Start of 3.0 Production

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon eco-diesel in Sting Gray on order
So I’m about a week away from getting my diesel. Any suggestions or pointers. Dealer wash or no wash. Anything at all let me know. Thanks.
Don’t let them wash it, they will swirl up your paint pretty good. If that sort of thing doesn’t bother you then I guess it doesn’t matter, but to me it does, I do detailing on the side and I did not let them touch one thing. Drove it home with all the plastic on the seats and whatnot. I will spend 2 1/2 to 3 full days doing a complete detail and ceramic coating myself, and the less swirls I have to buff out the better.

Advertisement

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
would love to see a front and front side angle when done.

Not sure what you mean by "front and front side angle". Here's a couple shots from today. It's finally sunny. Amazing the difference in this color depending on the angle of the sun.

IMG_0294.jpg
IMG_0297.jpg

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon eco-diesel in Sting Gray on order
Not sure what you mean by "front and front side angle". Here's a couple shots from today. It's finally sunny. Amazing the difference in this color depending on the angle of the sun.

IMG_0294.jpg
IMG_0297.jpg
That is a real eye catching color.
Mine does the same thing in different light conditions.
BBC162F0-0718-4B12-8256-DB9276E51E0E.jpeg

27561CD9-945A-4234-8666-595D48F92201.jpeg

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, 2016 Mercedes C450 AMG, 2014 Mercedes ML-350 Blutec, 2005 Heritage Softail
Occupation
IT Manager
Don’t let them wash it, they will swirl up your paint pretty good. If that sort of thing doesn’t bother you then I guess it doesn’t matter, but to me it does, I do detailing on the side and I did not let them touch one thing. Drove it home with all the plastic on the seats and whatnot. I will spend 2 1/2 to 3 full days doing a complete detail and ceramic coating myself, and the less swirls I have to buff out the better.
Told them not to wash mine but they did, took 5 hours to get the swirls out before ceramic coating it. Don't let them wash it if you are getting a ceramic coating.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, 2016 Mercedes C450 AMG, 2014 Mercedes ML-350 Blutec, 2005 Heritage Softail
Occupation
IT Manager
There are no changes to the spreadsheet so I will not be posting one tonight...last night is it.

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited Diesel & 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Occupation
Cybersecurity
There are no changes to the spreadsheet so I will not be posting one tonight...last night is it.
I'm curious I have the build sheet link however the tracker still says my build sheet is unavailable. Any idea?

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
So I’m about a week away from getting my diesel. Any suggestions or pointers. Dealer wash or no wash. Anything at all let me know. Thanks.
From experience always check out a new vehicle very closely. I didn't and it cost me thousands for a attorney. From what I have learned reading this thread is to check all the fuses to make sure they are seated properly. NEVER pick up a new vehicle that is sitting in the rain or in the dark. you will not be able to see paint damage or if something was repainted before you got to it. Being a diesel I would want to see if there is a way to check the hours on the engine not just the miles. If somewhere along its trip to the dealer it sat idling for an extended period I would want a forced regen performed by the dealer to clean the DPF

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel, 1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
my fuses were not all seated completely. forgot to mention that

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No problem, just tried to pay some homage to our rigs’ battle-hardened history. To each his own.

I’m a noob here—speaking of battle-hardened, I know some of you have been waiting on your rigs for going on 5+ months.
I LIKE IT

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the welcome!

Happy to help out if y’all need/want it for final touch-ups. As far as materials, Stickermule offers a wide variety of materials. Different materials/styles can be made to give everyone options for final applications.

I’m still waiting for me JLRUD. It was built last Thursday, waiting for inspection.
Jay,
I have made this offer before to use my company's vinyl gut and I would pay for the decals I just need the final decision. I like yours the best but Iits not my decision. I also have an idea on shipping. We can list them on Ebay and put a stupid reserve on them with make offer. If someone from the post orders we confirm with their username they provide and this post. Accept the shipping cost only and then you have their shipping address, name and payment for the shipping. I can help there if needed or have one of the people in the office take care of it. I hope we don't talk about this as long as some have waited for their JLRUD.

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_0294.jpg
IMG_0297.jpg
I ordered the same color and wanted to get an idea of it with that color with the bumper. I like it. Were you able to use the OEM fog lights?

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
Saw my first JLURD in the wild today. Very sharp looking Rubicon...Additionally I made a quick placeholder video montage for www.year1diesel.com ...let me know what you think (keeping in mind I used a couple old cell phones and some free video software on an ancient linux machine).

20200315_193759.jpg

HamChuck

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 YJ 2.5l / 2020 JLUD Willy Sport
Got my window sticker late last night, so I contacted Jeep Chat. John Robert told me my Sarge Green Willy was released to shipping with no ETA. I guess that is KZ-L status. Almost perfect timing. The 1994 YJ blew it’s water pump this afternoon on the way to work. Fortunately I have one sitting in my critical spare parts box, but still needed to rent a truck to get to work. Hopefully I can get the new one installed tomorrow.

Attachments

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
For y'alls consideration.
This is just a low-res version for review. The original file is vector.
Small detail: I gave Eugene 7 teeth to match
yellow-can-club_lottaboot.jpg
his namesake's grille.

This is awesome. I'd be interested in seeing workup with and w/out Eugene. But, this definitely gets my vote.