Sponsored

Start of 3.0 Production

G-Dog15

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon on order.
id contact local TV News and Radio. Hit all the social Media. Give a new dealer all the kind of publicity they don’t want. You’ve got nothing to lose.

I just got a status update that is different from Jeep Chat:

Good afternoon Glenn

What the system shows is that your Bikini Rubicon is that it is in the build process currently in the paint stage of the build. There is no other information showing at this time.

Thank you for allowing FCA Customer Care an opportunity to address your inquiry.

Our primary focus is your satisfaction. I apologize we were disconnected during our live chat session.

If you need further assistance, please chat us back or you can contact us at 1-800-992-1997.

Thank you for choosing Jeep

Randy
FCA Customer Care

Let’s see what happens.
Well more good news on Chat this morning from Mathew;

Mathew
Congratulations on the purchase of the Wrangler Glenn and thank you for the VIN and address information. The Wrangler has finished the primary build and it is currently in the inspection phase. After this, if there are additional packages or equipment that need to be installed, it will move into that process. Otherwise it will be ready to enter into the ship phase. At this time I would suggest allowing a week to pass then contact us back for an update, but we are available 24/7 if you do want to contact us back sooner.

yes it’s actually happening. Finally.
Sponsored

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am leaving today to Take my son to NYC and DC for his 8th grade trip. He wanted me to take him instead of going with his class... best part is we got White House tours and his class didn’t... So I have the next week of no worries about when my Jeep will arrive. Let’s hope some more deliveries take place for you guys in the time being. I was told to expect my Jeep to arrive by the 12th and we return on the 14th so we will see.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
The guy I spoke to said they price match for 30 days and if I wanted to buy anything now and it went on sale on Saturday then they would refund me the money, I would imagine that may take some time, so I may either order online or walk in, digging throught my brain to see what I can talk myself into buying, as of right now I am only saving 18 bucks on the hitch, which is not worth the driver and loss of my morning, but I am confident I can talk myself into some Rigid lights or something
Actually, consumer law usually requires all retailers to refund the difference if it goes on sale within 30 days. I have purchased TVs and computers from Best Buy and then gone back when they went on sale. Some places will issue a refund and recharge you and others will refund the difference...just depends on the retailer.

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
what kind of mileage are you seeing now being on 37’s? I plan on going straight to 35’s curious as to what we will be seeing
I'm around 22 with mix of city and hwy. If its all city it will drop to 18/19. If mostly highway, im 26/27

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice list of upgrades you have installed. Can you tell me who makes the leather dash inserts. I was looking at Mopar and they show the leather dash kit for 3018-3019 JL and 2020 gladiators. Is it the same part number for the 2020 rubicon ? How difficult is it to install? Thanks
Thank you! The leather dash is Mopar and is from the Launch edition for the Gladiators. I've listed the part numbers below and a video I watched on how to install. The installation wasn't bad at all, but tedious. I would suggest buying some trim pullers from amazon (listed below) and taking your time. You dont want to break clips or lose clips. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me

I got the part numbers, tool suggestions and how to video all from this forum! What a wealth of information.

Part Numbers: 6AC241R3AA & 6AC261R3AD (shop around. I think I paid 375 shipped for both)

Trim puller tools: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M3SP84D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Installation video:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's amazing! Been on 37's for about 550 miles with no issues. It has exceeded my expectations and I'm at the point where I'm giddy to drive it all the time.

So far, I've installed the following:
-Leather dash with matching red stitching
-Warn EVO 10s
-Warn Winch Plate
-Factor 55 E link with rope guard
-Warn Epic fairlead (1.5"_
-Amazon door striker latch covers
-Diode dynamics clear side markers
-Baja Designs XL80 on the Ace Risers wired to aux switches
-JCR Grill guard
-Maximus 3 trim filler plate (covers frame rails exposed after winch install)
-Tuffy security Deck
-15lb power tank on top of the tuffy security deck
-AVS rock guard
-Quadratech sill protection
-Teraflex spacer (1" rear only for now) to gain back the height i lost from gear/tools in the rear.

Have but need to install:
-Steer Smarts Track bar
-Steer Smarts Drag link with griffen attenuator
-Steer Smarts tie rod
-Synergy steering box support
-Rear track bar bracket

EDIT:

I updated the spacers to the installed section as I completed that last night. Also added the Warn Epic fairlead (1.5") and door striker latch covers as I left that off of the list originally and added the rear track bar bracket since I left that off as well.

Here is a list of planned upgrades below since I have gotten a couple of PMs about it.

To do in future:
-RSE electric sliders
-2.5" lift from Evo or Accutune with all 8 adjustable control arms (waiting on them to come out with the diesel springs)
-(2) Baja designs LP9 on the front bumper wired to Aux switches
-Dana Spicer diff covers (front and rear)
- Falcon Nexus 2.2 EF steering stabilizer (apparently you need an equal force steering stabilizer if you are running the griffen attenuator to avoid the steering wheel pushing to one side)

To anyone who cares, I updated my list I originally posted. This is kind of a bookmark for me for when I finally get around to taking pics and doing a rig build post and post for the 3.0 mods.

TPJULR3.0D

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC AT4 Diesel
Thank you! The leather dash is Mopar and is from the Launch edition for the Gladiators. I've listed the part numbers below and a video I watched on how to install. The installation wasn't bad at all, but tedious. I would suggest buying some trim pullers from amazon (lined below) and taking your time. You dont want to break clips or lose clips. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me

I got the part numbers, tool suggestions and how to video all from this forum! What a wealth of information.

Part Numbers: 6AC241R3AA & 6AC261R3AD (shop around. I think I paid 375 shipped for both)

Trim puller tools: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M3SP84D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Installation video:
Thank you for the information . Are you happy with how the dash looks ? The next part of your build looks like you are upgrading the steering system. Can you tell me your knowledge of what the upgrades to the steering system will accomplish, the reason I am interested is because I will be using my diesel for daily commute and I really want to improve the ride and steering, of course with in the limits of the fact that it is a solid axle and ball joints . . If you were to make it a pavement princess with a attitude , what would you recommend to do as upgrades . I am new to the Jeep world any thoughts on size of tires , height of lift , shocks , steering etc would be great. Buying a Jeep reminds me of the Harley’s that I have bought and customized . By the time you get finished with the build , you have enough original manufactured parts left over to start building a second bike . Lol here I go again , I can see the potential of the customizing of the diesel . Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Tom

Pootytanger

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Called Jeep, after 2 weeks I’ve finally moved past “I” status into “JS” status today. Shipped to storage. The race is on for me getting it before the 6 month mark...

Sponsored

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the information . Are you happy with how the dash looks ? The next part of your build looks like you are upgrading the steering system. Can you tell me your knowledge of what the upgrades to the steering system will accomplish, the reason I am interested is because I will be using my diesel for daily commute and I really want to improve the ride and steering, of course with in the limits of the fact that it is a solid axle and ball joints . . If you were to make it a pavement princess with a attitude , what would you recommend to do as upgrades . I am new to the Jeep world any thoughts on size of tires , height of lift , shocks , steering etc would be great. Buying a Jeep reminds me of the Harley’s that I have bought and customized . By the time you get finished with the build , you have enough original manufactured parts left over to start building a second bike . Lol here I go again , I can see the potential of the customizing of the diesel . Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Tom
I love how the dash looks! I think it is something that should come as standard or an option for rubicons. It is much more refined and easier on the eyes.

With regards to the steering, there are countless threads on here about the steering with the JLs being poor and death wobble from the factory. I have extensive experience with jeeps and know what has worked for me in the past with regards to tightening up the steering and beefing up those components for abuse offroad. The upgrades I listed for the steering will accomplish both goals as the parts are much beefier. It sounds like yours might be a pavement princess and while some might cringe, I think that is perfectly okay. It's your jeep, no one elses, so when people chime in about not using it for what was intended, just ignore them and do what makes you happy.

I am running 37" tires on a rubicon with no lift, so in its current state, it is relegated to on road travel at all times since the tire size would result in rubbing if flexed much at all. Keep in mind if you dont have a rubicon, this tire size will not work stock as the rubicons have highline fenders allowing for a larger tire up front, other models do not. With my rubi, I added 1" in the rear to offset the sag from the factory along with the sag from the added recovery gear, tools, etc. I lost 3/4 of an inch and wanted to gain that back while I wait on the lift kits for the diesels. All that to say, the suspension is essentially stock and rides the exact same as it did the day I picked it up.

With regards to lift for a 37" tire on a rubicon, you essentially have several options:

1) leave it stock and know that you cant flex more than a steep driveway without rubbing the rear inner liner. Some people on this forum have gone this route and will keep it as such since they dont offroad. Again, it's their jeep and if they dont want to offroad it, that is their prerogative.

2) Utilize a 2.5" suspension lift. This will clear the tires and still allow you to articulate the suspension with minor rubbing at full flex. If you go this route, be sure to upgrade your control arms (at the very least front and rear lower control arms). I would suggest adjustable to set the castor at or around ~6.5*, which will help with the wandering feeling driving down the road. Also, on the rear, the adjustable control arms allow you to set the wheel/tire center of the wheel well. If you dont replace the rear lower control arms for the rear with longer ones, your wheel and tire will be off center towards the front of the jeep. I dont think this looks right, so I've always changed them out. Benefits include those listed, stronger parts and better bushings for articulation.

3) Use a 3.5" suspension lift. You run into more issues the higher you go and this is no exception. Again there are countless threads on this topic and the short of it is you will need a new front drive shaft and potentially look at having to do a drag link flip kit to get the steering geometry correct so you dont have a "flighty" jeep at speed.

4) use a budget boost lift, which essentially is putting large spacers and shock extensions on your current springs to get you the desired look. I wouldnt go this route as it is not my cup of tea, but again, if it is a pavement princess, then this might be a good option to save money. However, if you are going in the 2.5" range, I would still recommend changing out your control arms to get a good ride and steering because the same geometry issues come into play no matter how you are lifting the suspension.

*I wont get into body lift as I dont believe this is a good option and its something I will never do again on any vehicle.

CONCLUSION:

Sorry for waxing poetic, but there are numerous items to think about when lifting a vehicle in order to get it to drive and function well. With regards to recommendations, I would recommend everything I have listed with regards to steering as the stock rubicon steering utilizes weak parts that are either bad from the factory or prone to early failure even on stock applications. Needless to say, adding 37s and a lift would exacerbate these issues. I am the type that wants to do it once, do it right, and not have to worry about it down the road, so I do what I can to get it right from the beginning. Tire size will be your preference, but I just think 37s look more proportional and is the route I went with.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if anyone has any experience with the Tread Lightly discount? I figure since I'm probably over a month out for delivery still I would have time to apply, but I'm curious if this would could be combined with Friends/Family discount which I'm already using. I wouldn't mind donating anyway, so I may just sign up either way, but would be nice to put the extra savings to some upgrades if I can get an additional discount.

G-Dog15

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon on order.
It’s my understanding that these are the same discount. It’s just how you qualify for it. I have the FCA supplier discount which is the same thing and goes to the same website. Typically discounts are not stacked it’s one or the other. If there were incentives(Rebates) then they will apply them as well. Unfortunately there is no incentive rebate on the JLU’s currently.
If you have to pay to join tread lightly then you may be donating for nothing more than being a good hearted person.

TPJULR3.0D

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC AT4 Diesel
I love how the dash looks! I think it is something that should come as standard or an option for rubicons. It is much more refined and easier on the eyes.

With regards to the steering, there are countless threads on here about the steering with the JLs being poor and death wobble from the factory. I have extensive experience with jeeps and know what has worked for me in the past with regards to tightening up the steering and beefing up those components for abuse offroad. The upgrades I listed for the steering will accomplish both goals as the parts are much beefier. It sounds like yours might be a pavement princess and while some might cringe, I think that is perfectly okay. It's your jeep, no one elses, so when people chime in about not using it for what was intended, just ignore them and do what makes you happy.

I am running 37" tires on a rubicon with no lift, so in its current state, it is relegated to on road travel at all times since the tire size would result in rubbing if flexed much at all. Keep in mind if you dont have a rubicon, this tire size will not work stock as the rubicons have highline fenders allowing for a larger tire up front, other models do not. With my rubi, I added 1" in the rear to offset the sag from the factory along with the sag from the added recovery gear, tools, etc. I lost 3/4 of an inch and wanted to gain that back while I wait on the lift kits for the diesels. All that to say, the suspension is essentially stock and rides the exact same as it did the day I picked it up.

With regards to lift for a 37" tire on a rubicon, you essentially have several options:

1) leave it stock and know that you cant flex more than a steep driveway without rubbing the rear inner liner. Some people on this forum have gone this route and will keep it as such since they dont offroad. Again, it's their jeep and if they dont want to offroad it, that is their prerogative.

2) Utilize a 2.5" suspension lift. This will clear the tires and still allow you to articulate the suspension with minor rubbing at full flex. If you go this route, be sure to upgrade your control arms (at the very least front and rear lower control arms). I would suggest adjustable to set the castor at or around ~6.5*, which will help with the wandering feeling driving down the road. Also, on the rear, the adjustable control arms allow you to set the wheel/tire center of the wheel well. If you dont replace the rear lower control arms for the rear with longer ones, your wheel and tire will be off center towards the front of the jeep. I dont think this looks right, so I've always changed them out. Benefits include those listed, stronger parts and better bushings for articulation.

3) Use a 3.5" suspension lift. You run into more issues the higher you go and this is no exception. Again there are countless threads on this topic and the short of it is you will need a new front drive shaft and potentially look at having to do a drag link flip kit to get the steering geometry correct so you dont have a "flighty" jeep at speed.

4) use a budget boost lift, which essentially is putting large spacers and shock extensions on your current springs to get you the desired look. I wouldnt go this route as it is not my cup of tea, but again, if it is a pavement princess, then this might be a good option to save money. However, if you are going in the 2.5" range, I would still recommend changing out your control arms to get a good ride and steering because the same geometry issues come into play no matter how you are lifting the suspension.

*I wont get into body lift as I dont believe this is a good option and its something I will never do again on any vehicle.

CONCLUSION:

Sorry for waxing poetic, but there are numerous items to think about when lifting a vehicle in order to get it to drive and function well. With regards to recommendations, I would recommend everything I have listed with regards to steering as the stock rubicon steering utilizes weak parts that are either bad from the factory or prone to early failure even on stock applications. Needless to say, adding 37s and a lift would exacerbate these issues. I am the type that wants to do it once, do it right, and not have to worry about it down the road, so I do what I can to get it right from the beginning. Tire size will be your preference, but I just think 37s look more proportional and is the route I went with.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Thank you , I tried to order a Sahara in nov . Still listed in Tom’s spread sheet . I Had the dealer cancel it and I reordered a rubicon . The Sahara still has not made it to D1 . My rubicon has at least been in D1 for a week . I also like to do it right the first time . So I am trying to put a upgrade together that will improve my daily ride . I know there are better choices for a daily driver , but I am excited about having my first Jeep as a diesel . Do you think building it off of 35” tires is a better choice for pavement traveling ? Thanks for all your input