OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Whoa... There are rednecks in Alaska?... :whatsgoingon:
I grew up on a farm and then decided to get into white collar work after college. You know the old saying...you can take the boy out of the farm...

ETA: also seems like half the Mat-Su valley is gulf coast and Oklahoma transplants. We get along just fine despite me being a yankee.
Sponsored

Phillies1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler TJ, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I'm not sure what gets installed at the Body Vendor vs. the assembly line.
I do have the dual top group so they had to put the soft top in the back.

JLUR, Diesel, Auto
Cloth Seats
Remote, Keyless, Proximity Entry
Safety and Adv. Safety Groups
8.4 Premium Audio
LED Lighting
Tow package
Cold Weather
Engine Block
When my dealer responded to my email he stated the following was occurring in the “JB” status:

Your Jeep is in JB status which is shipped to body vendor. This is where it will get the Rubicon Hood, Body Top, Dual Top, Trailer Tow, ect. (Is installed)

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know if diesels are on their way out here in the states, actually I think it’s the other way. Ford, Chevy, and Ram all now offer a small diesel in their 1500 series trucks, Jeep is putting in the Wrangler and Gladiator, and even Mazda has a diesel option in the states. Yes the German auto manufacturers are getting away from it, but thankfully the big 3 seem to be just getting into it.
Totally agree about the trucks, there seems to be expansion in that area for sure and that makes sense, but outside trucks, XXL SUVs and commercial vans, I think the Wrangler is an outlier. I had forgotten about Mazda Skyactive D (do they offer a 2020 diesel option?), but otherwise the only other diesel SUV I could think of was Land Rover. Don't get me wrong, I would love more diesel options just don't see that lasting in this segment. I hope I'm wrong but it would not surprise me to see the diesel as a Gladiator only option at some point for Jeep.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Totally agree about the trucks, there seems to be expansion in that area for sure and that makes sense, but outside trucks, XXL SUVs and commercial vans, I think the Wrangler is an outlier. I had forgotten about Mazda Skyactive D (do they offer a 2020 diesel option?), but otherwise the only other diesel SUV I could think of was Land Rover. Don't get me wrong, I would love more diesel options just don't see that lasting in this segment. I hope I'm wrong but it would not surprise me to see the diesel as a Gladiator only option at some point for Jeep.
I forgot to mention that GM is also offering their new diesel in the Yukon and the Suburban as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ca...173547/2021-chevy-suburban-tahoe-photos-info/

Sponsored

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I forgot to mention that GM is also offering their new diesel in the Yukon and the Suburban as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ca...173547/2021-chevy-suburban-tahoe-photos-info/
...and I agree large segment diesel is growing but midsize diesel keeps shrinking. In the last couple of years, there were about a dozen mid size SUVs in the US market with diesel options . In 2020 I think the options are down to a couple (including the Wrangler). I suspect that the only reason Land/Range Rover and Wrangler can offer the option is because they are less price sensitive than other models. Just my opinion and I am happy to be wrong :)

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
...and I agree large segment diesel is growing but midsize diesel keeps shrinking. In the last couple of years, there were about a dozen mid size SUVs in the US market with diesel options . In 2020 I think the options are down to a couple (including the Wrangler). I suspect that the only reason Land/Range Rover and Wrangler can offer the option is because they are less price sensitive than other models. Just my opinion and I am happy to be wrong :)
Time will tell. If my new 3.0 winds up being a headache then I guess it won’t matter if they stop making the diesels. Fingers are crossed they have the previous gen Ecodiesel issues ironed out.

3.0Diesel

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty CRD, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock
Finally got my window sticker today, don’t want to get to excited, but might actually have this within 5 months of ordering? I’m only 141 miles from Toledo, so I should at least have a shot! I’ll check in with my dealer tomorrow and hopefully learn something.

Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Finally got my window sticker today, don’t want to get to excited, but might actually have this within 5 months of ordering? I’m only 141 miles from Toledo, so I should at least have a shot! I’ll check in with my dealer tomorrow and hopefully learn something.
Almost there!

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
I grew up on a farm and then decided to get into white collar work after college. You know the old saying...you can take the boy out of the farm...

ETA: also seems like half the Mat-Su valley is gulf coast and Oklahoma transplants. We get along just fine despite me being a yankee.
I am a Red Neck too, but being born in Washington DC and living in Virginia...I was country...but in Texas they still call me Yankee! lol