Start of 3.0 Production

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
I might as well put up a couple pics of my new JLUD. Another sale for Rob.

This one was a special order for the owner and he decided to sell it when the China virus hit.

Loved the long drive from San Juan Capistrano to the base of the San Bernardino Mountains.

IMG_1129.jpeg

IMG_1133.jpeg

IMG_1134.jpeg

IMG_1135.jpeg

IMG_1138.jpeg

IMG_1137.jpeg
Love the sarge green. Curious, where did the wheels come from?

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
Also posted this over in Interior Mods, but in case anyone is interested, I did a quick DIY project to add a hidden magnetic mount for my Garmin GPS. I found that on my roadtrip last Saturday, the GPS would not stay put on top of the JL dash.

AdvEddie

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Rubicon EcoDiesel -15 Ram 2500 Cummins Mega
@AdvEddie
Just spoke with my dealer. My Jeep, ordered 11/18, is sitting in a lot in LA as of 04/04.

I'm Mother F**n pissed.
I am over it. I am in the exact same boat. I know people have been waiting a long time and I certainly don't want to take away from their plight but to have a vehicle escape the factory in the last minutes before shutdown to sit in a parking lot for 3 weeks and counting is ridiculous.

I think I am going to cancel the order. I want the vehicle but I have concerns about buying a 2020 at this point in the cycle that will automatically have so much built in depreciation that won't be recovered. I know these are depreciating assets but doesn't mean I should give away more money just because they don't have their shit together. I may just re-order and try to get a better deal from another dealer. Some of the pricing I am hearing on this forum seems pretty incredible. Almost too incredible. It makes me wonder if people are confusing MSRP and dealer invoice. Would love to see some replies on MSRP (sticker price of the vehicle) and prices paid.

Any dealers out there want to work out a smoking deal? I can send you my build sheet. Short of 84 month 0% financing, thats about the only way I am thinking I am going to buy in this market.

Sponsored

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
It makes me wonder if people are confusing MSRP and dealer invoice. Would love to see some replies on MSRP (sticker price of the vehicle) and prices paid.
I ordered 10/28 and it was delivered 3/6. I paid 14% below MSRP / 8% below invoice through Craig Benner @ Koons Tysons, in Tyson's Corner, VA. There's a separate thread about pricing I believe, in another subforum.

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
Haven't been on this thread much since picking ours up, I just wanted to say it was so worth the wait. We have about 3k miles on it, including a 10 hr driving day. This jeep is so much fun to drive.

20200411_201511.jpg

AdvEddie

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am over it. I am in the exact same boat. I know people have been waiting a long time and I certainly don't want to take away from their plight but to have a vehicle escape the factory in the last minutes before shutdown to sit in a parking lot for 3 weeks and counting is ridiculous.

I think I am going to cancel the order. I want the vehicle but I have concerns about buying a 2020 at this point in the cycle that will automatically have so much built in depreciation that won't be recovered. I know these are depreciating assets but doesn't mean I should give away more money just because they don't have their shit together. I may just re-order and try to get a better deal from another dealer. Some of the pricing I am hearing on this forum seems pretty incredible. Almost too incredible. It makes me wonder if people are confusing MSRP and dealer invoice. Would love to see some replies on MSRP (sticker price of the vehicle) and prices paid.

Any dealers out there want to work out a smoking deal? I can send you my build sheet. Short of 84 month 0% financing, thats about the only way I am thinking I am going to buy in this market.
And of course.... As soon as I post this the dealer calls me and says the Jeep is arriving today.

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Land Rover Defender X
Haven't been on this thread much since picking ours up, I just wanted to say it was so worth the wait. We have about 3k miles on it, including a 10 hr driving day. This jeep is so much fun to drive.

20200411_201511.jpg
I couldn’t agree more. So worth the wait. Best driving Jeep I’ve owned!

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
I couldn’t agree more. So worth the wait. Best driving Jeep I’ve owned!
Loved my 2000 TJ, but you can't even compare them

Sponsored

AdvEddie

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well when I got the delivery pics from the dealer I melted and had to have it. Took delivery this afternoon. Here it is sitting in my driveway. Couple little minor defects to be addressed at a later date but overall just beautiful! Drives very nice. Steering seems to be ok but don't have a lot of experience with Jeeps. I wouldn't say it feels tight thats for sure. #yellowcanclub

IMG_2013.JPG

IMG_5641.JPG

IMG_3704.JPG

IMG_3806.JPG

IMG_4299 2.JPG

IMG_5269.JPG

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
@AdvEddie

Excellent choices in color. Superb looking Jeep. Unfortunately no word on my Jeep. I just don't get it. I could've swore we were on the same train and trucks. All of our shipping information was lining up. Even the delays and locations. Who knows man. Who really freaking knows. (Definitely not my dealer!)

AdvEddie

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@AdvEddie

Excellent choices in color. Superb looking Jeep. Unfortunately no word on my Jeep. I just don't get it. I could've swore we were on the same train and trucks. All of our shipping information was lining up. Even the delays and locations. Who knows man. Who really freaking knows. (Definitely not my dealer!)
Thanks buddy. Hopefully yours comes soon. The dealer was telling me the storage lot down there is a shit show and is completely overrun. I guess they are doing their best to get them all out of there.

I literally had no clue. This morning I was cancelling, tonight its in my driveway. Hang in there.
Sponsored