Start of 3.0 Production

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Where is your dealer?? Joking aside, if its near to me, i can pick it up and store it at my place until you get a chance to get it. That way you know no one is driving it around or whatever. Just an offer.
Yeah, what he said. I’ll ‘store’ your NEW Jeep for you. I won’t even drive it (much). I’ll take real good care of it. :)
Sponsored

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Where is your dealer?? Joking aside, if its near to me, i can pick it up and store it at my place until you get a chance to get it. That way you know no one is driving it around or whatever. Just an offer.
The dealer is in Austin, TX. Back in October, it was reasonable to get the best deal possible ($6K less than local dealers) and have a road trip in January to pick it up.

Since the Southwest is not a hot spot for the virus, maybe I can go get the JL. I figure I come in close proximity to more people in Costco and Home Depot than I would on the trip to Austin and back.

Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD 06 Corvette. 16 FLTRU
Occupation
Lighthouse Keeper, Retired Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
12/13/19 ordered
3/5 build sheet
3/21 window sticker
4/17 delivered slight delay for shelter in place.
Mike Clinnin provided an excellent buying experience.
Already drove 350 miles to bring it home where it is resting comfortably next to it's garage mates.
Let's the mods begin.

20200417_171658.jpg

20200417_165945.jpg

20200417_170527.jpg

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
12/13/19 ordered
3/5 build sheet
3/21 window sticker
4/17 delivered slight delay for shelter in place.
Mike Clinnin provided an excellent buying experience.
Already drove 350 miles to bring it home where it is resting comfortably next to it's garage mates.
Let's the mods begin.

20200417_171658.jpg

20200417_165945.jpg

20200417_170527.jpg
Congrats! Have you moved to "Delivered!"

Sponsored

Csarcon

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon diesel, 2019 F350 diesel, 2018 Can Am x3, 2013 Prius plug in
Occupation
Transportation
@Csarcon Jeep looks good. I'm eyeballing a green 3.0D at Coastline that is equipped the same as my original order. My Sting Gray jeep now has an "unknown ETA" so I'm starting to evaluate my other options. You said you were pleased with the dealer? Coastline is a little it of a drive for me from the East Bay.
Rob was the salesman I dealt with, very pleased with the service and rate, give him a call, anything that is not a Rubicon 2020 qualifies for the new offer from Chrysler, I think it gets close to 5% below invoice which is what my deal was.

Csarcon

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon diesel, 2019 F350 diesel, 2018 Can Am x3, 2013 Prius plug in
Occupation
Transportation
Ha Ha. I am looking at that too. Very close to my original order, but I wanted the one touch top.
Coastline had one just like mine, white with the one sky touch, worh the call or at least the email. He mentioned they had 4 diesel orders that customers backed out off due to the time it took to deliver

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
Had my first refueling issue today...Stopped at a reputable station to refuel and nozzle would not go into the filler neck. Definitely ultra low sulfur diesel pump in the passenger car area and definitely not too large. I had no idea what was going on, spent a few minutes to see if there was something in the owners manual, nothing. Couldn't find anything online. Finally gave up and drove the rest of the way home on fumes and filled up at the station I filled up on my first tank with no issues. It appears there is a locking mechanism in the filler neck to prevent gasoline sized nozzles from fitting, so they need to be just the right size or it won't release. Has anyone run into this issue? Anyone had to fill from a yellow can yet? This kind of pissed me off, I don't need a mechanical nanny to keep me from putting gasoline in a diesel. Am I missing something? I haven't owned a diesel in the US since 2009 so maybe I didn't get the memo.

DieselLock.jpg

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Had my first refueling issue today...Stopped at a reputable station to refuel and nozzle would not go into the filler neck. Definitely ultra low sulfur diesel pump in the passenger car area and definitely not too large. I had no idea what was going on, spent a few minutes to see if there was something in the owners manual, nothing. Couldn't find anything online. Finally gave up and drove the rest of the way home on fumes and filled up at the station I filled up on my first tank with no issues. It appears there is a locking mechanism in the filler neck to prevent gasoline sized nozzles from fitting, so they need to be just the right size or it won't release. Has anyone run into this issue? Anyone had to fill from a yellow can yet? This kind of pissed me off, I don't need a mechanical nanny to keep me from putting gasoline in a diesel. Am I missing something? I haven't owned a diesel in the US since 2009 so maybe I didn't get the memo.

DieselLock.jpg
There’s another thread about filling from jerry cans. Supposedly most ship with an adapter that sits next to your scissor jack, but somehow mine did not, which made for an interesting trip to the station to fill up with the sales guy I worked with....same problem, had to find another pump. I’ll be getting that adapter from my dealer.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
It should be with your scissor Jack! I am attaching pictures of it.

We all know that JLURD’s was stolen while the Port Authority was driving his Jeep waiting for a boat to ship it to Alaska!

22736859-406D-4801-A86F-512CAB6DC508.jpeg

EE92F6B4-61A1-4840-95AB-F7EED18B8324.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
It should be with your scissor Jack! I am attaching pictures of it.

We all know that JLURD’s was stolen while the Port Authority was driving his Jeep waiting for a boat to ship it to Alaska!

22736859-406D-4801-A86F-512CAB6DC508.jpeg

EE92F6B4-61A1-4840-95AB-F7EED18B8324.jpeg
Would be another good spot for a YCC sticker.

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I imagine that ‘fuel pilferage defeat device’ insert could be removed (actually saw a video online but it was on a different vehicle) but would be concerned something would break off & fall down into the tank :swear:

TPJULR3.0D

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC AT4 Diesel
Would be another good spot for a YCC sticker.
If you take another plastic funnel that is store bought and normally longer and cut it so that the diameter of the opening is the same diameter of your factory funnel , then you have a cheap easy back up with a larger funnel

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
There’s another thread about filling from jerry cans. Supposedly most ship with an adapter that sits next to your scissor jack, but somehow mine did not, which made for an interesting trip to the station to fill up with the sales guy I worked with....same problem, had to find another pump. I’ll be getting that adapter from my dealer.
Thanks, I tracked it down. It was with the jack. Mine is white. My old TDI Jetta had a filler neck that would fit a fire hose, but in those days (early 2000s) you usually had to fill up at truck stops, so it was kind of necessary.

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I tracked it down. It was with the jack. Mine is white. My old TDI Jetta had a filler neck that would fit a fire hose, but in those days (early 2000s) you usually had to fill up at truck stops, so it was kind of necessary.
Remember how fast they would fill your tank too. Back when id fill up an E-350 with 32 gallons of Diesel those trucker nozzles were awesome!
Sponsored