Start of 3.0 Production

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks! I actually very detailed logs of EVERYTHING so far. It's how I do
Hi @Nihkole,

We are terribly sorry to hear that you have a concern with your new JL Wrangler. I would like to escalate a case for this. Please send me a message with your VIN, mileage, and servicing dealer to get started.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

DIESELD

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco-Diesel, ordered 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Eco-Diesel
My Jeep has been built! Got and email this morning saying Iā€™m now in JS status. My dealer is hoping itā€™s not waiting on the EGR cooler part. Are they building them with out them??

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
My Jeep has been built! Got and email this morning saying Iā€™m now in JS status. My dealer is hoping itā€™s not waiting on the EGR cooler part. Are they building them with out them??
i highly doubt that. They may be building and then setting aside but I dont think theyd do that. Imagine the logistical costs and potential for errors in the storage, and later installation of a critical emissions component.

Just my educated guess, though.

It's my understanding the EGR cooler part is only a bottleneck, not a full blown stop.

DIESELD

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco-Diesel, ordered 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Eco-Diesel
i highly doubt that. They may be building and then setting aside but I dont think theyd do that. Imagine the logistical costs and potential for errors in the storage, and later installation of a critical emissions component.

Just my educated guess, though.

It's my understanding the EGR cooler part is only a bottleneck, not a full blown stop.
Yea. I agree

Sponsored

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Eco on order.
Iā€™m in KZLD status. Still hoping for a first or second week of March delivery.

StuartR

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed Mike and got this response this morning after providing him my VIN yesterday.

Your Jeep Wrangler is built and was released to the carrier - KZ status.

I will send an email to my contacts in our corporate logistics office and request that they prioritize your Jeep for shipping.

I'll continue to keep you updated once it ships out.

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
I emailed Mike and got this response this morning after providing him my VIN yesterday.

I will send an email to my contacts in our corporate logistics office and request that they prioritize your Jeep for shipping.

My build date was yesterday according to dealer email. This is what I got from JC today. Is this a dreaded EGR part issue? Did anyone else got something similar?
" What the system shows is that the fantastic color choice of Black for your jeep Rubicon is that Built pending installation of additional features or optional equipment.
There is no other information showing at this time."

Sponsored

G-Dog15

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon on order.

Who is Mike?
Sounds like the guy I need to talk to.
The Dealer checks in with me every Friday and says nothing new. I just find that hard to believe.

nforkjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel / 2020 JLURD Delivered !
Had a chat with Mike, he says: (I hope he is right!)

Thank you very much, I am showing that at this time your order is currently in the build process. The completed vehicle should be ready for shipping in the next day or so.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Who is Mike?
The Dealer checks in with me every Friday and says nothing new. I just find that hard to believe.
Mike is an executive referrals manager at FCA. A lot of us emailed the big 3 execs and some of us were contacted by Mike with him personally handling our case he has been great and has helped several orders move forward. Now Someone started sharing their correspondences with him including his email address which in turn everyone started emailing him directly. He has expressed to not share his info out. So I am not sure how helpful he will be if people keep flooding him directly.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Who is Mike?
Mike MacDonald. He works for FCA. He apparently has been hounded by many of us, so unless you have a very early order that has gone nowhere, try not to push him toward being less accessible to help egregious cases.

Last edited:

FL_Diesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Diesel
Here is my timeline.
2/1 Ordered
2/4 VIN assigned
2/21 Gateline schedule confirmation received for 3/5
Sponsored