Start of 3.0 Production

Phillies1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler TJ, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Just as I was getting increasingly frustrated, I received this e-mail today. It's a mix bag of good and bad news.

GREAT NEWS!!!! YOUR JEEP IS FINALLY IN TRANSIT!!! It's current ETA is TBD due to a hold up at the factory with not enough truck carriers for all of vehicles in transit.
Sponsored

AdvEddie

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Rubicon EcoDiesel -15 Ram 2500 Cummins Mega
I got a call from Jeep today saying they were waiting on parts for the EGR cooler as well. They had no timeframe whatsoever. Within a couple of hours I received a text from my dealer saying that my delivery date was update to next week! Seems like things are little crazy over there...

Hopefully this means they are making updates to the EGR to address the earlier problems.

Phillies1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler TJ, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I got a call from Jeep today saying they were waiting on parts for the EGR cooler as well. They had no timeframe whatsoever. Within a couple of hours I received a text from my dealer saying that my delivery date was update to next week! Seems like things are little crazy over there...

Hopefully this means they are making updates to the EGR to address the earlier problems.
Fingers crossed!

NW_Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hoping to have my Jeep Saturday!!! Tom brought some good luck with his delivery Today. To those that feel like canceling I came close to cancelling too... I’m glad I didn’t at this point. Ordered Oct 11th and just getting it and I can’t say in words how happy I am

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Contact you dealer! Jeep Cares has been doing this as a generic thing to do right or wrong. I am picking mine up as we speak! It is WORTH the wait! Hold out! You are almost there!

9F2B8AFB-4029-45C5-A471-DF641B1848E7.jpeg

A1770ABF-CA57-4EF5-9F11-CF1E60D4D08B.jpeg

Congrats Tom, glad to see you finally get yours

Sponsored

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
Contact you dealer! Jeep Cares has been doing this as a generic thing to do right or wrong. I am picking mine up as we speak! It is WORTH the wait! Hold out! You are almost there!

9F2B8AFB-4029-45C5-A471-DF641B1848E7.jpeg

A1770ABF-CA57-4EF5-9F11-CF1E60D4D08B.jpeg
Congrats man! Is that a dealer sticker I see there? I thought you made it clear for them not to do that. Or was that someone else?

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Man don't cancel this far in...I would confirm with your dealership, Jeeps handling of information is lacking...seems like there have been some of those phone calls that haven't been accurate.
Don't cancel...wait for it it is worth it!

Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Congratulation on getting your rig Tom, we are all waiting to hear your side of the story on how it drives, also how long before you forgot about the months of waiting ? LOL, I am 2 months in and just about to loose my mind, I am unsure if this is therapeuric in any way, but I surely wish I would forget that I ordered a jeep and be reminded when the salesman calls to ask if I am coming to get it, but like many I hang onto this thread in hopes of light, you getting your jeep today will be the light to many as we sit in the waiting room pacing back and forth, wont compare it to the birth of my kids, but it's closer than I would want to admit to my wife LOL
I won't tell your wife...I didn't even get it off the lot and had forgotten about the wait...once on the Highway it was definitely worth the wait.

Just got back from dinner and my wife said, "This rides better than your 2500HD Silverado Diesel did. She said it sounds just like my Mercedes diesel." Definitely, worth the wait!

Killdozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL sport
From my build sheet:

Dana M210 Wide Front Axle
Dana M220 Wide Rear Axle

Is it safe to assume the hd brakes also accompany the wider axles since there is an additional 400 lbs. Can anyone with a non rubicon verify axle width and hd brakes?
Sponsored