Start of 3.0 Production

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
My JLURD is built and I got the window sticker yesterday. Which is supposed to mean the vehicle is finished and ready to ship. (Right?). The dealer said it is supposed to arrive on the 22nd. Twenty two days from Toledo to Charlotte. I think they are dragging it with a team of mules with the e brakes on. Still better than being stuck in ‘d’, Sorry.
Sponsored

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
When does the build sheet show up compared to the window sticker? I'm on the list of "still got nuttin."

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
I miss the olden days with the online VOTS site where we could check the order status ten times a day without involving a person.

For the diesel they would have to rename it the NOTS site.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
My rig is in KZR...which seems to frequently indicate the opposite of the definition on this forum (a few days from dealer). Interestingly, the Jeep CS rep I talked to last night stated that management has sent multiple emails asking CS not to report KZ sub-status to buyers because of the inaccuracies of their tracking system. They sell vehicles at nearly max production capacity so they have no incentive to improve their custom-order experience apparently.

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
My rig is in KZR...which seems to frequently indicate the opposite of the definition on this forum (a few days from dealer). Interestingly, the Jeep CS rep I talked to last night stated that management has sent multiple emails asking CS not to report KZ sub-status to buyers because of the inaccuracies of their tracking system. They sell vehicles at nearly max production capacity so they have no incentive to improve their custom-order experience apparently.
This makes sense. Jeep pushes out their vehicles as fast as they can. We shouldn't really expect more than that. It's unfortunate that our orders aren't given priority but technically we really don't know that isn't the case either.

I think we all just kind of got screwed with the holidays falling in a terrible time because the plant workers are all in and out of work for vacation. Remember back in the day people used to say that you shouldn't buy a car that was built on a Friday or just before vacation etc? I'm all right with it taking extra time to build because of the holiday break. Especially if that gives me a chance of some of the workers being extra diligent because they're fresh.

The Tesla plant is right where I live and I can w/o doubt tell you those cars are built by a bunch of Neanderthals. Gives you something to think about.

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Fresh off the truck! I pick her up tomorrow at 11am!! Sorry for all you guys still waiting.

20200102_160417.jpg
I have an eta at dealer for 1/6-1/20. Was your arrival accurate? Or did it show up early? And give us some feedback on how she drives, please.

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I just called the Affiliate Rewards folks and got my Control Number for 2020. (If you have a number for 2019 it expires today.) So, I am ready. C'mon Jeep!
Is the tread lightly still an affiliates reward? Not sure if I need to do anything, I became a member and have letter for discount.

Buttercup 3.0

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR 2012 JK
Everyone that has posted their window sticker, is there anything on there that was added you didn't order? Every window sticker so far has had the proximity remote control, did everyone order that or is it one of the mandatory options on the diesel? I know I didn't order it on mine but I haven't seen my window sticker yet.
I got everything but leather and all the extra warning stuff for cruise and side detection oh and no painted fenders with my full send approach the paint won’t last long

Sponsored

Buttercup 3.0

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR 2012 JK
Oh
I’m out of town but the wife stopped by to take a look at it while they are cleaning and getting it ready for delivery tomorrow. Here’s the first Diesel pic!!!

CE025407-EB71-46A4-A7AA-1C5C5B10CE8E.jpeg
so awesome I’m jelly I have 10k in parts just sitting in my shop waiting on our Jeep congratulations

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Is the tread lightly still an affiliates reward? Not sure if I need to do anything, I became a member and have letter for discount.
You still need to contact the Affiliates Reward group to use your Tread Lightly membership to get a Control Number. That is what gets you the discount.

Buttercup 3.0

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR 2012 JK
Yeah, were all waiting for the constant regen cycles, poor mileage, and you to flip on the roof when you stop from all that weight in the front. Am I missing anything? Oh yeah, a clogged DPF and cloud of soot. That should cover it.
Really did you order one if not shut your face Ive been waiting for a diesel in a Jeep for 20 years Tacoma as well but they must be scared they may sell more trucks that being said if it makes it 3 DEF tanks I’m deleting all the stuff that chokes this engine down.

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
Second on the forum! Congrats! Driving impressions will be much appreciated.
First impressions - Diesel noise isn't loud on the inside at all. The engine start stop was a little extra jiggly than the gas 2019 I test drove a year ago but it didn't bother me. Drove up and down steep hills in DC and it handled it fine. I can give a better review after I drive it home Sunday night!
Sponsored