Start of 3.0 Production

Phillies1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler TJ, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Days like today make me wonder how low Jeep’s testing temps for these things go...one thing is for certain...if the coolant ever hit operating temp it was going to be a WHILE, because it stopped climbing about where it reads here.

07DC2696-1D6F-4B6F-9AC4-B797C9FB7935.jpeg
Damn, now that's cold! And I thought January & February gets cold in NJ...definitely a reality check! I'd have to keep the gas tank over half and keep an emergency kit in the Jeep <shiver!>
Sponsored

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
It is possible, but probably smart not to count on that one. I don't have you on our tracking spreadsheet. If you can provide me the Vehicle Order Sheet I will be happy to add you.

Also, if you look at the previous tracking spreadsheets (should be one every day) you will find several tabs that are helpful. There is one on "Tracking Your Build" and "Vin Codes"

Tracking your build will give you helpful hints on how to find out where you Rig is and what the status codes mean...Jeep Cares doesn't provide status codes anymore, but your dealer can. Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks! I’ve actually been using the tracker on the forums. It located my build but still no build sheet or sticker. Here is my order sheet.

C2EA4653-0FAB-4714-9566-6184CBBD275F.jpeg

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Damn, now that's cold! And I thought January & February gets cold in NJ...definitely a reality check! I'd have to keep the gas tank over half and keep an emergency kit in the Jeep <shiver!>
And I thought I was chilly at 55 degrees....no thank you!

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
I look at that spreadsheet every Day - Stat Nut here and appreciate you taking the time. I will send you my order sheet - I ordered on 10/10/19, don't quite remember when the Build sheet was posted, Window sticker posted this morning
Got ya added!

Sponsored

Eeshasdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Rubicon
James, Nice to see your having a warm spring day! I talked to my kid last week in Green Bay and it was only -6. Global warming, go figure!

JLUR3.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ETA TBD: ‘20 JLUR 3.0D
Just got a phone call from Jeep Wave Customer Care out of the blue telling me about the EGR issue we’ve known about for a while but the big surprise was our JLUR3.0 is in G stage-Trim

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
Days like today make me wonder how low Jeep’s testing temps for these things go...one thing is for certain...if the coolant ever hit operating temp it was going to be a WHILE, because it stopped climbing about where it reads here.

07DC2696-1D6F-4B6F-9AC4-B797C9FB7935.jpeg
I was wondering if FCA would be supplying us in the colder climates with something to reduce airflow through the grill. On the Ram Eco they provided a fabric grill cover with four openings. Some of the later covers (mine is a 2014) had Velcro flaps to allow closing some or all of those openings. Mine has no flaps. I have a 21 mile commute to work. On a cold morning, say -10°F, it will not quite reach it's "normal" coolant temp of 203°F. If it's 10°F above, it will reach normal temp after about 17 miles of mostly 60mph highway. I'm a believer in having the engine reach normal temps.

I'm still in status "F". Been there for going on 2 weeks now...….

Sponsored

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering if FCA would be supplying us in the colder climates with something to reduce airflow through the grill. On the Ram Eco they provided a fabric grill cover with four openings. Some of the later covers (mine is a 2014) had Velcro flaps to allow closing some or all of those openings. Mine has no flaps. I have a 21 mile commute to work. On a cold morning, say -10°F, it will not quite reach it's "normal" coolant temp of 203°F. If it's 10°F above, it will reach normal temp after about 17 miles of mostly 60mph highway. I'm a believer in having the engine reach normal temps.

I'm still in status "F". Been there for going on 2 weeks now...….
I'm curious about this myself. I didn't get the remote start because it will live in the garage and my experience with my VW tdi was that it did not warm up idling anyway. For the tdi, I made some black baffles the sat behind the grill flush against the radiator. I did order the block heater for the JL, but I probably should have gotten the cold weather package to keep myself warm :)

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
I'm curious about this myself. I didn't get the remote start because it will live in the garage and my experience with my VW tdi was that it did not warm up idling anyway. For the tdi, I made some black baffles the sat behind the grill flush against the radiator. I did order the block heater for the JL, but I probably should have gotten the cold weather package to keep myself warm :)
What annoyed me a little is that the Ram has actuated louvers to somewhat control that airflow but they don't control enough of that flow and the grill cover was necessary. I would think that could be made such that it could do the whole job. Maybe there were concerns of over heating due to a fault in such a system?

Do those of you having received your new 3.0, are there computer controlled louvers in front of the radiator?

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
I'm sure there will be a hi idle kit out at some point for the jeep, that should help get it warmer faster, I use mine all the time in my F350 diesel, except to keep the a/c blowing cold........:)

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
The fuel additives up here and the xpd I add to that mix are good for at least -40F. I’m more interested to see how the DEF does when it freezes at about +10F. There are heating elements for the supply line and tank, the former of which thaws the new supply rapidly even with the ignition turned to run and the engine off, but once that tank is frozen solid I can’t imagine it thaws a 5 gallon brick that quickly. Guess we’ll see!
Sponsored