Sponsored

Start of 3.0 Production

nforkjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel / 2020 JLURD Delivered !
Thanks Cwu21!

Looking for your delivery as well, and read that yours is on the way.

San Diego has got to be a great place to wheel around.

Of course the Jeep plant is shut down, and yesterday Craig said all dealers in PA were closed.

I think we got in just under the wire.

Craig said had a guy driving a rental down from Conn today to pick up a Jeep.
Sponsored

gnome

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.... 1994 base YJ .......... 2006 Dakota ..... ..... 2020 Sahara 3.0D
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
awesome another Early order delivery, Congrats
Joe, I'm going to enjoy seeing your delivery most, your one of the originals.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Joe, I'm going to enjoy seeing your delivery most, your one of the originals.
Thanks it truly has been a Long time coming Been here waiting since it was announce a diesel was coming lol. My best estimate now will be mid April before I see mine, anything before that will be a surprise

Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD 06 Corvette. 16 FLTRU
Occupation
Lighthouse Keeper, Retired Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hay Jeff, got mine today also! Want to stay positive but can’t cross my fingers because I’m way too old, they might get stuck there! Ordered on 2/17/20 in arizona. What are your particulars?
Ordered 12/11/19 Red Rubicon In SE GA.

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
I checked with the dealer this morning. What the system shows is that my Jeep is sitting at Toledo-Nitro Creek waiting for shipment still. Day 159 today. Maybe the virus won’t prevent movement and I’ll see it before day 180. What do you think?

Last edited:

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
100 miles on the odometer calls for some mods; bumper, winch, lights, and switch bank.

20200321_162943.jpg

20200321_163120.jpg

20200321_163009.jpg

The diesel is so satisfying to drive.

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
....so made a quick dash to the fuel up today and pretty quiet and smooth. After it warmed up I goosed it a bit coming off a stop sign and I hear this huge Diesel racket and a whistlin' turbo as I speed away. Was very surprised because it seemed so quiet before, then suddenly I realized there was a big Ford Diesel on my tail trying to keep up. LOL I couldn't hear my own diesel over all his racket.... Very impressed so far.

gnome

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
100 miles on the odometer calls for some mods; bumper, winch, lights, and switch bank.
Looks good.

[/QUOTE]The diesel is so satisfying to drive.[/QUOTE]
yeah it is... you can feel the compression braking at 30 and under.... but it's not so much at highway speeds... can't believe how
well it rides at 80... and its a jeep... topped off the tank with 12.3 gallons @320 miles, 26 average agrees with the onboard calculation....which is good, cause it was giving a steady instant mileage of 30.1 highway, and I really want that to be a true number.

G-Dog15

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon on order.
Talked with Jeep Chat tonight and got some good news.

Maurice (3/21/2020, 7:54:50 PM): Thank you so much for holding! I appreciate your patience. I can see that this vehicle is in the shipping stage and has an ETA Window of: 04/06/2020 - 04/20/2020. Congratulations again on the purchase! It will not be much longer until you receive your vehicle.

Now as long as the transportation doesn't get shut down.
That makes it 4 months from order on 12/12/2019 till delivery.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
After driving mine for the week, I can comment on the steering. Now mind you, I had a 2019 JL, plus many JK’s, so I am well aware of solid front axle vehicles. There is no doubt mine has very very loose steering, especially compared to my 19. I thought maybe coming from a Raptor it was just going to take a little getting used to, but there is no doubt I got a dreaded loose steering issue. But I’m not gonna have the dealer mess with it, I’m just gonna drive it.

Sponsored

Dasher320

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2003 TJ, 2020 JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
After driving mine for the week, I can comment on the steering. Now mind you, I had a 2019 JL, plus many JK’s, so I am well aware of solid front axle vehicles. There is no doubt mine has very very loose steering, especially compared to my 19. I thought maybe coming from a Raptor it was just going to take a little getting used to, but there is no doubt I got a dreaded loose steering issue. But I’m not gonna have the dealer mess with it, I’m just gonna drive it.
Mine has a very bad dead spot and seems to have a mind of its own. I have owned CJ7's, YJ's and TJ's. I have rented JK's, JL's and JT's. The only one that even compares is the CJ7 I own now that I have been restoring. None of the other Jeeps I have owned had steering as bad. It's tight and steers fine, besides the giant dead spot that causes the issues.

That said, I love it. The diesel motor and 8 speed transmission are awesome. I have the SteerSmarts system ready to install and I have the Synergy bracket on the way, so I'm not concerned about fixing the steering, but it seems odd that the JL and JT I have driven before were nothing like this one.

TPJULR3.0D

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC AT4 Diesel
Mine has a very bad dead spot and seems to have a mind of its own. I have owned CJ7's, YJ's and TJ's. I have rented JK's, JL's and JT's. The only one that even compares is the CJ7 I own now that I have been restoring. None of the other Jeeps I have owned had steering as bad. It's tight and steers fine, besides the giant dead spot that causes the issues.

That said, I love it. The diesel motor and 8 speed transmission are awesome. I have the SteerSmarts system ready to install and I have the Synergy bracket on the way, so I'm not concerned about fixing the steering, but it seems odd that the JL and JT I have driven before were nothing like this one.
My diesel is still on order and stuck in inspection for now . I am wondering, To those who are already driving their diesels , Is loose steering and dead spots just expected in all wranglers steering ? Does anyone have good steering on these diesels straight from the factory or are upgrades to steering always going to be needed ? Does anyone yet know the upgrades needed to correct loose steering and excessive dead spots ?

gnome

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
My steering is great! I've had a JK and a YJ, this JL is tight and feels great. Only has 500 miles on it right now so it could develop an issue later, but nothing yet.
....So far mine has been a joy to drive, and I,ve been looking for these things... unfortunatly, I have been unable to put more mileage on than I have so far.... The first time I tried 4L, it was rough because I tried to shift it like the YJ, fast learning curve there, it shifts just fine with a little roll...

Dasher320

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2003 TJ, 2020 JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
....So far mine has been a joy to drive, and I,ve been looking for these things... unfortunatly, I have been unable to put more mileage on than I have so far.... The first time I tried 4L, it was rough because I tried to shift it like the YJ, fast learning curve there, it shifts just fine with a little roll...
I think you would know it immediately if you had a Jeep with this issue. I could tell within 1/4 mile on my first drive. It is pronounced and obvious. I was very skeptical of all the people on here complaining because I have driven Jeeps a ton and know how they misbehave. This is something else. Be glad if you don't have the issue. I had planned on upgrading the steering anyway for bigger tires and off road abuse, so I don't care. But I understand why people are making such a fuss now.
Sponsored