Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, your dealer is probably right...I have been told I was D1 by JC 3 times...every time I ask..."Are you sure?" They have come back and said, sorry you are still in D.

Every time I talk to JC they disconnect on me when I ask for more information they are completely incompetent :headbang:
Sponsored

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
It’ll be interesting to see if these new 3.0s off the line are actually sent to storage for a significant period awaiting Jeep’s EGR investigation results or if that dealer was also misinformed. Guess we’ll soon know if getting a rig out of Toledo before that reported hold is a blessing or a curse.

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
It’ll be interesting to see if these new 3.0s off the line are actually sent to storage for a significant period awaiting Jeep’s EGR investigation results or if that dealer was also misinformed. Guess we’ll soon know if getting a rig out of Toledo before that reported hold is a blessing or a curse.
Yep. They did all the tests tonight and there was no obstruction on/in my egr valve. So my Jeep is still hanging out in the shop. I've officially not had it longer than I've owned it. Not happy.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. They did all the tests tonight and there was no obstruction on/in my egr valve. So my Jeep is still hanging out in the shop. I've officially not had it longer than I've owned it. Not happy.

Damn so sorry to hear this. How long do they have to test it before they can deem it a bad one?

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn so sorry to hear this. How long do they have to test it before they can deem it a bad one?
No idea. It still looks like the only thing wrong is this valve isn't opening on a cold start but then opens fine every other time. But my CEL stays on and triggers a warning on my uconnect.

Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
So sorry to hear this. I know it must be frustrating...not getting my jeep is frustrating, but getting it and then not having it is definitely more frustrating. I hope this find a resolution soon for you!

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Maybe not building my jeep now is preventing me from being more frustrated that the dealership has it and doesn't know how to fix it. It will be interesting...not this this was unexpected.

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So sorry to hear this. I know it must be frustrating...not getting my jeep is frustrating, but getting it and then not having it is definitely more frustrating. I hope this find a resolution soon for you!
Thanks it really is frustrating. I'm realizing tonight though after almost a week in the shop that this is probably going to be some sort of software update and someone in Germany or Italy who wrote the electrical engineering/programming is going to need to tweak.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
My girlfriend leased a Jeep RENEGADE a couple of years ago and it spent week one to week 8 of its life at the dealer. They gave us a crane Cherokee loaner so we took it on a 3000 mile road trip. They weren’t pleased but it was miles and wear and tear that didn’t go on the Jeep.

I vote you glass half full it and take all the advantage you can

Last edited:

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
My girlfriend leased a Jeep gladiator a couple of years ago and it spent week one to week 8 of its life at the dealer. They gave us a crane Cherokee loaner so we took it on a 3000 mile road trip. They weren’t pleased but it was miles and wear and tear that didn’t go on the Jeep.

I vote you glass half full it and take all the advantage you can
She got a gladiator a couple years ago? Impressive.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks it really is frustrating. I'm realizing tonight though after almost a week in the shop that this is probably going to be some sort of software update and someone in Germany or Italy who wrote the electrical engineering/programming is going to need to tweak.
If that’s the case, celeste’s issue will be replicated with another cold-weather 3.0 shipped in the last 3 weeks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is not a daily driver, but has 250 miles on it with no issues. Power is amazing, I love this Jeep.

BB0F7DB4-DAFD-4569-A517-2E891AC211D4.jpeg
Based on what I’ve heard you’re planning for mods, your restraint over those first 250 miles is remarkable lol.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Mine is not a daily driver, but has 250 miles on it with no issues. Power is amazing, I love this Jeep.

BB0F7DB4-DAFD-4569-A517-2E891AC211D4.jpeg
My JLURD is not a DD either. So far I have got to drive it home. What size tires are you planning? I really want 37s but not sure how the 3.73 ratio will handle it. Yeah the diesel has all that torque, however 4 inch increase is a lot. Hope someone takes one for the team to figure out the best setup.
Sponsored