Start of 3.0 Production

Big Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU 2020 JLURD on order 2008 JKU 2015 GMC Denali Tow Pig
My dealer told me mine was going to ship on 1/18...well, they still haven't built it yet. He told me it was going to be build on 2/17. I asked him is that was the same person that told him it was shipping on 1/18. He said yes, I asked him why I should believe the 2/17 date if he was wrong about the 1/18 date...haven't heard back from the dealer since. LMAO.
Got an email last night from FCA US Customer Care saying our build is scheduled for 2/10 which JC confirmed today almost verbatim (scary lol)....fingers crossed...toolaide4fit I truly hope you beat us across the finish line! Looking forward to getting the NTX 3.0 Diesels together at some point soon.
Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Got an email last night from FCA US Customer Care saying our build is scheduled for 2/10 which JC confirmed today almost verbatim (scary lol)....fingers crossed...toolaide4fit I truly hope you beat us across the finish line! Looking forward to getting the NTX 3.0 Diesels together at some point soon.
I haven't gotten anything from FCA...but from what I hear that is usually the best source of information. At this point, I am not counting on that happening!

mccallj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 CTS-V Wagon, Pending '20 JLURD
Congrats Rob! Funny, I've seen your current JK in McKinney before as the wife and I love your bikini top. We're in Lucas.

Sponsored

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the 3.0 diesel on 1-3-20 so I am trying hard to not track it as it would only frustrate me, my dealer did ask for the thread lightly in order to qualify for an extra 1% off invoice and I did not remember to sign up until the 16th so since they need the subcription to be at least 30 days old I am hoping the wrangler will be arriving after the 16th and we can bring it home to start the built.

It would make my day to start seeing these wranglers arrive to their owners as it woud put my worries to rest that I may not see it until March, I am also worry the dealer did not ordered it with all the items we listed as I have read it has happen to others than it would be very frustrating at that point to keep something you did not build or wait for the correct one to be build, keeping my fingers crossed.
I think you have the correct mentality. Don't expect it to come quickly and you'll be happy when it comes. After all, we're the first ones to jump onto this ship here.

Eeshasdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Rubicon
Let's see, mine was supposed to be built 12/16 and shipped on 12/20, then it was 1/6 and ship on 1/10. Today I am still D1 after 116 days after the order. Once again I was told I would hear back in 24/48 hours. I think I will hold my breath and see what happens. If nothing else, I will have a nice nap after I pass out. :)

Honestly I am not even angry about it any more, you reach a point where it is so funny, all you can do is smile.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Here is tonight's spreadsheet! We are now tracking 77 Jeeps with 11 being delivered...we are considering those cheaters that were lucky to find one at a dealer in our numbers still! Lol!

Attachments

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I received a call from the dealership today to let me know I have an estimated ship date of 2/11. I was pretty excited about that but then I thought hey, why not check in with Jeep Chat to see what they say. I get the “build should start soon” message. I’m not getting that excited until I see my build and window sticker show up on cryptostickers.
From what I understand the estimated ship date they give you is when it’s about to be built. Then you have Inspection and body vendor and whatever else before it actually ships. So when I finally get to D1 with an estimated ship date, I’ll be expecting it to be built on or right around that “ship date” date.

Sponsored

Kornpop

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Silverado Z71
Just placed my order for the turbo diesel today! Firecracker red, Sahara Altitude Package. So excited! This will be my first wrangler And I’m coming from a full size pickup. We also have a 18 Grand Cherokee and love it. Always been a dream to own a wrangler! Any advice what the next steps are, How to check the status, what are the steps? This is all so new and this is my first car I’ve ever ordered.

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Just placed my order for the turbo diesel today! Firecracker red, Sahara Altitude Package. So excited! This will be my first wrangler And I’m coming from a full size pickup. We also have a 18 Grand Cherokee and love it. Always been a dream to own a wrangler! Any advice what the next steps are, How to check the status, what are the steps? This is all so new and this is my first car I’ve ever ordered.
My advice, treat it like waiting for an ATF Form 4 to clear...just forget you ever ordered it and when it shows up sometime between this spring and summer, enjoy lol. Those of us who are inching up on 4 months since ordering are just getting annoyed and commiserating.

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually

Welcome to the whining waiters club. This thread is long but well worth the read. It will tell you all about tracking your build and offer suggestions on how to have a hit ordered on the FCA higher ups. :CWL::CWL::CWL:

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can I get one of those vehicle condoms? There are so damn many of those Prius around here I’m afraid that tank will get Toyota cooties.
The price of admission for a vehicle condom without holes in it ranges from $3000-6000...what does a case of Toyota cooties cost to cure nowadays? lol

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh that's right he won't take pictures until he gets the "VEHICLE CONDOM" on it! He doesn't want to get it dirty!
Turns out the first pics you get from me will be of a dirty black 3.0 because the dealer isn’t allowed to clean it and I’ll probably snap a picture next to my dirty black 3.6 before trailering the 3.0 down the road for xpel application. That said, anyone who has owned a black vehicle in the past knows damn well that just looking at it sideways will scratch it lol. The only reason it will see so much hardcore wheeling is because its condom comes with a 10 year warranty :whew:
Sponsored