Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just confirmed with Jeep chat. The agent gave me the following message:

Vehicle order status as of today is D1- Status
Thank you for your patience as I have found your vehicle. At this time there is not an ETA on your vehicle. I have found a status under your vehicle at this time your status is as following: All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon. Please be advised you can be in this status up to 30 days I would advise checking back next week to see if an update has been made.

Very exciting!!
I hate to be a Debbie Downer but I got the same generic message today minus D1 status. I was given D status. My last 4 are 5130. I would bet if Production truly did start for the masses there would be news all over this forum with it. I don’t doubt that’s what they told you but I wouldn’t be celebrating yet.

On a side note I haven’t seen any EPA numbers released yet. Would they start production with out that release? I would bet all of us waiting will be bombarding Jeep chat tomorrow. Let’s hope for some good news
Sponsored

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I hate to be a Debbie Downer but I got the same generic message today minus D1 status. I was given D status. My last 4 are 5130. I would bet if Production truly did start for the masses there would be news all over this forum with it. I don’t doubt that’s what they told you but I wouldn’t be celebrating yet.

On a side note I haven’t seen any EPA numbers released yet. Would they start production with out that release? I would bet all of us waiting will be bombarding Jeep chat tomorrow. Let’s hope for some good news
Yea I called their CS number around 21:00EST and was told they’re having issues with server access on their system that stores build status info...they’ve been getting partial information off of it, including this generic message, and they said tomorrow it should be cleaned up. I tend to get much more useful information from their CS line with the graveyard shift when I call from AK at like 02:00EST so we’ll see if that holds true later.

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Yea I called their CS number around 21:00EST and was told they’re having issues with server access on their system that stores build status info...they’ve been getting partial information off of it, including this generic message, and they said tomorrow it should be cleaned up. I tend to get much more useful information from their CS line with the graveyard shift when I call from AK at like 02:00EST so we’ll see if that holds true later.
Wow, what a rabbit hole. I just called the number like you said and they can’t even find Joyce’s build under the VIN, VON, or dealer logs. :(

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The changing of the calendar appears to have solved nothing. Still D status and the system is running fine. Maybe this is their way of getting us off the scent that this whole delay was a crooked deal between FCA and the EPA over prior 3.0 emissions violations. Or FCA was promised cert by 11/25 and EPA dropped the ball per usual. Or both. I had a good chuckle with the CS rep on the phone when he said the 10/7 orders have taken so long that they qualify to be escalated to formal inquiry by 11/28. I said yea, maybe I’ll take it up with the unelected, unaccountable, 4th-branch goons at the NVFEL in Ann Arbor, MI.

Sponsored

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
Wow, what a rabbit hole. I just called the number like you said and they can’t even find Joyce’s build under the VIN, VON, or dealer logs. :(
I had the same problem. Called to check status and was told my vin was not a valid number. VON could not be found in the system. I called second time to make sure I was not talking to some incompetent fool. Talked to different person and got the same answer. I verified vin with dealer and called again next day. They found it and gave me status. When I asked how it is possible that two people on the team could not find my vin in the system they told me that those people did not know where to look for D status orders.

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
Still in D status as well...last 5 of vin are 30996

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the same problem. Called to check status and was told my vin was not a valid number. VON could not be found in the system. I called second time to make sure I was not talking to some incompetent fool. Talked to different person and got the same answer. I verified vin with dealer and called again next day. They found it and gave me status. When I asked how it is possible that two people on the team could not find my vin in the system they told me that those people did not know where to look for D status orders.
There are separate systems for currently owned vehicles and vehicles in the build process...sometimes you have to teach the new folks at Jeep CS about the latter lol.

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Still D status per jeepchat. For the hell of it, I called in and the woman said she couldn’t find my Vin or vehicle order number in the system. As mentioned above, she probably didn’t know there are two different systems.

Sponsored

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Still in D status as well...last 5 of vin are 30996
Would you by chance have the 3 & 0 transposed? My vin is 1C4JJXFM5LW202788. If not then Jeep has 30,000 JLs to build. I place the order on 10/19. When did you place your order?

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish they were, but they are not. I ordered mine on 11/22, so long after you. It would appear that 30,000+ is right about where we are.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Holy moly? That wouldn’t be all diesels? Would it?

Where are you coming up with 30k diesels? If you are using your Vin # 202788 wouldnt that equate to 200k? And if you are using the last 5 mine are 95130 and mine was ordered on the 14Oct so that would equate to 95k then ;)

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holy moly? That wouldn’t be all diesels? Would it?
I actually ordered a 2.0 just days before that had the VIN# 25617, so my thought is that the 30,000+ number would include all iterations.
Sponsored