Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
My update today.

Amber (1/23/2020, 3:12:24 PM): Hi, my name is Amber with Jeep Customer Care, How may I help you?
Me (1/23/2020, 3:12:30 PM): Would you please lookup the status of my order?
VIN:1C4JJXFM4LW232624 VON:45073137

Amber (1/23/2020, 3:12:58 PM): Congratulations on your order, Ron! I would be happy to check on the status for you!
Amber (1/23/2020, 3:13:01 PM): Just one moment
Me (1/23/2020, 3:13:21 PM): The famous Amber per JL wrangler forum.
Amber (1/23/2020, 3:14:20 PM): Oh dear, I will have to look into that later!
Amber (1/23/2020, 3:14:51 PM): I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build any day now!
Me (1/23/2020, 3:14:54 PM): https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/
Me (1/23/2020, 3:15:11 PM): Any build date?
Amber (1/23/2020, 3:16:27 PM): There is a tentative start week for the week of 01-20-20, this is still subject to change but it really should be starting any day now.
Me (1/23/2020, 3:16:40 PM): Thank you.
Amber (1/23/2020, 3:17:03 PM): You're welcome, Ron! Have a great rest of your day!
I don't have you on our tracking spreadsheet...if you want you can update the spreadsheet with you info and send it to me and I will add you. If you want you can send me your vehicle order sheet and I will do it for you! Thanks!
Sponsored

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Don't count on it, there is a build happening that was ordered over 2 months after me, check out the spreadsheet.
Well I’m still in D so it gonna be a while yet. Sure love special ordering Jeeps. 3rd JL I’ve ordered and so far not one has been smooth or quick. If it shows up early then so be it, but seems like every time I order it’s about 5 mos before it shows up. Funny cuz my 16 Rubicon Hard Rock was like 3 weeks from order to delivery.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Here is the latest and greatest spreadsheet. Tracking 64 rigs now! Expect to have 2 more delivered in the next couple of days.
Idk if it matters, but my options are not right on the spreadsheet. Half of the stuff I ordered are not there. Should I send you the information or doesn’t it matter?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Got word from dealer today mine (ordered 10/18) was getting loaded on a train today, expected delivery to dealer 2/4-2/6.
They’re coming in with pace now! Mine is supposed to be on its boat from WA to AK tomorrow or Saturday with delivery next week!

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
Was your 69 Roadrunner 440 a true A12 M-Code?

Yes, it was in 1970 I had a 63 Ford Econoline, an ODrabx-telephone company vehicle van that I turned into a surfer van. Had to drill out 100's of rivets etc. I did a good job on it but not for what followed. It was right out of high school, and I worked in a factory at AMF Voit rubber, footballs basketballs etc. in Costa Mesa CA. A guy that worked in this large factory came to me with his idea, "hey, how about you give me $1000 and the van for my Road Runner. I played it cool with...well, I don't know er, a, while all the while being about to pee myself. I said, "well, I will need a closer look." I was not a Chrysler guy...yet, I didn't know anything about codes at that time, but it was a 1 year old red, RR with the black hood stripes, bench seat, 4 speed, with 5 spoke mag wheels. My heart raced as I tried to hide my excitement and maybe blow the deal. I went on my honeymoon in this awesome vehicle. On my honeymoon, we went up old hwy 395. My new bride fell asleep over the long straight road. As she napped, I slowly brought this baby to over 130mph at which time she opened her eyes and asked, "how fast are we going?" Ha. Got my draft notice and sold my RR to my brother for $2500. When I got back from overseas, on the side of the house there sat my beautiful RR, wrecked. He was racing in the rain...with no insurance. I was on GI pay at the time so I was hand to mouth pay wise. My mom got sick of seeing my hearts car sitting and she sold it for $300.00!!! I was about to be discharged and came home to visit. I think I DID pee myself when I saw the empty spot by the house. As they say, "In that moment I died a thousand deaths." Note: my payment on that $1000 loan was $65.00 a month. Ha, How times have changed.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Sorry to have gotten a little emotional...but I really love my 2.0. I will get my wife the diesel and we will be a 2 Jeep family. The new diesel seems awesome!
Its all good! I don't see any of them being bad frankly. Oh, I had a 1969 Econoline 100 Panel Van that a painter had and my Uncle had a plumbing company he bought it to use it...but it would run about 30 minutes and die. So he sold it to me for $500 and didn't tell me about the problem. It died a mile from my house...sat for a couple of hours and started right up...I told my Dad I was going to replace the coil and he told me it was a mistake. They either work or don't work...$8.00 coil and drove it for a couple of years...put a bed in the back and customized it. Ah the 70's sure were fun!

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
Its all good! I don't see any of them being bad frankly. Oh, I had a 1969 Econoline 100 Panel Van that a painter had and my Uncle had a plumbing company he bought it to use it...but it would run about 30 minutes and die. So he sold it to me for $500 and didn't tell me about the problem. It died a mile from my house...sat for a couple of hours and started right up...I told my Dad I was going to replace the coil and he told me it was a mistake. They either work or don't work...$8.00 coil and drove it for a couple of years...put a bed in the back and customized it. Ah the 70's sure were fun!
Yu[p, the 70's were fun. Now about that coil. Good move, when they heat up they can break down. You guessed it right.

Big Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU 2020 JLURD on order 2008 JKU 2015 GMC Denali Tow Pig
Maybe we can all get together when they come in...let's set a date...Maybe July 4th? lol
Hell yes.....couldn't do July 4th but I'm down your way quite a bit...
Sponsored