BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
Tom,

Put me down as delivered. Ordered 1-25-20 and delivered on 3-25-20. Awesome vehicle!

Congrats! I too had ordered the lower body graphic and was wondering what it was going to look like.

Sponsored

G-Dog15

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon on order.
Does anyone have a good contact at Larry Miller Jeep in Idaho?
I talked to the fleet sales manager & he said, "We do not discount Rubicons off list price & the diesel demands a premium" :facepalm:
What’s he mean by premium? It is $6000.00 on the MSRP

flatfoot81

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD 2020
Does anyone have a good contact at Larry Miller Jeep in Idaho?
I talked to the fleet sales manager & he said, "We do not discount Rubicons off list price & the diesel demands a premium" :facepalm:
I ordered mine the other day from LHM in Sandy, UT. They've issued a VIN but that's about it thus far. He did give me as good a deal as I've found.
Erik Jacobsen
Sales Manager
801-553-5912

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
AB3B3AE1-036A-484D-9A21-CE6918624303.jpeg
Well, lookie here. Check out what just showed up on my doorstep.
I’ll do everything I can to get these out this weekend.
I messaged you a couple days ago if you voted. You get first crack at these for the rest of the week. After that, it’s first come first serve. There’s only 7 “The O.G.” stickers left from this discounted run. After that, if people want me to make more, the price will unfortunately go up by one USD to cover the actual cost of printing. I had no idea just how many people would be asking for!
Put me down for one!!

Benagi

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I ordered mine the other day from LHM in Sandy, UT. They've issued a VIN but that's about it thus far. He did give me as good a deal as I've found.
Erik Jacobsen
Sales Manager
801-553-5912
What was the MSRP? What did you pay before taxes? Thanks for any info. I live in Salt Lake County.

Sponsored

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
AB3B3AE1-036A-484D-9A21-CE6918624303.jpeg
Well, lookie here. Check out what just showed up on my doorstep.
I’ll do everything I can to get these out this weekend.
I messaged you a couple days ago if you voted. You get first crack at these for the rest of the week. After that, it’s first come first serve. There’s only 7 “The O.G.” stickers left from this discounted run. After that, if people want me to make more, the price will unfortunately go up by one USD to cover the actual cost of printing. I had no idea just how many people would be asking for!

PM sent

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
The batteries on diesel engines are strong and big and there is a good chance you have two (I cant remember if that was a stock thing). In any case, a modern, quality winch won't draw too much from your rig and is likely not a big deal on occasion. This is a debatable point but it is argued to be safe and just run your rig. It would be terrible to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with a dead battery AND precariously wedged on a crag. The biggest selling point (IMO) for a high idle is two fold;

One, after heating up the engine from hard work or driving fast, you can let the motor idle at high to pump the fan, coolant, and oil through the system to even out the engine temps through the block/heads/intake and turbo. Run it for a good ten minutes or so, kill the high idle and let it chug for a few seconds to equalize the fuel rail and then shut her down. This is good practice to protect the engine overall.

Second, a high idle allows for a more refined air/fuel mixture and burns cleaner. Idling typically runs rich, which causes incomplete combustion and substantially increases soot production. Soot buildup clogs EGR systems and your DPF prematurely. This leads to expensive repairs to the EGR and increases the frequency of cycling of the regen which dramatically impacts MPG and DEF consumption. If you leave your rig to sit and idle for extended periods of time, turn up the high idle to protect against soot buildup. Think about remote start, i have a bad habit of warming up the car and then realizing 15 minutes later i've made three trips back into the house or office to grab stuff or talk to someone on my way out. Or, if you live in a very hot area, the air conditioning works a whole lot better when high idle is on.

Hope that answers your questions. High idle is a big selling point for me in the Tazer.
So in reality it’s primarily to benefit the engine and exhaust systems rather than winch function directly. I do wonder how much modern diesel engine fuel mapping at idle has addressed the soot production issues of generations past. It shouldn’t be that difficult to run a smooth idle with less soot using modern injectors and computer controls.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Tom , picked up my diesel today . 11 miles on it before test ride . Thanks for your spreadsheet. It was informative and helped me keep my sanity . You can cancel my original order on 11/2 black Sahara . Order was never filled. Thank you

233C6B3E-CD03-451E-9DE3-66BC326F91D6.jpeg

AD59E609-6424-4444-B654-078F571E0802.jpeg

6FE345E1-591B-48E2-96C0-44E692AD71C0.jpeg

8CECB82A-0975-4A03-A903-6DCA6219EA8E.jpeg
A third black with painted fenders and roof! Tom and I wholeheartedly approve! Congrats!

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
So in reality it’s primarily to benefit the engine and exhaust systems rather than winch function directly. I do wonder how much modern diesel engine fuel mapping at idle has addressed the soot production issues of generations past. It shouldn’t be that difficult to run a smooth idle with less soot using modern injectors and computer controls.
Another BIG advantage of high idle is keeping the DPF temps up to burn the soot created. A cold DPF will clog up FAST.
Sponsored