Start of 3.0 Production

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
My diesel is still on order and stuck in inspection for now . I am wondering, To those who are already driving their diesels , Is loose steering and dead spots just expected in all wranglers steering ? Does anyone have good steering on these diesels straight from the factory or are upgrades to steering always going to be needed ? Does anyone yet know the upgrades needed to correct loose steering and excessive dead spots ?
No issues here either. No dead spot and steering was tight even before adding synergy brace and steer smarts track bar.
Sponsored

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
....So far mine has been a joy to drive, and I,ve been looking for these things... unfortunatly, I have been unable to put more mileage on than I have so far.... The first time I tried 4L, it was rough because I tried to shift it like the YJ, fast learning curve there, it shifts just fine with a little roll...
I agree with the 4L, its a little tricky to shift out of 4l and into Neutral. I've had to move back and forth a few times.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
My diesel is still on order and stuck in inspection for now . I am wondering, To those who are already driving their diesels , Is loose steering and dead spots just expected in all wranglers steering ? Does anyone have good steering on these diesels straight from the factory or are upgrades to steering always going to be needed ? Does anyone yet know the upgrades needed to correct loose steering and excessive dead spots ?
The steering on my 3.0 is nothing like described here...significant upgrade from my JLUR 3.6 and the three JKs I’ve driven. Seems the steering with the JL 3.0 is all over the place because it’s terrible for a few and fine for most as far as I’ve been hearing.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
All I know is this, my 19 2 door had perfect steering and my 20 is a mess. I’ll get it remedied eventually.

gnome

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.... 1994 base YJ .......... 2006 Dakota ..... ..... 2020 Sahara 3.0D
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
Has there been a dealer service bulletin on the steering issue yet? What has been the fix for it so far?

Sponsored

TPJULR3.0D

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC AT4 Diesel
No issues here either. No dead spot and steering was tight even before adding synergy brace and steer smarts track bar.
Thanks for your reply, I am new to the Jeep world , can you share with what the benefits are of adding the synergy brace and steer smart system . Are the added only with lifts and larger tires or are they helpful for pavement driving too ?

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Has there been a dealer service bulletin on the steering issue yet? What has been the fix for it so far?
This has been an issue since 2018, and they are still coming off the line 2 years later with it. If there was a fix from FCA, my 20 would have come with it. Probably gonna have to go aftermarket.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is great so far.

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Land Rover Defender X
My steering is tight and right on the 2020 JLURD. But on the 2019 JLUR the steering was loosey goosey and it sucked from day 1 and never improved.

The JLURD is the best riding Jeep I’ve owned to date. I did air down the tires to 33 psi cold tho. Now that it’s spring the actual warm driving psi is 36.

I’m on my second tank and for the most part averaging 24-26 mpg. I did have to put 2.5 gallons of DEF into it to bring it to full on the gauge even tho the gauge was reading 3/4, so I’m not so sure as to the accuracy of the DEF gauge at this point.

Super happy with this Jeep and that seems to be the sentiment from the others who have received theirs as well.

Sponsored

runjhike

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
I’m in KZS status!! Ordered 2/24.
there seems to be no rhyme or reason to how they schedule these things. What is your build? I’m assuming NOT a Rubicon. Just saw that you ordered a Rubicon in your profile. Man that was a fast build.

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
there seems to be no rhyme or reason to how they schedule these things. What is your build? I’m assuming NOT a Rubicon. Just saw that you ordered a Rubicon in your profile. Man that was a fast build.
Yeah I said the same thing! I ordered the Rubi on 2/24. My dealer called me today and told me it’s in KZS. He told me if it doesn’t arrive tonight it will possibly arrive tomorrow but he said if it doesn’t arrive tomorrow there’s a high chance I won’t get the Jeep until April 6. Dealership’s are all shutting down due to the virus.

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my Rubicon on 2/21 and it shipped 3/10. Its due in late next week.

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
I am happy for those of you who ordered in Jan or Feb and have received or will soon be receiving your rigs. Like you say, not possible to make senses of the order dates vs delivery dates. I ordered Oct 14 and it’s still waiting to be shipped out. That hasn’t stopped me from buying stuff for it....

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I am happy for those of you who ordered in Jan or Feb and have received or will soon be receiving your rigs. Like you say, not possible to make senses of the order dates vs delivery dates. I ordered Oct 14 and it’s still waiting to be shipped out. That hasn’t stopped me from buying stuff for it....
hang in there! I have the lift and 37s and power steps ready to go as soon as it arrives. I just hope it arrives by tomorrow. Our governor just declared a lockdown beginning Tuesday.
Sponsored