First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon diesel, 2019 F350 diesel, 2018 Can Am x3, 2013 Prius plug in
Occupation
Transportation
IMO I would be more worried of the Sky one-touch repairs than the emissions on the diesel. To many plastic moving parts.
I had the same thoughts behind it, but I figured I cant let my fear not allow me to have what I want, if a problem arises then we will have to deal with it, the one thing we have on our side is that the Jeep is the most customized vehicle in the market so there will always be options, the benifits for me outweight the cons by a long shot, being able to open and close it without taking parts off and on the fly was way more convenient.
Sponsored

wannabe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350, 2020 Jeep JLUR Diesel
Took delivery of mine finally on 4/4. Ordered 11/18.

607634830.jpg

Csarcon

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon diesel, 2019 F350 diesel, 2018 Can Am x3, 2013 Prius plug in
Occupation
Transportation
My Jeep is sitting at the dealer 300 miles away waiting for the shelter in place order to be lifted, currently April 13.
Most dealers are still meeting with customers to release ordered vehicles or meet for appmnts to purchase, this week is going to be a tough one, I think most orders are going to stay in place until the end of the month, as of now they are allowing each state to dictate their guidelines, but that may change, I am hoping our Jeep gets delivered soon, specailly since CFA is offering 0% finincing for the next 30 days

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
Throw back as I wait for my new jeep, this was my blue 2008 JK and grey 2015 JK. Can't wait (like really I have zero patients) to get one with a white 2020 jl that's sitting at body work...

For those that have been adding things to their new family member, PLEASE share so we can live through your fun. If you happen to go find dirt or even a steep hill share those too, lol.

I'll just sit here reorganizing all the boxes I have in my shop..... Last night I laid them all out like they were installed, kids and wife took pictures said something about OMG and went back inside.
I FINALLY got out this weekend and drove around on some dirt roads, I didn't go far because of the lockdowns but I figured that it would nice to share some video of my first impressions with those still waiting and/or stuck at home. The sound this thing makes is my favorite feature.
www.year1diesel.com

You might need to use this direct link if the other one takes you to my previous video.

Let me know what you think about the video and I'll try to keep making them if I take the Jeep somewhere interesting. My options nearby are fairly limited.

View attachment 303080

Sponsored

onepluto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Y
That is Awesome, good Monday break. Thanks for sharing.

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
I FINALLY got out this weekend and drove around on some dirt roads, I didn't go far because of the lockdowns but I figured that it would nice to share some video of my first impressions with those still waiting and/or stuck at home. The sound this thing makes is my favorite feature.
www.year1diesel.com

You might need to use this direct link if the other one takes you to my previous video.

Let me know what you think about the video and I'll try to keep making them if I take the Jeep somewhere interesting. My options nearby are fairly limited.

View attachment 303080
Really neat video. Love the sound of the 3.0 liter chugging away.

rzJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same thoughts behind it, but I figured I cant let my fear not allow me to have what I want, if a problem arises then we will have to deal with it, the one thing we have on our side is that the Jeep is the most customized vehicle in the market so there will always be options, the benifits for me outweight the cons by a long shot, being able to open and close it without taking parts off and on the fly was way more convenient.
I will agree, if we did not take a risk we would never of ordered the diesel.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Got the call on Friday, picked it up on Saturday! Everything I had hoped for and more!!! Definitely worth the wait, although a long wait it was!!!

leslie Jeep3s.jpg
Congrats! That is one good looking Jeep! Black it definitely a great color if I do say so myself! I will move you to "DELIVERED!"

Sponsored

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
Almost wasn't going to post tonight since there didn't seem to be any Jeeps delivered...I was wrong...Here is the latest!
Because of business (dealerships) shutting down, if I was to go in, if possible, in the next 10-15 days and place my order, would it get built before the new model change over? Toledo is shut down. Not sure when it will reopen. I'm sure orders are probably being placed. Just held in a order bank until someone comes back to work and turns on the computer and starts lining up the orders. We are pushing closer to end of model year. I want the 3.0 liter diesel and I want sarge green. I would like to shop it around. I have 4 dealers in mind. Ordered my fair share of vehicles over the years. I have a lot of fun at it and I also take it very personally. This Jeep is a want. A VERY particular want. I'm very passionate about it and very heartfelt about it. A last hurrah.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Because of business (dealerships) shutting down, if I was to go in, if possible, in the next 10-15 days and place my order, would it get built before the new model change over? Toledo is shut down. Not sure when it will reopen. I'm sure orders are probably being placed. Just held in a order bank until someone comes back to work and turns on the computer and starts lining up the orders. We are pushing closer to end of model year. I want the 3.0 liter diesel and I want sarge green. I would like to shop it around. I have 4 dealers in mind. Ordered my fair share of vehicles over the years. I have a lot of fun at it and I also take it very personally. This Jeep is a want. A VERY particular want. I'm very passionate about it and very heartfelt about it. A last hurrah.
First let me say there aren't any guarantees. These are guesses and there is not way to know when production will start again. But I think they can easily build this Jeep in 2 months...the sooner you order the better chances you have of getting it. The 2021 Model year orders won't start until late August or early September is my guess.

So having said that they would need to start building before the 2021 model year starts to sell, but I think they will take orders up until September for 2020. So, it is my guess that they would be able to easily build you a new 2020 Diesel if you order it now.

Covid 19 is the wildcard and no one knows how long it will keep things shut down, but I can't see it lasting beyond May, which would mean you would stand a chance of getting it in August or September at the latest. Go for it...life is short!
Sponsored