Sponsored

Start of 3.0 Production

NW_Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I feel like the group is expanding too fast. Used to be the Oct/Nov order date crew. Now there are Jan and Feb young'ins in here like; ”how long for D1?". When we ordered there was no EPA cert and we walked up hill both ways to school!
I was just thinking how many new 3.0 members are posting too. It’s all good but definitely different vibe as the early orders are finally getting some traction 4.5 months and new order members are joining in to. I hope their journey is smoother and quicker
Sponsored

gnome

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.... 1994 base YJ .......... 2006 Dakota ..... ..... 2020 Sahara 3.0D
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
The GM of my dealership called to let me know my Jeep will arrive at the Alliance Rail Head on 2/27 and it will be at the dealership on 3/1. Since that is a Sunday, I assume they will have it on 3/2 and have to prepare it for delivery to me so I am guessing 3/3 at th earliest for me...we will see...getting close finally!
That's great news :beer: ....but man that's going to be a long week....

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
That's great news :beer: ....but man that's going to be a long week....
The weeks get even longer when you have it and can’t drive it lol. Here’s an interesting turn of events...my dealer got me a ‘19 Compass trailhawk loaner to drive while my 3.0 is getting ppf and cerakote. 77y/o guy in a duramax Silverado loaded with firewood tagged me from behind while I was stopped at a stop sign this morning on the way to work. I mean HARD. I got a concussion, cervical and lumbar strains, his airbags went, whole nine yards. Now his insurance gets to put me up in the 4th vehicle I’m driving in the last week...not including my wife’s Jeep. Still managed to get over to the shop and spend another 3 hours prepping the underside of the JLURD after work today. Surprisingly therapeutic but I’m sure I’ll be walking like I aged 60 years overnight come tomorrow AM.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
The weeks get even longer when you have it and can’t drive it lol. Here’s an interesting turn of events...my dealer got me a ‘19 Compass trailhawk loaner to drive while my 3.0 is getting ppf and cerakote. 77y/o guy in a duramax Silverado loaded with firewood tagged me from behind while I was stopped at a stop sign this morning on the way to work. I mean HARD. I got a concussion, cervical and lumbar strains, his airbags went, whole nine yards. Now his insurance gets to put me up in the 4th vehicle I’m driving in the last week...not including my wife’s Jeep. Still managed to get over to the shop and spend another 3 hours prepping the underside of the JLURD after work today. Surprisingly therapeutic but I’m sure I’ll be walking like I aged 60 years overnight come tomorrow AM.
Sorry to hear that, hope your recovery is quick. I’m guessing that you are glad that trip wasn’t in the diesel.

Sponsored

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
Respects to you hummbuggers but I just changed jobs and don’t think a diesel fits anymore. I guess the long wait was a blessing in disguise for me. 11/4 and just cancelled 2/24. @toolaide4fit pleqse remove me from the list and huge thanks and admiration for making, refining, and keeping that alive. I’m looking to pick up a gasser locally. This waiting makes me anxious. See you all around the forum and enjoy them 3.0’s when you get them! PS I have a new 3.0D badge that sells for @$35 on eBay. It belongs to @toolaide4fit if he wants it, for his dedication here. PM me!

gnome

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
Respects to you hummbuggers but I just changed jobs and don’t think a diesel fits anymore. I guess the long wait was a blessing in disguise for me. 11/4 and just cancelled 2/24. @toolaide4fit pleqse remove me from the list and huge thanks and admiration for making, refining, and keeping that alive. I’m looking to pick up a gasser locally. This waiting makes me anxious. See you all around the forum and enjoy them 3.0’s when you get them! PS I have a new 3.0D badge that sells for @$35 on eBay. It belongs to @toolaide4fit if he wants it, for his dedication here. PM me!
Tom has definitely earned everyone's respect, and gratitude for his effort in all of this......
Sending him your badge is a class move... good on you, and hope you have good luck with your new choice....

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
damn dude sorry to hear. Good to hear you are alright, and at least you’re 3.0 is nice and safe too. Hope their insurance takes good care of you

gnome

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired IBEW electrician
Glad your ok., hope the old guy(that's beginning to be a relative term) is all right.... I'm thinking you might be part Irish....because, if it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all...

Eeshasdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Rubicon
James,

Hope you are OK. Aches and pains happen as we become more seasoned. I know you are still a lot younger than I am, but it is a glimpse of things to come.

Talk about luck, good thing the Jeep is still in the shop or you may be ordering another one. Who cares if the loaner gets a little banged up as long as it not your new rig and nobody get hurt.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
James,

Hope you are OK. Aches and pains happen as we become more seasoned. I know you are still a lot younger than I am, but it is a glimpse of things to come.

Talk about luck, good thing the Jeep is still in the shop or you may be ordering another one. Who cares if the loaner gets a little banged up as long as it not your new rig and nobody get hurt.
Yea it seems my decision to ppf the thing saved me a whole lot more than scratches. I feel like crap but I suspect his unrestrained dogs that bounced off the the airbags and windshield feel even worse. I don’t envy the poor bastard who has to detail the interior of that compass either because the impact managed to empty the Pyrex bowl from inside my lunchbox all over the vents and switches...chicken stew.

9DC34CAD-49A9-467D-8DA3-AF942206B294.jpeg

Big Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU 2020 JLURD on order 2008 JKU 2015 GMC Denali Tow Pig
The GM of my dealership called to let me know my Jeep will arrive at the Alliance Rail Head on 2/27 and it will be at the dealership on 3/1. Since that is a Sunday, I assume they will have it on 3/2 and have to prepare it for delivery to me so I am guessing 3/3 at th earliest for me...we will see...getting close finally!
Congrats! Excited to see another DFW 3.0!

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Yea it seems my decision to ppf the thing saved me a whole lot more than scratches. I feel like crap but I suspect his unrestrained dogs that bounced off the the airbags and windshield feel even worse. I don’t envy the poor bastard who has to detail the interior of that compass either because the impact managed to empty the Pyrex bowl from inside my lunchbox all over the vents and switches...chicken stew.

9DC34CAD-49A9-467D-8DA3-AF942206B294.jpeg
WOW! I am sorry that happened to you and hope the stiffness isn't too bad this morning. Unfortunately, you are getting to know what it feels like to be 60 WAY before your time! I am so glad it wasn't your new rig! I hope you recover quickly.

That is a whole lot of chicken crap to clean up! Poor guy!

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Just got a call from Jeep Wave. They’re telling me my Jeep will not be built until April. It’s a bit confusing since I was already told it was built, in storage and awaiting final inspection or shipping...
Sounds right. About a week ago, my dealer got an email from their Jeep Rep stating production rates are limited due to EGR cooler part capacity and production could be delayed until April.
Sponsored