First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Don’t let them wash it, they will swirl up your paint pretty good. If that sort of thing doesn’t bother you then I guess it doesn’t matter, but to me it does, I do detailing on the side and I did not let them touch one thing. Drove it home with all the plastic on the seats and whatnot. I will spend 2 1/2 to 3 full days doing a complete detail and ceramic coating myself, and the less swirls I have to buff out the better.
Told them not to wash mine but they did, took 5 hours to get the swirls out before ceramic coating it. Don't let them wash it if you are getting a ceramic coating.
Sponsored

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
There are no changes to the spreadsheet so I will not be posting one tonight...last night is it.
I'm curious I have the build sheet link however the tracker still says my build sheet is unavailable. Any idea?

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
So I’m about a week away from getting my diesel. Any suggestions or pointers. Dealer wash or no wash. Anything at all let me know. Thanks.
From experience always check out a new vehicle very closely. I didn't and it cost me thousands for a attorney. From what I have learned reading this thread is to check all the fuses to make sure they are seated properly. NEVER pick up a new vehicle that is sitting in the rain or in the dark. you will not be able to see paint damage or if something was repainted before you got to it. Being a diesel I would want to see if there is a way to check the hours on the engine not just the miles. If somewhere along its trip to the dealer it sat idling for an extended period I would want a forced regen performed by the dealer to clean the DPF

Sponsored

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No problem, just tried to pay some homage to our rigs’ battle-hardened history. To each his own.

I’m a noob here—speaking of battle-hardened, I know some of you have been waiting on your rigs for going on 5+ months.
I LIKE IT

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the welcome!

Happy to help out if y’all need/want it for final touch-ups. As far as materials, Stickermule offers a wide variety of materials. Different materials/styles can be made to give everyone options for final applications.

I’m still waiting for me JLRUD. It was built last Thursday, waiting for inspection.
Jay,
I have made this offer before to use my company's vinyl gut and I would pay for the decals I just need the final decision. I like yours the best but Iits not my decision. I also have an idea on shipping. We can list them on Ebay and put a stupid reserve on them with make offer. If someone from the post orders we confirm with their username they provide and this post. Accept the shipping cost only and then you have their shipping address, name and payment for the shipping. I can help there if needed or have one of the people in the office take care of it. I hope we don't talk about this as long as some have waited for their JLRUD.

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what you mean by "front and front side angle". Here's a couple shots from today. It's finally sunny. Amazing the difference in this color depending on the angle of the sun.

IMG_0294.jpg
IMG_0297.jpg
I ordered the same color and wanted to get an idea of it with that color with the bumper. I like it. Were you able to use the OEM fog lights?

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
Saw my first JLURD in the wild today. Very sharp looking Rubicon...Additionally I made a quick placeholder video montage for www.year1diesel.com ...let me know what you think (keeping in mind I used a couple old cell phones and some free video software on an ancient linux machine).

20200315_193759.jpg

Sponsored

HamChuck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 YJ 2.5l / 2020 JLUD Willy Sport
Got my window sticker late last night, so I contacted Jeep Chat. John Robert told me my Sarge Green Willy was released to shipping with no ETA. I guess that is KZ-L status. Almost perfect timing. The 1994 YJ blew it’s water pump this afternoon on the way to work. Fortunately I have one sitting in my critical spare parts box, but still needed to rent a truck to get to work. Hopefully I can get the new one installed tomorrow.

Attachments

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
For y'alls consideration.
This is just a low-res version for review. The original file is vector.
Small detail: I gave Eugene 7 teeth to match
yellow-can-club_lottaboot.jpg
his namesake's grille.

View attachment 292713
This is awesome. I'd be interested in seeing workup with and w/out Eugene. But, this definitely gets my vote.

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
I know this is probably beating a dead horse at this point. But for everyone that hasn't checked yet, don't forget to check your fuse box for loose fuses. I honestly just forgot to check up to this point. But after only two trail rides with a few mild rock crawling sections, a bunch of different warning lights came on. At first I thought I broke something after trail testing the skid plates more than a few times and then I finally remembered that I hadn't checked the fuses yet. I ended up finding that more than half of the fuses were loose, most of those audibly clicked into place, and a few were loose enough to toggle back and forth. One was completely out of its socket and lying on its side. Hopefully I put it back in the right place but after I pushed them all in, the warning lights all went away. This loose fuse things has been a known issue out of the factory for many Jeeps so don't forget to check!
Finally got my jeep home and checked this. More than half my fuses were loose and a couple of them almost out.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
This thread has 279 pages so far and I did not read all of them.

Not sure if this article has already been posted? It's a very positive article about the diesel JLU.

Something I did not realize but I am sure it's been mentioned before. You get more then just a diesel motor for the cost of the diesel. I did not know all diesels got a heavier duty transmission from the Ram and the Dana 44 axles from the Rubicon. Even the diesel Sport and Sahara get the Rubicon axles. That upgraded equipment makes the cost of the diesel a better value for the premium cost.

This is a direct quote from the article.

"Some of the Jeep’s drivetrain components just couldn’t handle the additional twist, including its standard six-speed manual and ZF-supplied 850RE eight-speed automatic. To fix this every Wrangler EcoDiesel gets ZF’s beefier 8HP75 automatic, the same eight-speed used in the Ram, and diesel-powered Sport and Sahara models use tougher Dana 44 axles front and rear from the Rubicon, along with a 3.73:1 gear ratio."

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vi...esel-powered-jeep-wrangler-expensive-but-good
Sponsored