Start of 3.0 Production

Big Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU 2020 JLURD on order 2008 JKU 2015 GMC Denali Tow Pig
Speaking of decals—voting closed today for the Yellow Can Club Badge of Honor and the top 4 finishers were so dang close, we’re giving y’all the option of 4!

I’ll post the results tomorrow and will be PM’ing the 46 people who voted.

The great news? Everyone’s first pick—with the exception of one person—has been sent to production. So, pretty much everyone’s going to at least get the option to buy their favorite design. The only version that we are not producing is the horizontal “can with text”—that one was clearly everyone’s least favorite.

You can buy more than one sticker and any design—regardless of how you voted. I need to run the numbers one more time, but I believe $1.25 per sticker should cover the printing, envelope and forever stamp to get it out to you for this first run.

We got a special discount this time from the sticker company. But if we need to run more—the price will unfortunately go up.

Will post the final price Per sticker for this run with the results tomorrow.

I’m not looking to make a penny on this, so if I do wind up with a few extra cents or bucks—I’ll be donating it to “Tread Lightly!” a group that supports our rights to safely, legally, and environmentally consciously take our rigs off road where they’re (and we’re) the happiest. If I can attribute the small donation to a person or group; it will of course be The Yellow Can Club.

I’ll provide my Venmo, PayPal, Square Cash, and Apple Cash details in my PMs to those of you who voted so you can easily send me the $ for your stickers. I’m hoping y’all have at least one of those options. If not—we can work something else out.
I'm in for at least 3....I'll take another 1 or 2 if you have extra.
Sponsored

gnome

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.... 1994 base YJ .......... 2006 Dakota ..... ..... 2020 Sahara 3.0D
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
Speaking of decals—voting closed today for the Yellow Can Club Badge of Honor and the top 4 finishers were so dang close, we’re giving y’all the option of 4!

The great news? Everyone’s first pick—with the exception of one person—has been sent to production. So, pretty much everyone’s going to at least get the option to buy their favorite design. The only version that we are not producing is the horizontal “can with text”—that one was clearly everyone’s least favorite.

You can buy more than one sticker and any design—regardless of how you voted. I need to run the numbers one more time, but I believe $1.25 per sticker should cover the printing, envelope and forever stamp to get it out to you for this first run.

We got a special discount this time from the sticker company. But if we need to run more—the price will unfortunately go up.

I’m not looking to make a penny on this, so if I do wind up with a few extra cents or bucks—I’ll be donating it to “Tread Lightly!” a group that supports our rights to safely, legally, and environmentally consciously take our rigs off road where they’re (and we’re) the happiest. If I can attribute the small donation to a person or group; it will of course be The Yellow Can Club.

I’ll provide my Venmo, PayPal, Square Cash, and Apple Cash details in my PMs to those of you who voted so you can easily send me the $ for your stickers. I’m hoping y’all have at least one of those options. If not—we can work something else out.

Good job!!!..
.:like: a collective group thanks to Jay for stepping up and making this real. :clap:

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Eco on order.
What’s the update on the yellow can stickers. My reps still at the dealer. 560 miles and 3rd trip there. New pcm and neg battery terminal still have dead throttle when it feels like it.

Fredski007

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD I 2018 Dynamax DX3 motorhome
Occupation
Retired
Window sticker showed up today 3/21/20. Fingers crossed that means KZ status.
Hay Jeff, got mine today also! Want to stay positive but can’t cross my fingers because I’m way too old, they might get stuck there! Ordered on 2/17/20 in arizona. What are your particulars?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
What’s the update on the yellow can stickers. My reps still at the dealer. 560 miles and 3rd trip there. New pcm and neg battery terminal still have dead throttle when it feels like it.
Maddening...the fact that it’s a computer/electrical issue you can’t wrench yourself just adds insult to the injury of having a brand new vehicle go haywire. @toolaide4fit any word on that spreadsheet to track these?

gnome

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.... 1994 base YJ .......... 2006 Dakota ..... ..... 2020 Sahara 3.0D
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
Thanks for the update...even if it is not good news.
:( a new module cures 90% of the most likely problems, and grounds the other 10%.... an intermittent defect in the throttle actuator...
dunno.gif
.... It would seem like, with everything being software controlled, the dealer would have a diagnostic program to plug into the obd2 port, for you to ride with and capture system parameters at the time of malfunction. Looking for stored codes is not the same as running a dedicated program to scan designated I/O's. Nothing is random, it only looks that way until you have data for a pattern.

LotaBoot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLU EcoDiesel (built : waiting on delivery)
Occupation
Digital Product Experience Designer
Here are the final Charter Member Badges. They are already on the presses, assuming there aren't any interruptions due to COVID-19, I should have them sometime next week.
One minor amendment to the results I wrote about last night. The one that the vast majority of people didn't like was the VERTICAL can with text UNDER it.

A huge thanks to @gnome for proposing the Yellow Can Club in the first place. And a huge thanks and tip of the hat to @toolaide4fit for doing all the leg work to "herd the cats" prior to me even finding this great thread. I'm just standing on their shoulders.

I will PM those who voted today to talk payment and shipping logistics (y'all get first crack at the badges as a thank you for participating):
@mccallj
@Eeshasdon
@TejasJeep
@szech713
@vsav8r
@GtX
@1kayak
@JMillJr24
@Beestmode
@ClackyJeep
@LuvscoutII
@JeepRegulator
@Bravo
@DaveTPhD
@Gonzanc
@Azbigbear
@crownergis
@19JTRubiconEcoDiesel
@JRMedic19
@Csarcon
@Jeff
@toolaide4fit
@Tony.JL3.0
@PitCrawler
@Ruri
@Gman53
@Bud90
@RedDevil17
@onepluto
@AdvEddie
@Adventure davegrave
@Odom
@Dasher320
@G-Dog15
@Jeep It
@BuffaloBill
@2020 Diesel JL
@Fredski007
@JLURD
@Big Rob
@DIESELD
@JP3.0
@EXT 3.0D
@gnome

results.jpg

nforkjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel / 2020 JLURD Delivered !
Picked my JLURD yesterday from Craig @ Koons Jeep, BEAUTIFUL! That was a long wait from 10/14. Craig was great to work with, great price, in and out in under 2 hours, got a good discount on MaxCare warranty, full tank of DIESEL, can't get any better than that.

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager

That is AWESOME! Really appreciate you taking this on and bring it to completion!

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Picked my JLURD yesterday from Craig @ Koons Jeep, BEAUTIFUL! That was a long wait from 10/14. Craig was great to work with, great price, in and out in under 2 hours, got a good discount on MaxCare warranty, full tank of DIESEL, can't get any better than that.

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg
Congrats! Moving you to "Delivered!"

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Maddening...the fact that it’s a computer/electrical issue you can’t wrench yourself just adds insult to the injury of having a brand new vehicle go haywire. @toolaide4fit any word on that spreadsheet to track these?
Forgot all about it...will work on it the next day or so! Been busy putting mods on the Jeep and got distracted! LOL! Butting new front bumper and winch on today. Running wires for remote fuse block in the back and installing the ARB Twin compressors...making it modular in the back so I can take it out...bought a 1 gallon tank and regulator also...not sure what I am going to mount them on or even in a portable pack.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Here are the final Charter Member Badges. They are already on the presses, assuming there aren't any interruptions due to COVID-19, I should have them sometime next week.
One minor amendment to the results I wrote about last night. The one that the vast majority of people didn't like was the VERTICAL can with text UNDER it.

A huge thanks to @gnome for proposing the Yellow Can Club in the first place. And a huge thanks and tip of the hat to @toolaide4fit for doing all the leg work to "herd the cats" prior to me even finding this great thread. I'm just standing on their shoulders.

I will PM those who voted today to talk payment and shipping logistics (y'all get first crack at the badges as a thank you for participating):
@mccallj
@Eeshasdon
@TejasJeep
@szech713
@vsav8r
@GtX
@1kayak
@JMillJr24
@Beestmode
@ClackyJeep
@LuvscoutII
@JeepRegulator
@Bravo
@DaveTPhD
@Gonzanc
@Azbigbear
@crownergis
@19JTRubiconEcoDiesel
@JRMedic19
@Csarcon
@Jeff
@toolaide4fit
@Tony.JL3.0
@PitCrawler
@Ruri
@Gman53
@Bud90
@RedDevil17
@onepluto
@AdvEddie
@Adventure davegrave
@Odom
@Dasher320
@G-Dog15
@Jeep It
@BuffaloBill
@2020 Diesel JL
@Fredski007
@JLURD
@Big Rob
@DIESELD
@JP3.0
@EXT 3.0D
@gnome

results.jpg

Stickers came out good, great job on taking it over. All of the choices would have been good either way

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg
awesome another Early order delivery, Congrats
Sponsored