First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
The RSE steps are second gen. I grew up with the owner and can tell you he knows what he’s doing. Owns a very successful machine shop besides RSE, is a former professional snowmobile hill climber and has been a motor head since he was a kid. He drives what he sells and beats his stuff as hard as anyone I know. I have a set of the steps waiting for my damn Jeep to show up. Nothing against the AMP step or others but keep in mind the RSE are built as a full functioning rock slider with a step....they will take the full weight of the Jeep. I may be wrong but I think the others are steps only and not meant to be used as sliders. Not everyone needs sliders but if you’re hitting the nasty trails ins southern Utah or others around the country you may want to consider this fact. The motors in the RSE’s can be replaced pretty easily if need be.
I verified today that the RSE's for the JL are Gen 2s. I am sold on them and that is why I ordered them...I don't know where I will be going in the future, but I got the rock sliders too to make sure there is not problem if I do over a level 5 trail. They can handle rock sliding, but I wanted to make sure I have the extra protection. Should have mine next week. They have the steps and the lights, waiting on the sliders to get here.
Sponsored

Mtngreen4wd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR, ‘96 XJ
I verified today that the RSE's for the JL are Gen 2s. I am sold on them and that is why I ordered them...I don't know where I will be going in the future, but I got the rock sliders too to make sure there is not problem if I do over a level 5 trail. They can handle rock sliding, but I wanted to make sure I have the extra protection. Should have mine next week. They have the steps and the lights, waiting on the sliders to get here.
Living in Utah, I will be wheeling in Moab quite a bit so these are the only option for me with a 3.5” lift and 37s. My wife and kids can’t get in a Jeep that big without a good step. The RSEs are awesome. I toured the production facility back in December when I went home for Christmas and picked up the steps and additional armor plate.

gnome

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.... 1994 base YJ .......... 2006 Dakota ..... ..... 2020 Sahara 3.0D
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
For anyone in the Dallas area, I will be at 4Wheel Parts in Dallas at about 12:00pm Saturday with my Jeep. Then headed to Wylie for a Tattoo at 3:00. Let me know if anyone wants to meet!
?tattoo of a yellow can?

DIESELD

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco-Diesel, ordered 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Eco-Diesel
Not sure, Emily at JC couldn't/wouldn't give status. First time an ETA had been given.
I got Emily today too. She wouldn’t give me an ETA tho.

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
I got Emily today too. She wouldn’t give me an ETA tho.
I can't remember who I got today on Jeep Chat, but I reached out to them since it was the 5th and I was supposed to have gotten an update by now. Basically told me the same thing they told me on Feb 5th, that they have all the pieces and I'm scheduled for production. I pointed that out but they said that this time I am scheduled for production but they could not give me an estimated build date...Getting nervous that I won't see this by mid April.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
He is a manager at Jeep...he is defending them on some of the things...like I told him, when Jeep doesn't respond we are left to make our own conclusions...right or wrong.
He’s a joke...no reasonable answer for builds that are over 50,000 VINs out of sequence...why? Because there is no excuse and he works within a company culture which has placed customer service far down the list of priorities since the bailout. Our elected representatives decided we should all collectively pay for this trash...it’s a wonder how they still manage to make a decent product.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I can’t get a feeling for where my build status is at. Says the build is complete and has been shipped to storage waiting to be shipped or for more inspections. Since they won’t give a code I’m not sure what it is. I’m thinking it’s still in I as I have not seen my build sheet populate. I would think if in JB or JS I’d see a build sheet populate.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
He’s a joke...no reasonable answer for builds that are over 50,000 VINs out of sequence...why? Because there is no excuse and he works within a company culture which has placed customer service far down the list of priorities since the bailout. Our elected representatives decided we should all collectively pay for this trash...it’s a wonder how they still manage to make a decent product.
I had no expectations he would accept or understand our position and did exactly as I expected...from a leadership perspective he never recognized our situation and dismissed our position. He said it didn't happen then admitted it did.

Thank God I had no expectations...that way I am not disappointed! The way to make things better is to accept other's position and strive to understand other's perspective and strive to make them better. Being butt hurt and telling us we are wrong just speaks volumes about him and the culture that got them into trouble to begin with.

Sponsored

Marbles

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR - 2020 JLURD ordered
What dealer are you going throught? you have me thinking as I also ordered my rig from a dealer in O.C., I hope it is not the same one or I am in trouble, if I happen to be lucky enough to not be dealing with the same place than maybe you want to reach out to them, I dealt with Rob at San Juan Capistrano dealership and he was very upfront about offering all forum members 5% below invoice, no hassle at all, you also dont have to use his finincing, some have gotten down to 7% from what I read, but that is mostly out of state (I am in California), I did not want to travel to get 1 or 2% extra off, just doesnt seem worth it to me.

It would be great help to know the dealer you have this problem with, that way we are all aware to not deal with businesses that don't care about the commitments made to a customer.
@Csarcon I found where he posted a POC, https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/start-of-3-0-production.39520/page-184#post-1025078, it is Courtesy CDJ which is now Coastline CDJ. :swear: As if waiting four months for a jeep to be built wasn't bad enough, now this...

@Sosos68 Who was your salesman?

EDIT: Rob (Salesman) contacted and replied pricing is being honored, will update this post if that happens to change when I pick up the JL.

Last edited:

HamChuck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 YJ 2.5l / 2020 JLUD Willy Sport
Tonight's spreadsheet!
Can you add me? I ordered a Diesel Willy Sport (Yeah I didn’t think you get a Willy Sport with the 3.0 but there it is) in Sarge Green in 2/24/20. Last six of VIN is 293799. Thanks!

Attachments

baxmando 71

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 JKUR 98 Cherokee 1968 mustang convertible
Can you add me? I ordered a Diesel Willy Sport (Yeah I didn’t think you get a Willy Sport with the 3.0 but there it is) in Sarge Green in 2/24/20. Last six of VIN is 293799. Thanks!
Good another TX jeep. I got a call from jeep chat yesterday she said mine was in storage so i called my salesman to see if that was right and without telling him about the call he checked his computer and made a couple of phone calls told me the same thing . So I guess I'am waiting on a load to get put together to head south. I ordered on 1/02/2020 vin # 256198

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Got email this am stating my Jeep is in JS status, also build sheet populated this am as well.
Sponsored