Start of 3.0 Production

Phillies1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler TJ, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I've got bad news from my salesman, the dealership I ordered my rig has a new ownership and they don't honor the quote I have , they want sticker price or more , my order should get here in a week. Looks like I have to start all over again.
That's terrible news, truly sorry especially after waiting! Definitely put that dealership on blast, and personally go in and make a scene. I'm a pretty laid back guy, but I would definitely talk to the sales manager and owner, and if you don't get satisfaction then create enough of a problem where other customers walk. I'd also reach out to people in the spreadsheet who have bought and are within driving distance to see if they got a decent deal. The dealer I went with is is 3 hours south of me (I live in NJ and traveling to VA when it comes in) me but the deal is worth it.

Sorry about the trouble, please keep us updated how you make out.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Days like today make me wonder how low Jeep’s testing temps for these things go...one thing is for certain...if the coolant ever hit operating temp it was going to be a WHILE, because it stopped climbing about where it reads here.

07DC2696-1D6F-4B6F-9AC4-B797C9FB7935.jpeg
Just another balmy day in paradise.

Sponsored

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Just got back from getting the rock slider power steps on. Damn they are slick. I’ll get some pix tomorrow in the daylight. There is a little noise on deploy and return, just enough noise to tell you they opened/closed. No noise or rattle while driving. The wife has no problem getting in tank now. Not sure about longevity, but for now, I recommend.

runjhike

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
I've got bad news from my salesman, the dealership I ordered my rig has a new ownership and they don't honor the quote I have , they want sticker price or more , my order should get here in a week. Looks like I have to start all over again.
i don’t know what your deal was. I see some folks here getting pretty good cuts below invoice. I don’t see that lasting because I think the diesel is going to be in high demand once they hit dealers. I tried working a deal at my dealer based on the fact that I’ve bought over $300k in vehicles from them in 3 years but they didn’t give a shit. In anticipation of that happening i had already joined tread lightly. Once I showed them that they immediately went from 1% above invoice to 1% below. My understanding is they have to honor the tread lightly program so try that unless you had a deal much better than that previously but I don’t foresee big deals continuing with diesels. That’s my $.02 for what it’s worth. Good luck.

mccallj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 CTS-V Wagon, Pending '20 JLURD
Window sticker just showed up online. I guess it’s getting real! Might see it this month and I’ll try to confirm a delivery date tomorrow.

Sponsored

mccallj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 CTS-V Wagon, Pending '20 JLURD
Just got back from getting the rock slider power steps on. Damn they are slick. I’ll get some pix tomorrow in the daylight. There is a little noise on deploy and return, just enough noise to tell you they opened/closed. No noise or rattle while driving. The wife has no problem getting in tank now. Not sure about longevity, but for now, I recommend.
Been considering those since the wife (and kids) are vertically challenged but their durability concerns me long term. Glad to hear you like them! The alternatives are the various rock sliders that also serve as a step. I now need to get serious about pulling the trigger on those plus all my other first round of mods.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am in Orange County, California.
my dealer has been good to me so far, if you dong mind driving south about an hour and a half. Let me know I can get you in contact with my salesman

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Arrived at dealership yesterday and it's now in my garage! :handsinair: Thanks for Mike Clinnin @ Mall of Georgia Chrysler Dodge Jeep! He can get you a great deal!

upload_2020-3-4_21-16-24.png

upload_2020-3-4_21-16-41.png
AWESOME! Congrats! Love another delivery and another positive iteration with a dealer.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Figured some may get a kick out of this

FBD4CD53-37D7-4B4C-948C-6AD881575050.png
Here is my response, I truly hope he has some real information that can be verified. I look forward to see it.
  • Tom Hoffmann
    _ZvGTxrlsmm.png
    Scott Blum sure would like to see your data and where it comes from? If you think the data of over 100 plus people is wrong I would love to see something that explains things? Please let me know, all of us would love an explanation!
    2m
  • Tom Hoffmann
    _ZvGTxrlsmm.png
    Forgot to mention, these are Diesel orders only.
  • Tom Hoffmann
    _ZvGTxrlsmm.png
    Travis Maynard Not a worry, would love to hear from experts that have better data. Couldn't seem to get FCA to give us a straight answer...looking forward to finally hearing so real information that Scott has that we don't.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Can't wait to see them! I just ordered mine tonight...also got the slider skid plates and lights too. Supposedly, if you pair them with the skid plates they are rated for the Rubicon Trail. Did you get the skid plates too?
Sponsored