3.0 liter diesel!!?? I'm hoping I didn't wait to long. Dealer doesn't have a clue about it either. Great Jeep, hope you enjoy it for a long time.
Socks, you dealer should be able to "Build" you Wrangler configuration in their build system...they can then print out a build sheet that shows all of your options...it something isn't available they won't be able to add it to the build sheet.

If they decide they can't do a custom build and provide you a build sheet, then they are BSing you and you need to find another dealer...if the sales person says it can't happen ask for the New Sales Manager. Hope this helps?

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
I’d hope that they updated the fording specs based on the platform if needed. Still don’t have mine, but what does the plate say on the tailgate? Does it say 30” on there? That would be super-crappy if the plate said 30” but the EDs couldn’t actually handle it.
Plate on the tailgate says 30" - I'm going to just have to trust the engineers at Jeep that all that exhaust claptrap is watertight :)

Sponsored

ArielPR

First Name
Zed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I'm with you on that one. May is right around the corner, hopefully they cut the engine loose for the Rubicons.
I was about to pull the trigger on a Rubicon before all this Corona Virus started, hope the JLUR with the 3.0 comes back.

LotaBoot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLU EcoDiesel (built : waiting on delivery)
Occupation
Digital Product Experience Designer
Alright, I just ordered my last mods before my JLRUD arrives. I will be out of space to store all this (and out of money :D) until I can start putting it all on!

5x KMC Machettes, mounted with 37” Milestar Patagonia M/Ts and TPMSs all from Northridge4x4. The mounting is STEEP, but worth the piece of mind since these are beadlocks. But I’ll be doing the maintenance moving forward.

Should be here in about 3 weeks or so.
What’s the over/under on them beating the Jeep here?

They will be coming all the way from WA (and NR needs to order the tires from Milestar), and according to my dealer, my Jeep is in NJ, and I am on Long Island.
I’m taking bets!

At this point, I feel like I’ll be modding my add-ons with a Jeep and not modding my Jeep with add-ons.

Just an aside—the guys over at Northridge are great. Really friendly and helpful.
I lied. But now I’m REALLY done. Just ordered the Rock Krawler 2.5” lift kit with Foxx shocks and rugged ridge bump stops from Northridge4x4. Now I’ll officially be comfortably off-road ready and also penniless. ;)

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
With this stay at home going on, I only have 600miles on mine. But I did drive it again yesterday and just have to say again what a pleasure it is to drive. It climbs the hills so effortlessly and never needs a lot of rpm. The transmission programming is the best I’ve ever driven. I don’t miss a manual trans when driving this one. It’s holding 8th gear quite well, even with the 315/70 tires. I am very pleased!